No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That sure took another oddball route. Must have had to hug ETOps locations too
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Great having a feeder in Westport now.

Comment

• ZK-MVF is on its first revenue flight NM30 CHC-ROT

Comment

• Originally posted by coaster View Post
          Great having a feeder in Westport now.
          F-NZWS1 has some very good range out over the Tasman.

Comment

• Nice to welcome ZK-MVF to the deep south this arvo ... operated NZ5007/08 rotation

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              Not so much a pseudonym as the company whos currently got hold of it

Southern Cross Aviation do the deliveries/ferries for ANZ. So likely has a couple of pilots from them and an engineer

http://southernx.com/
              Close, but not quite correct Try Southern Cross International (SXI/Southern Cross) instead of Southern Cross Aviation (SXA/Ferry).

Originally posted by Petenz View Post
              Now looks as if SXI 1503 (ZK-MVF) is scheduled to leave BNE at 1700 AEST 20th Jan---Arrive Christchurch at 0158 NZDT ; that was some delay!
              Technical issues held things up.

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              That sure took another oddball route. Must have had to hug ETOps locations too
              ETOPS isn't required for this flight, as it operates under Part 91. A non-ETOPS crossing of the Tasman in an ATR isn't even possible.

Comment

• Hi!

Since a few days ALL 26 New Zealand hosted receivers are online and feeding data. This is pretty amazing..
                Thanks!

Olov

Comment

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
                  Hi!

Since a few days ALL 26 New Zealand hosted receivers are online and feeding data. This is pretty amazing..
                  Thanks!

Olov
                  I wondered how many feeders there are in New Zealand. Is there an actual database to show where we are all located and our call signs?

Comment

• OK, here's a weird one!

Fokker F27 VH-FKO flying around the country and this morning saw it on an Auckland-Wellington flight as UTY541:

uty541.jpg

What's weird is I haven't ever picked up this aircraft on Mode-S or ADS-B, my databases have no record of 7C1AC6.

One theory is is that the Mode-S transponder is pushing out a very weak signal but even at 40nm I would have thought well receivable from my QTH in Palmy (F-NZPM1 is not me)!
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                      OK, here's a weird one!

Fokker F27 VH-FKO flying around the country and this morning saw it on an Auckland-Wellington flight as UTY541:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5550[/ATTACH]

What's weird is I haven't ever picked up this aircraft on Mode-S or ADS-B, my databases have no record of 7C1AC6.

One theory is is that the Mode-S transponder is pushing out a very weak signal but even at 40nm I would have thought well receivable from my QTH in Palmy (F-NZPM1 is not me)!
                      I've seen it several times last week in and out of ZQN

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                        OK, here's a weird one!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5550[/ATTACH]

flightradar24scrrenshot270115.jpg

So who is this Aussie registered airline? It looks like it has departed from Te Anau!

Comment

• Bilstein,

Alliance Airlines, callsign 'Unity' (UTY) a charter company principley operating in Western Australia;

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Perhaps branching out to NZ or on charter? Or 3rdly, we are taking over NZ.

It's still on our current CASA register, so it doesn't look to be heading your way permanently that I can see.

Regards,
                          Gregg
                          Last edited by fungus; 2015-01-27, 06:15.
                          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Blocked.jpgblocked1.jpg

Military aircraft???

Comment

• Originally posted by Bilstein View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5554[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5555[/ATTACH]

Military aircraft???
                              Private jet more likely. Your local output should show it if you use VRS
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• FKO is doing the cruise ship charter 'gap fill' flights that The Convairs and Vincents BAe146 ZK-ECO use to do. But as that company is now defunct and aircraft parked up, the F50 has hopped over to fill the gap.

To squeeze as much as they can in it seems they use it to hop them to the major ports for adventure tourism. Nelson, Sounds, Queenstown etc.

Tauck's enriching guided tours, small ship cruises, river cruises and family travel take you to all seven continents.

The Fokker name is synonomous with NZ aviation with the F27 Friendship being a part of the country's history for nigh on fifty years. The F...

Sad news for Air Chats... Crossing the Tasman next month is Alliance Airlines' Fokker 50 VH-FKO which will be used to fly tourists around N...

Comment

Working...
                                X