No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we now on completely new station codes? I appear to be have changed from Pv to a1 . One of my friends said this morning that he couldn't even start his version of PP . Perhaps a completely new download over the old program indicated ?

Comment

• looks like PlanePlotter is 'down' again! Must have been 'hacked'.

Comment

• It would pay for you to sign up to the message mailer system on yahoo. Server died, and has had to be rebuilt. Databases of sharers is corrupt and some may not be recovered.

Which then lead to too many people re authenticating and using up all the share codes available.

Once complete it'll be normal but some share codes different to original. Not a lot can be done.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          It would pay for you to sign up to the message mailer system on yahoo. Server died, and has had to be rebuilt. Databases of sharers is corrupt and some may not be recovered.

Which then lead to too many people re authenticating and using up all the share codes available.

Once complete it'll be normal but some share codes different to original. Not a lot can be done.
          This is where running virtual servers for such things is a boon.

There is no need to export data and configurations for backup purposes and having to rebuild the server from bare metal ... in the crudest form you shutdown the server and copy the virtual hard disks, if using a proper backup method create a point in time snapshot and back that up. To restore recreate the virtual environment and restore the copy of the virtual hard disk.

Comment

• Like many my authentication has decided to fail to be authenticated. And the server to do so is down or being put offline on purpose. Latest is 'do nothing until further notice'. Bit late, I already restarted and its given me a diff share code :/

Hopefully they will get a recovery of sorts done. After I went to W7 they managed to re-assign ft back to me
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I also had the problem of Invalid Authentication code, blah blah... ended up running the reg.fix file, then reinstalling the app to try and fix it, got a new code, cant see any shared data. Went into the yahoo groups and discovered what was going on, then just stopped my PP. Wasting resources on a thing that is not working, will try again in a few days time.
              Why they still run a discussion group via email, is beyond me, as its not really the most effective way to communicate "live" happenings and discussions. And seemingly a single server running the whole show, really like in 1980's way of thinking.
              But all the best to them in getting things to work again. Hopefully some lessons learnt from the painful experience.

Comment

• True to the word, my normal code and sharing has resumed.

Comment

• With the recent arrival of a Fr24 receiver in Rotorua, I see there is increased mlat coverage on Fr24 website/app for the North Is. All good

Comment

• 12.30 this morning a very close approach by VH-MHX to Flight JST 259 was witnessed . Both acft were at 1600/1700 feet and very very close while the Jetstar was on final and the CRJ2 was pointed at it, but made two very abrupt turns to miss the Jetstar and get onto Finals. A few succinct comments from Control ! I have never seen planes quite as close, especially as both have adsb and were thus aware of each other. I had zoomed in very closely to watch the CRJ2 so was surprised to see this close manoevering.

Comment

• Its not a CRJ anymore. its a DA42 next gen tester.

I just went and got pics

Comment

• If as you say it is a DA42 probably being quite a lot slower and more manoeverable than the larger the CRJ2 , then not a worry.It must be a new rego:--Here are the Australian aviation rego search results for 'VH-VMX'.
                        The aircraft registration database was last refreshed from the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) on 11/Nov/2014. And it is a DA42 now. I did think it was flying very slow for a jet doing low alt rate 4 turns ---128 Knots
                        Last edited by Petenz; 2014-11-14, 00:28.

Comment

• Yep. I posted the update change to the dbase thread when I heard it was heading south

IMG_5668.jpg

Comment

• Good pic, taken, it looks like, just off the runway; you must work at the airport.

Comment

• Nope, thats an old decomissioned emergency gate over the far side toward the aero club

Comment

• Amazing what a long lens can do...

Comment

Working...
                                X