No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did a city fly over at about 5000 before a right join over Rolleston.

Pics pending :P

Missed the water arch trying to beat it to the park, only to find it went to a gate
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Watched it from the house - I'd forgotten how short it looks!
      369C8599.jpg
      369C8610.jpg

Comment

• Stumpy is the name of the game!

IMG_6597-2.jpgIMG_6588-2.jpg
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Am I correct in thinking that ZK-MVD has had Adsb switched on over the weekend???

Comment

• Looks to be, the unknown status appears to have stopped in the last few days and actually has usable data

Comment

• Hrm.

Registration Last Contact Altitude Callsign
              N412MC 16-06-2015 01:22 39975 GTI5410

Comment

• Given the news about the AirNZ maintenance changes in Auckland, can anyone fill me in on what work is done in Christchurch ? My son recently went on a school trip to a hangar (most probably the one at the north end of Orchard Rd) and says he saw four planes inside, one with seats removed. I know there is the Engine Centre, which appears to handle A319 & A320 engines, so does that indicate an emphasis on the domestic & short haul jets ? Are the full set of A/B/C/D checks carried out ?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlatEarth View Post
                  Given the news about the AirNZ maintenance changes in Auckland, can anyone fill me in on what work is done in Christchurch ? My son recently went on a school trip to a hangar (most probably the one at the north end of Orchard Rd) and says he saw four planes inside, one with seats removed. I know there is the Engine Centre, which appears to handle A319 & A320 engines, so does that indicate an emphasis on the domestic & short haul jets ? Are the full set of A/B/C/D checks carried out ?
                  Yeah domestics here. Widebody is effected. 76/77/78s going off shore which are Akl done

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    Hrm.

Registration Last Contact Altitude Callsign
                    N412MC 16-06-2015 01:22 39975 GTI5410
                    Atlas Air doing a drug run to Melbourne

Comment

• Here's a new ATR for AirNZ, at the Paris airshow (from twitter)
                      CHmmwuNUAAAECvk.jpg

Comment

• Well well well.

Jetstar plans to start flights to new regional destinations later this year in what will be a major shake-up for domestic air travel.

Some new trackable dash8/Q300s headed to our shores.

Comment

Well well well.

Jetstar plans to start flights to new regional destinations later this year in what will be a major shake-up for domestic air travel.

Some new trackable dash8/Q300s headed to our shores.
                          This will give our national carrier a bit of a shake up on regional airfare pricing

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                            This will give our national carrier a bit of a shake up on regional airfare pricing
                            Had a quick look this afternoon at some Eastern Australian Airlines Q300s flying around and they were all MLAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                              Had a quick look this afternoon at some Eastern Australian Airlines Q300s flying around and they were all MLAT.
                              Poo. Stand corrected. Thought most the qf fleet were sorted

Comment

Poo. Stand corrected. Thought most the qf fleet were sorted
                                Only the Qantas Q400s are presently having ADS-B fitted - and there are only 7 of 31 done so far. According to other forums the intention has been to get rid of the Q200s and Q300s before early 2017 when it will mandatory for ADS-B to be fitted to every IFR equipped aircraft flying in Oz. No doubt there are other economic and operational reasons to look at quitting these types but nevertheless ADS-B retro-installation is not cheap so it would be a factor. Not sure what the ADS-B schedule is in NZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X