New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that haven't seen this, "MLAT"! 😀

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
      I'll hopefully get to catch a glimpse of it. I still remember the good old days watching the Ozzie flights with 767's.
      Hopefully will get a glimpse of it on its way to NZDN from NZAA. Here's hoping for clear skys

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
        Hopefully will get a glimpse of it on its way to NZDN from NZAA. Here's hoping for clear skys
        Yes did get a glimpse of ZK-NCL. Would have been a great photo if a few minutes later as had a long contrail, sky very clear on this crisp frosty morning

Comment

• I came upon an interesting article on SOFIA in the New Scientist magazine online,I was unable to post a direct link maybe copyright issue.
          If anyone interested go to www.newscientist.com and search for article " chasing plutos shadow"

Comment

• Air New Zealand Link/Mt Cook Airlines new ATR76 (ZK-MVG c/n1664 hex C82284) arrived yesterday at Kupang El Tari Airport, Indonseia.
            Scheduled to arrive in Brisbane at 16.43 today

Comment

• Here's my (roughly) annual analysis of the log data for my receiver. Based on the number of unique a/c received in each 10 minute interval and then averaged over 5 days. The 2014 data was recorded after the AT76s were switched to Mode S only.
              activity2015.png

Comment

• Very interesting Mr Templeton! Are the All Aircraft just those observed locally or are they NZ wide from the PP catchment? Nevertheless it's nice to see the 'ticking clock' view over three years and hopefully by 2018 it will be round to the 50 second mark.
                Michael
                Palmerston North,
                New Zealand
                ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• ZK-MVG to arrive in Christchurch at 4.45pm from Brisbane on its delivery flight

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                    Are the All Aircraft just those observed locally or are they NZ wide from the PP catchment?
                    Just directly by my receiver. My setup hasn't changed at all between 2014 and 2015. The antenna in 2013 was a metre higher so it picked up a bit more international ADS-B traffic to/from Wellington to the NW of Westport and over the Nelson area ...

Comment

• ZK-MVG to arrive in Christchurch at 4.45pm from Brisbane on its delivery flight
                      Just noticed it arriving at ChCh; well spotted!

Comment

• It appears that we have another FR24 receiver in the Hokitika area. F-NZHK2 currently tracking incoming flights to Ch-Ch

Or perhaps it is a replacement for F-NZHK1 as it has not been seen for a while

Comment

• Seven Up!

All seven ATR's up on full ADS-B at 3.10pm today local time!

all seven.jpg
                          Michael
                          Palmerston North,
                          New Zealand
                          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                            Seven Up!

All seven ATR's up on full ADS-B at 3.10pm today local time!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6224[/ATTACH]
                            Fantastic!

Comment

• Air New Zealand's next A320 had its first flight on 8 Jul 2015 http://xfw-spotter.blogspot.co.nz/20...f-wwix-zk.html

Comment

• I guess Bali is still closed! This flight took off a 3.30am, delayed by 11 hours no doubt by the decision making process and ended up having to turn back anyway.

ANZ245.jpg
                                Michael
                                Palmerston North,
                                New Zealand
                                ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X