No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at the FR24 websites for a while today. I beleive that with the return of BPO (NZUK1) that the mlat coverage in the South Is has improved greatly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
      Looking at the FR24 websites for a while today. I beleive that with the return of BPO (NZUK1) that the mlat coverage in the South Is has improved greatly.
      Can't remember if it was MLAT traffic or not, but I watched a G650 fly from Queenstown to Wellington a few days ago. Pretty sure I know who that was!

Comment

• flightradar24scrrenshot3.jpg Excuse my ignorance, but I am still a little confused on how FR24 truely works, My radar picked up the Flight ANZ673 (Auckland -Dunedin) from about Hampden (North Otago) which is 33nm from here, yet 4 hours later, my stats say that my maximum distance is 23nm! Also when following a flight, obviously there are several receivers picking up and feeding the data to FR24, I notice that it changes for example F-NZCH1 to F-NZTU2 to T-NZDN3 to F-NZTU2 etc, I briefly saw my call sign (F-NZDN2) when the Airbus was flying over the Waipori Gorge. Also in this screen dump, notice the variation of flight around Waikouaititi!

Comment

• I too have found that distance is never the same between stats and VRS.. F-NZTU2 usually losses flights to/from Dunedin between 9000 - 9500 ft, then someone elses radar takes over. You never know which radar is going to pop up. It is good with all the overlapping that is now happening
          Last edited by Westone; 2015-01-03, 07:21.

Comment

• Have seen F-NZDN2 and F-NZTU2 showing up a lot. Sometimes I wonder if people see different radar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
              Looking at the FR24 websites for a while today. I beleive that with the return of BPO (NZUK1) that the mlat coverage in the South Is has improved greatly.
              Yep. Lots of lower level MLAT stuff around the south of CHC and further north now. Use to be a small block to the north from about woodend to short of kaikoura but has since extended to a bigger chunk.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Something to look out for next month also.

China Southern for the 2nd consecutive year is operating Guangzhou – Christchurch charter service during Chinese New Year, with Boeing 787-8 aircraft. The airline plans to operate the flight from Guangzhou on 14FEB15, 20FEB15 and 26FEB15.

CZ8507 CAN1600 – 0810+1CHC 787
                CZ8508 CHC1040 – 1730CAN 787
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  Yep. Lots of lower level MLAT stuff around the south of CHC and further north now. Use to be a small block to the north from about woodend to short of kaikoura but has since extended to a bigger chunk.
                  This is good, as I now know what aircraft is flying past my kitchen window on the way to Queenstown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    Something to look out for next month also.

China Southern for the 2nd consecutive year is operating Guangzhou – Christchurch charter service during Chinese New Year, with Boeing 787-8 aircraft. The airline plans to operate the flight from Guangzhou on 14FEB15, 20FEB15 and 26FEB15.

CZ8507 CAN1600 – 0810+1CHC 787
                    CZ8508 CHC1040 – 1730CAN 787
                    Thanks for the heads up about this. Might have to go for a look on the20th Feb

Comment

• FR24screenshot04012015.jpg I think this flight NM372 from Christchurch to Rotorua is slightly off course!

Comment

• Just a tad!

Comment

• A bit like the LAN flight last night. Was heading towards the Chatham Is from AKL then went hypersonic to over Cook strait.
                          Last edited by Westone; 2015-01-03, 21:43.

Comment

• Its a 2 leg flight. ZQN-CHC-ROT

The new back end doesn't allow intermediate locations to be shown. It's normal

The LAN flights are not, they are known to dance all over the place. Only 2 or 3 particular A340s that do it.

Comment

• It appears ZK-OJH (NZ837 ZQN-MEL) has a problem of some sort. Was on way to MEL, then headed to CHC, where it has been doing some sight seeing around Banks peninsula, but now heading north??

Comment

• It looks very bizarre alright, I am sure there is a logical explanation, but still looks bizarre!

diverted to Auckland.... I wonder what the interest was around Banks Peninsula?? http://www.flightradar24.com/data/fl...nz837/#530e019
                                Last edited by Bilstein; 2015-01-04, 08:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X