New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Templeton View Post
    Flew over the house about 10 minutes ago using callsign ROYAL01...
    Yeah it was bit of an odd one.

They flew em to the islands on those, but with a few chartered ANZ, couple of KingAir B200s and the NH90 it was quite the lottery

Callsign is the dead giveaway however.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• RNZAF P3 Orion operating in Malaysia Callsign Ginger

P3 Orion RNZAF.jpg

Comment

• I notice there is T-NZDN6 is online. Is there any links that has the full coverage of NZ feeders?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bilstein View Post
          I notice there is T-NZDN6 is online. Is there any links that has the full coverage of NZ feeders?
          Westone has a list. I have a list but I haven't touched it in a couple of months.

There's nothing online to my knowledge. One way would be to have a Google doc that we can work on, noting if they have recently been seen.

I started my list out of interest what's around and where receivers aren't.

Also note that the number of T-NZ feeders isn't representative of what's in an area, as people sometimes stuff up and end up going through a few radar codes.

Comment

• Several people have been asking about a list of receivers here in New Zealand. Below is a link to the list of receivers that I have collected from the Flightradar24 website for us here in New Zealand over the past six months.
            For the bigger cities I have listed the area in that city if it is known. If you have any correction/alteration please e-mail (address on bottom of list)
            Hope this link works as I have not done this sort of thing before. Have used dropbox, but is someone thinks that google would be better let me know
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/x66w4gq7e9...aland.pdf?dl=0

Have also now put it in google docshttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
            Last edited by Westone; 2015-05-24, 23:35. Reason: Added Google docs link

Comment

• F-NZDN3 is on line. I'm finally up and running with an FR24 supplied receiver based at Dunedin International airport now getting coverage right down to the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                Several people have been asking about a list of receivers here in New Zealand. Below is a link to the list of receivers that I have collected from the Flightradar24 website for us here in New Zealand over the past six months.
                For the bigger cities I have listed the area in that city if it is known. If you have any correction/alteration please e-mail (address on bottom of list)
                Hope this link works as I have not done this sort of thing before. Have used dropbox, but is someone thinks that google would be better let me know
                https://www.dropbox.com/s/x66w4gq7e9...aland.pdf?dl=0
                Cheers Westone, Much appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by nzdn1 View Post
                  F-NZDN3 is on line. I'm finally up and running with an FR24 supplied receiver based at Dunedin International airport now getting coverage right down to the ground.
                  Welcome to the FR24 family

Comment

• The observant will have just noticed B747 DUB(ai)1 A6-HRM drop into NZCH to join sister B738 BBJ A6-MRS
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Seems to be a trend here, with A6-HMS A320 earlier last week.
                      Michael
                      Palmerston North,
                      New Zealand
                      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Yeah, I have to wonder if they buying something large, or hunting trip.

CAL have just announced full summer season schedule to christchurch next year too.

Comment

• It appears that A6-MRS, is on the shuttle run between NZCH-NZQN today. Been twice already.

Comment

It appears that A6-MRS, is on the shuttle run between NZCH-NZQN today. Been twice already.
                            Bit short for a 747 down there

But yep, be a bit of entourage it seems. Was straight off and onto the B73 by looks of pics on the ground

Comment

• If you have the beast receiver what sort of range are you getting please?

Comment

If you have the beast receiver what sort of range are you getting please?
                                My normal solid reach is 150-170nm. With lesser hits further out to 220

But my antenna isn't as high as it could be (ground pole based) and on the eastern side of the roof. Even still, paired with the DPD I get to ~180-200 ft (sometimes lower) to the deck.

Comment

Working...
                                X