New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
    Welcome to the forum, we are all here to help each other. I have been having a fiddle with some other tracking software and have also found that there is a slight difference in aircraft tracked.
    Have also noted in the Receiver list that when looking in the Auckland region to also look under NZAR & NZMB. I add receivers to the list as they pop up on FR24 Website.
    Thanks for the welcome Westone. Yeah, it looks like you added me to the list in the NZMB section which I didn't notice. Just thought I'd append myself to the NZAA lot. I have since edited it and removed my entry while your entry remains under NZMB. Thanks mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
      Welcome lord farringdon, as I've previously mentioned about MLAT down to 1000 feet is awesome, it makes me jealous of that city the rest of the country call a funny name related to a red lolly you roll down a steep street in Dunedin.
      Thanks for the welcome nzfatmatt.. LOL...I think you're trying to say "Just Another Fantastically Friendly Aucklander"

You are probably resposnsbile for this too

AklErthqke.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by lord farringdon View Post
        Thanks for the welcome Westone. Yeah, it looks like you added me to the list in the NZMB section which I didn't notice. Just thought I'd append myself to the NZAA lot. I have since edited it and removed my entry while your entry remains under NZMB. Thanks mate.
        Will add your details as you added them, but in NZMB section

Comment

• Originally posted by delcomp View Post
          lord farringdon.

Terry
          This is my F- Reciever
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]6115[/ATTACH]

Range rings,. set at 25 S-miles
          The higher the antenne, The better results,. even without an Amplifier.

144 aircraft,. thats both ADS-B and ModeS ,. The ModeS requires 4
          Recievers on the same aircraft to shown on flightradar24..(MLAT)

The FR24 Reciever is very easy to connect,. When you have a Router,..
          As you use the Ethernet connected to the router,,.and dosnt need any software on your computer.

Could do with an F- Reciever at Kaiwaka. Nothing against you Terry,.. But to Increase FR24
          coverage on the North Island..

Id like to watch a DH8 from AKL to WRE

Yeah, the coverage seems pretty light further North. On Flightaware I am currently covering Helicopter Ambulance transfers from WRE to Auckland Hospital transiting at 4000 feet but this is an ADS-B equipped aircraft. I have no idea if my F-receiver is doing the same? Would an F-Receiver located at Kaiwaka be enough to enable MLAT for those AKL-WRE DH8 non-equipped flights?

Terry

Comment

Yeah, the coverage seems pretty light further North. On Flightaware I am currently covering Helicopter Ambulance transfers from WRE to Auckland Hospital transiting at 4000 feet but this is an ADS-B equipped aircraft. I have no idea if my F-receiver is doing the same? Would an F-Receiver located at Kaiwaka be enough to enable MLAT for those AKL-WRE DH8 non-equipped flights?

Terry
            Hi Terry again,... Firstly,. Flightaware is a Simulated/realtime site now,. And as I said before, it take 4 F-recievers on the same aircraft for MLAT..
            We do really need more F-(FR24) recievers on North Island,.. And one at Kaiwaka,. would breach between you and WRE. Also the other F-Recievers
            at AKL,.. could well possibly have the range to create MLAT.( But,.. It must be with a FR24 Recieve, As Dongles and sticks, dont have the GPS ) But the boss,..
            is working on the possibliatly of creating MLAT with 3 FR24 Recievers.
            I can also be contacted,. In the English flightradar24 Chat-room.
            (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
            1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
              Radar Location list updated info

Have decided that it would be easier to use google docs, so everyone can update entries and add columns as needed. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Westone, I have just had my radar ident changed from F-NZMB2 to F-NZPI1 to place my site a little more geographically correctly. Would you like to re-enter it under Auckland sites or under a separate NZPI section?

Comment

Westone, I have just had my radar ident changed from F-NZMB2 to F-NZPI1 to place my site a little more geographically correctly. Would you like to re-enter it under Auckland sites or under a separate NZPI section?
                I'll leave it to Westone but my thought would be to keep them separate and for the greater Auckland area of AA, AR, MB, PI to have notes at the bottom like Auckaland.

I have just started playing around with a Google Map of receiver locations. My current plan is to locate the points on the suburb (where google says it is) if people have supplied that, otherwise I will locate them at the airport. And if people want to be less vague than an airport but not a suburb they can be put them there. I'll post the map when I have actually completed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                  Well, if somebody is really keen, they could target amateur radio operators or maybe even more suitable amatuer weather station operatorss. They are well organised and as for the weather people, they already hook up to and share data via internet.
                  NZ weather amatuers can be found here: http://www.localweather.net.nz/smf/n...ather-network/
                  Of course the location has to be right and there are other parameters to consider, but if you really wanted to make an effort, that could be the people to contact.
                  I have had a look at that site, plus Wunderground and will have a look at saying hello on the forum. I have been talking to someone in Wellington who has a potential radio site on a hill and have a couple of other places I will try and touch base with to see if they are interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                    I have had a look at that site, plus Wunderground and will have a look at saying hello on the forum. I have been talking to someone in Wellington who has a potential radio site on a hill and have a couple of other places I will try and touch base with to see if they are interested.
                    Keep up the good work and hope there is success in getting some to apply the FR24 kit.

Comment

• China Airlines CI53 heading to CHC after missing AKL due to weather in AKL.

Comment

• F-NZDN3 getting better range than I expected, 174nm so far the best distance and tracking the a320 as far north as Lake Ellesmere tonight and an ATR to Edendale in the south. Considering being in the Taieri valley surrounded by hills.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzdn1 View Post
                          F-NZDN3 getting better range than I expected, 174nm so far the best distance and tracking the a320 as far north as Lake Ellesmere tonight and an ATR to Edendale in the south. Considering being in the Taieri valley surrounded by hills.
                          Good stuff NZDN1. I had some pretty good ranges one time and noted it was along a route that was parallel with a heavy weather front. Radio waves apparently 'duct' in this environment and I understand amateur hams use this type of ducting propagation to get better ranges. You certainly have some bad weather going on down there at the moment. I hope your not flooded out. Keep safe.

Cheers
                          Last edited by lord farringdon; 2015-06-03, 09:09. Reason: grammar,spelling

Comment

• So F-????? is a Flightradar24 rxr. So what is T-????? and are there any more codes? What does T-MLAT3 mean? Does that indicate multilateration from 3 FR24 rxr's?

Comment

So F-????? is a Flightradar24 rxr. So what is T-????? and are there any more codes? What does T-MLAT3 mean? Does that indicate multilateration from 3 FR24 rxr's?
                              Yes, Non FR24 equipment providing data, and yes (well, 4 boxes. But the -3 is australasia region. Each region has its own MLAT cluster doing calculations)
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• T-xxxxx is a privately owned receiver sending a data feed to FR24.com. The receiver could be a Kinetics SBS-3, RTL Dongle (I'm waiting for it.....!) or any other ADS-B receiver.

T-MLAT is the multi-lateration (just google it if you aren't sure) network of Mode-S messages (no positions) from FR24 receivers that can be triangulated to give a position of something like an Air Nelson Q400 that doesn't have ADS-B but does have a Mode-S transponder.
                                Michael
                                Palmerston North,
                                New Zealand
                                ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X