No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately, I don't have VRS, It wasn't my feed that picked up the aircraft in question, just a screen dump from Flightradar24 website. I have seen via FR24 website many "private jets" coming and going from Queenstown. It is the first time I have seen a "BLOCKED" description. I guess I am exposing that I am a "Newbie" to all this and still rather "green" to many aspects. I apologize if I post any stupid questions and/or observations. Thanks for your patience and understanding :-)

Comment

• Its all good.

BLOCKED means at the request of the owner/operator there has been an official request, and it is part of the BARR list. (perfectly acceptable)

General aviation security news and resources, including information on new and pending security regulations.

Was it about 720? I had a high overshoot of a US based Gulfstream G450
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        I
        Was it about 720? I had a high overshoot of a US based Gulfstream G450
        Yeah around about then, as by the time I did my screen dump, cropped it etc, it was 7.29 I posted it!

Comment

• Tauck is very nice company to use.
          It was rated world's best river cruise company
          Tauck's enriching guided tours, small ship cruises, river cruises and family travel take you to all seven continents.

Doing the Tauck river 15 day tour from Amsterdam to Budapest later this year. See how many aircraft I can log & upload doing the trip :-)
          Explore Austria, the Czech Republic, and Hungary. Experience Eastern Europe culture on Tauck's award winning guided tours of Austria - Book today!

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Tauck's enriching guided tours, small ship cruises, river cruises and family travel take you to all seven continents.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• VH-KWO Pilatus PC-12 has made its journey over to NZ. Likely to a kiwi owner. KWO use to be in the Royal Flying Doctor Service (WA) fleet until March 2014.
            F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
              VH-KWO Pilatus PC-12 has made its journey over to NZ. Likely to a kiwi owner. KWO use to be in the Royal Flying Doctor Service (WA) fleet until March 2014.
              YSWG,

Thanks for that info re VH-KWO. I had logged it yesterday and since it was still on my current copy of the CASA register I had written it up as RFDS. I'll correct my log next time I run my unit. Interesting that it is still on the register when it hasnt been operated since March 2014 as you've indicated. Guess it's just a matter of them selling it off and/or notifying CASA and the paperwork 'catching up' etc.

By the way, I hope you've caught some of the recent downpour we've been getting here in Sydney (and elsewhere). Be great for the farmers around your area.

Regards,
              Gregg
              Last edited by fungus; 2015-01-28, 20:44.
              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• VH-FKO seems to be very busy and is always popping up on my screen; NZRO/NZQN/NZAA is often the route or variations of.

Comment

• This is what we were hoping the eventual introduction of MLAT in NZ would produce

92-1095 inbound, who went down on the 20th

skier74.jpg
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    This is what we were hoping the eventual introduction of MLAT in NZ would produce

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5567[/ATTACH]
                    I noticed this last week, but it was only happening to one aircraft.

Comment

• This is what we were hoping the eventual introduction of MLAT in NZ would produce

Yes I did see the C130 approaching NZCH from deep South. Probably the Mlat is working better now that NZTU 2 has installed the FR24 box(looks like RadarCape in disguise) I decided against it as Temuka and Geraldine are too close to make a diff. I did help install the thing which included a foray into a filthy attic. The owner did the roof climb as I am against heights on principle.

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
                        YSWG,

Thanks for that info re VH-KWO. I had logged it yesterday and since it was still on my current copy of the CASA register I had written it up as RFDS. I'll correct my log next time I run my unit. Interesting that it is still on the register when it hasnt been operated since March 2014 as you've indicated. Guess it's just a matter of them selling it off and/or notifying CASA and the paperwork 'catching up' etc.

By the way, I hope you've caught some of the recent downpour we've been getting here in Sydney (and elsewhere). Be great for the farmers around your area.

Regards,
                        Gregg
                        Arriving into Auckland today was Sounds Air's new Pilatus PC-12 VH-KWO earmarked for the Wellington-Westport service. I'm really looking fo...

New west coast aircraft since ANZ pulling out

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                          Yes I did see the C130 approaching NZCH from deep South. Probably the Mlat is working better now that NZTU 2 has installed the FR24 box(looks like RadarCape in disguise) I decided against it as Temuka and Geraldine are too close to make a diff. I did help install the thing which included a foray into a filthy attic. The owner did the roof climb as I am against heights on principle.
                          Pete, what is the radar code for the FR24 box in Temuka? I started a list after Mike said that there were 26 in NZ. Only got to 23.

Edit:
                          Think I have just spotted him (F-NZTU3). Thought he may have been F-NZTU1. relocated as had not seen it much lately. Will add him to my list.
                          Last edited by Westone; 2015-01-30, 01:15.

Comment

• T-NZAA12 got an upgrade this week.

I made a collinear out of spare RG-6 (which I have plenty of). I bought a 1m length of 15mm white PVC pressure pipe, and a pair of end caps from bunnings. Drilled an 8.5mm hole in one end cap, and the F joiner screwed straight in. Then more RG-6 to my weather-proof box under the eave, where I have an F-MCX pigtail to my R820T on a RPi.
                            Antenna Pic

It's a noticeable improvement over my old antenna that had several meters of RG-179 feeding an R820T.

Next step (after I give it a week to see how much better the new antenna is) is to replace the R820T with an R820T2. I have another RPi running dump1090 on my desk - It had an FC00013 tuner with the collinear and saw about 20 planes a day. I swapped it out for the R820T2 and the 1090mhz.com antenna and now it sees 80. I doubt I'll see that much improvement over the R820T, but it still should have some improvment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt_R View Post
                              T-NZAA12 got an upgrade this week.

I made a collinear out of spare RG-6 (which I have plenty of). I bought a 1m length of 15mm white PVC pressure pipe, and a pair of end caps from bunnings. Drilled an 8.5mm hole in one end cap, and the F joiner screwed straight in. Then more RG-6 to my weather-proof box under the eave, where I have an F-MCX pigtail to my R820T on a RPi.
                              Antenna Pic

It's a noticeable improvement over my old antenna that had several meters of RG-179 feeding an R820T.

Next step (after I give it a week to see how much better the new antenna is) is to replace the R820T with an R820T2. I have another RPi running dump1090 on my desk - It had an FC00013 tuner with the collinear and saw about 20 planes a day. I swapped it out for the R820T2 and the 1090mhz.com antenna and now it sees 80. I doubt I'll see that much improvement over the R820T, but it still should have some improvment.
                              Matt,

Do you mind if I ask how many elements you've used for the antenna. I did very much the same with a colinear using RG-6 with 8 elements and the PVC conduit but haven't yet tried it externally. Inside it seems an absolute blinder and so I'm very pleased with it. One day I'm hoping to place it outside on the mast, however I'm currently using an SSJ1090 Mk2 on a 30' mast mounted on the ridge capping of the roof and it's probably going to take some beating.

Regards,
                              Gregg
                              Last edited by fungus; 2015-01-30, 05:46.
                              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Mine is 8 elements. Fits inside a 1m pipe with a bit to spare. The antenna mast is a hockey stick with 3 extension sections (pic of the old setup). I have a 4th but it'll need guy wires and I can't be bothered with that yet.

The top of collinear is a fair bit higher than the old antenna was - not difficult given that the old antenna is only about 20cm tall. With the taller antenna, I'm seeing over the top of the house up the hill to the south from me - I'm actually seeing south of AKL now, when I never did before.

Comment

Working...
                                X