No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried posting a link that didn't work of the unusual track of Qf172 Wellington-Melbourne on Friday, it flew inland of Mt Taranaki up to nearly opposite Hamilton before heading into the Tasman,Anyone one else see this?, Would it be catching favourable winds?

Comment

• Hi dayg, yes I can confirm that the track took that departure route, see here.
      Michael
      Palmerston North,
      New Zealand
      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• This last batch of google loons has been... odd. Disappear after launch. Only to pop up at a great hight past the coast.

Seeing in my uploader Removed 1 of xx AC, Wonder if the new uploader is now and again ignoring them
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Once they are above 3000m at lake Tekapo I normally track them all the way out to the east. But yes, they disappeared for a while from my radar too.
          I could only guess that they switch of the transmission maybe? Or maybe they changed the antenna?

Comment

• Can visually see it here

loongap.jpg
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• What software are users of the FR24 receivers using on there PC to monitor output.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                What software are users of the FR24 receivers using on there PC to monitor output.
                Generally Virtual Radar Server (http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/) if you want live own-range output.

It taps onto the data output port. You may need to find the IP the feeder has picked up from your router.

Comment

• Thanks, Oblivian

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                    What software are users of the FR24 receivers using on there PC to monitor output.
                    Likewise I use VRS mostly but have the options of PlanePlotter, Basestation and Globe-S, the two latter ones I run via ModeSMixer on a spare RaspberryPi.

If you don't want to keep figuring out what the IP address is you then want to maintain a fixed IP for the FR24 receiver, you can set that by entering the current IP address into your browser and then going into the Network Configuration menu down the bottom, and tick Force Static IP address and give it one from your pool. That way your VRS will connect each time instead of you having to find what IP address your routers DHCP server has assigned. It took me a few weeks to find that gem but works great now.
                    Last edited by nzradar; 2014-09-01, 20:41. Reason: Oops, forgot something
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Quite a lot of activity installing new avionics at ANZ Nelson workshop. I am wondering if the ATR fleet or perhaps the Dash 8 are getting fitted with ADS-B. I am hopeful anyway, as I am still baffled by the strange decision to turn off the ADS-B on the new ATR's due to certification by OEM's.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                        Likewise I use VRS mostly but have the options of PlanePlotter, Basestation and Globe-S, the two latter ones I run via ModeSMixer on a spare RaspberryPi.

If you don't want to keep figuring out what the IP address is you then want to maintain a fixed IP for the FR24 receiver, you can set that by entering the current IP address into your browser and then going into the Network Configuration menu down the bottom, and tick Force Static IP address and give it one from your pool. That way your VRS will connect each time instead of you having to find what IP address your routers DHCP server has assigned. It took me a few weeks to find that gem but works great now.
                        nzradar, thanks for that little "gem". Exciting times ahead I think. The FR24 box arrived in the post this morning, hope to have up and going by the weekend.

Comment

• Loons are back for another pass

Comment

• @Oblivian mate, I see your site has been down since about 1.30am this morning
                            Michael
                            Palmerston North,
                            New Zealand
                            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Aw poo is it.

Using the new FR24 feed -> PP -> java capture. And for some reason fr24feed likes to reset now and then which causes the java connection to fail.

I'll remote in on the phone.

/edit

Fixed. Smallest RDP session screen ever
                              Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-09-02, 02:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                                I'll remote in on the phone.

Fixed. Smallest RDP session screen ever
                                Yeah I like the smartphone option, anytime anywhere "sudo reboot"!!
                                Michael
                                Palmerston North,
                                New Zealand
                                ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X