No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My range is rather low 40 - 60nm o most days, I get the odd 140nm when a Sydney to Santiago flight passes south of my place. I am limited in range by being at sea level and surrounded by hills. I wish there is a way to increase my range

Comment

• Noticed a French? registered ATR (3A344B FONCL) wandering around Banks pen . Wonder if anyone has an info on this? French pilot too by the sounds I am hearing.
      Last edited by Petenz; 2015-05-21, 00:29. Reason: further info

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
        Noticed a French? registered ATR (3A344B FONCL) wandering around Banks pen . Wonder if anyone has an info on this? French pilot too by the sounds I am hearing.
        Air Caledonie atr
        Has been here since April 29th, for maintainence, test fight before returning home ?

Comment

• ^^ affirmative.

And the crown price of Dubai has just departed by the looks after a weekend in Queenstown
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

And the crown price of Dubai has just departed by the looks after a weekend in Queenstown
            Both Dubai Air Wing aircraft have departed for Sydney

Comment

• New FR24 receiver in Takaka. F-NZTK1

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                New FR24 receiver in Takaka. F-NZTK1
                Looks like the Australian range has got a bit better.

It will be interesting to see if MLAT gets any better.

Comment

• FNZTK1.jpg

Impressive range from F-NZTK1. Picking up both of these flight AKL-SYD

Comment

• Radar Location list updated info

Have decided that it would be easier to use google docs, so everyone can update entries and add columns as needed. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
                    Last edited by Westone; 2015-05-25, 00:35.

Comment

• I'm about to become an "F" radar again after being out in the wilderness for nearly a year! The receiver is sitting at the couriers waiting for me to present my credentials this afternoon so it will be interesting to see if I get F-NZPM2 again or F-NZPM3, hopefully the former. It should be up and running tonight either way but more likely see the radar tomorrow on FR24.com.
                      Michael
                      Palmerston North,
                      New Zealand
                      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                        I'm about to become an "F" radar again after being out in the wilderness for nearly a year! The receiver is sitting at the couriers waiting for me to present my credentials this afternoon so it will be interesting to see if I get F-NZPM2 again or F-NZPM3, hopefully the former. It should be up and running tonight either way but more likely see the radar tomorrow on FR24.com.
                        Welcome back... Most likely NZPM3 I think but should be able to liaise with FR24 support.

It is good news for MLAT around your neck of the woods too. I wonder what FR24 did to address your concern of interference from the power supply to your HF monitoring?

Comment

• Thanks NBR, most of the interference reconciliation has been on my part, new filters for the HF receiver, in fact new HF receiver, new power runs in the garage and some general tidying up of cables. The results will be interesting if it's not too cold out in the garage tonight! Hopefully the power supply provided will be either a quiet switching sort or a linear.
                          Michael
                          Palmerston North,
                          New Zealand
                          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Thanks NBR, most of the interference reconciliation has been on my part, new filters for the HF receiver, in fact new HF receiver, new power runs in the garage and some general tidying up of cables. The results will be interesting if it's not too cold out in the garage tonight! Hopefully the power supply provided will be either a quiet switching sort or a linear.
                            Fingers crossed all works according to plan! New HF receiver? Wow...

Comment

• Well she's up and running and not much sign of interference so fingers uncrossed. Have emailed FR Support so will wait to hear on my fate! Currently 2.6 degrees celsius and dropping!
                              Michael
                              Palmerston North,
                              New Zealand
                              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Well she's up and running and not much sign of interference so fingers uncrossed. Have emailed FR Support so will wait to hear on my fate! Currently 2.6 degrees celsius and dropping!
                                That's some dedication. Cold beats my one hour or so from receiving package until running.

Hopefully you've sorted all interference. It will be interesting to see MLAT again in this region and whether the new receivers since you've been offline make a difference. It's definitely been very patchy.

Comment

Working...
                                X