No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see that there is a FR24 receiver F-NZMB1 (Mechanics Bay Heliport) online now. Also F-NZTU3 is popping up a bit now as well. All good!!!

Comment

• It's doing it again, VH-FKO is flying up over Cook Strait and I don't see it!! I'm now thinking it is the RTL dongle and or software? Is there anyone else using a dongle that doesn't see this airframe's hex code? I'm using different software than last time I reported this so it may just be the hardware, but why would it exclude a particular hex code, it's a standard Australian issued code. Just don't know!
      Last edited by nzradar; 2015-01-31, 21:09. Reason: Wrong reggo
      Michael
      Palmerston North,
      New Zealand
      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Does our FR24 receivers pick up and send MLAT data? Why I ask, an ATR flew overhead a few minutes ago, it wasn't showing up on the website, nor was my FR24 ADs-B was showing any indication of picking up a signal. However, when I checked the log and scrolled to the latest entries, here is what it was showing...

2015-02-01 04:42:12 | [mlat][i]Connecting to udp://mlat-3.fr24.com:19788...OK
        2015-02-01 04:42:12 | [mlat][i]Timebase is GPS
        2015-02-01 04:42:12 | [mlat][i]Registering MLAT station...[feed][i]sent 1 planes in 1 packets
        2015-02-01 04:42:12 | [feed][n]pinging the server

Comment

• Originally posted by Bilstein View Post
          Does our FR24 receivers pick up and send MLAT data? Why I ask, an ATR flew overhead a few minutes ago, it wasn't showing up on the website, nor was my FR24 ADs-B was showing any indication of picking up a signal. However, when I checked the log and scrolled to the latest entries, here is what it was showing...

2015-02-01 04:42:12 | [mlat][i]Connecting to udp://mlat-3.fr24.com:19788...OK
          2015-02-01 04:42:12 | [mlat][i]Timebase is GPS
          2015-02-01 04:42:12 | [mlat][i]Registering MLAT station...[feed][i]sent 1 planes in 1 packets
          2015-02-01 04:42:12 | [feed][n]pinging the server
          Correct. Its the only way the MLAT aircraft show up via the F- receivers. When more than 3 of them get the same AC within range, the time difference and GPS locations of each receiver give the location.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
            It's doing it again, VH-FKO is flying up over Cook Strait and I don't see it!! I'm now thinking it is the RTL dongle and or software? Is there anyone else using a dongle that doesn't see this airframe's hex code? I'm using different software than last time I reported this so it may just be the hardware, but why would it exclude a particular hex code, it's a standard Australian issued code. Just don't know!
            Has it now got a New Zealand reg and/or hex code assigned to it? Although, it is still showing on the current CASA register here in oz

Regards,
            Gregg
            Last edited by fungus; 2015-02-01, 07:23.
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Nope. Still an aussie one, I and I see it travelling down the countryside happily.

Not being ignored as a bung message nzradar?
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• @Oblivian

Not that I can see. I've used ModesMixer2 and Dump1090 with the same result! Weird.
                Michael
                Palmerston North,
                New Zealand
                ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                  It's doing it again, VH-FKO is flying up over Cook Strait and I don't see it!! I'm now thinking it is the RTL dongle and or software?
                  It is going to be in NZ for three years (at least), doing charter work for Tauck Tours.
                  Alliance Airlines (QQ, Brisbane International) has signed a three year contract with Tauck Tours to operate a Fokker 50, VH-FKO (cn 20160), on flights connecting Wellington, Blenheim, Te Anau, Queenstown, Rotorua, and Auckland International. Tauck Tours is a US tour operator that specializes in group tours. The turboprop, which was recently spotted in Wellington, replaces CV-440s and CV-580s that were in the past sourced from local operator, Air Chathams (3C, Chatham Island).
                  Last edited by YSWG; 2015-02-01, 11:38.
                  F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• 0815 3/2/15 Am I seeing ZK-MVF diverting to NZCH while travelling from NZWN to NZQN? Must have had a reason, may be medical? Amusingly I can see Flight 409 in FlightAware continuing on, as estimated, towards Queenstown. Anyone know why the diversion?
                    Last edited by Petenz; 2015-02-02, 19:34. Reason: New info

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                      0815 3/2/15 Am I seeing ZK-MVF diverting to NZCH while travelling from NZWN to NZQN? Must have had a reason, may be medical? Amusingly I can see Flight 409 in FlightAware continuing on, as estimated, towards Queenstown.
                      Return flight has been cancelled, so would be a fault with the aircraft?!

Edit: Not sure what has happened as ZK-MVF now heading north as Flight 926 having departed CHC at 9.11am
                      Last edited by Westone; 2015-02-02, 20:34. Reason: update

Comment

• When an aircraft changes its rego from NZ to Australia, does it retain the same hex code?.

I believe that Virgin Australia ZK-PBA is now VH-VOO and the others are to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                          When an aircraft changes its rego from NZ to Australia, does it retain the same hex code?.

I believe that Virgin Australia ZK-PBA is now VH-VOO and the others are to follow.
                          Thats a good question, eventually I believe they get reprogrammed to have codes among the registered country range. The ex ANZ 73s out of here often left with the same reg/hex (or sometimes a new overseas HEX) but don't appear to be valid NZ ones now although still flying.

Appears accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                            When an aircraft changes its rego from NZ to Australia, does it retain the same hex code?
                            No it will receive an Australian 24-bit hexadecimal code and as part of the registration procedure the code will be changed in the avionics. I see ZK-PBA is no longer on the NZ register.
                            Michael
                            Palmerston North,
                            New Zealand
                            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Hi All,

Newbe here, have just set my unit up around 8pm tonight (6th Feb) I think it comes up as F-NZGM1 but not sure... Anyway I'm in Greymouth.

Jeffrey

Comment

• Hi Jeffrey, good to have you aboard, do you have a good view out to sea?
                                Michael
                                Palmerston North,
                                New Zealand
                                ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X