No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats interesting, you don't see the Kabka crossings or wellington approach, yet from ground, I do
    My problem there is hilly ground and too close to Four Peaks, but I have unobstructed views to the SE and E . Because of this I have a very high mast the top of which is probably in the vicinity of being at 700' amsl. If I was 500 yards further north I would see a lot further NW,N, and NE. NZTU2 (Fo) in Temuka can see well past Kabka and much further due north too.
    Looking at getting an AIS receiver and keeping an eye on local shipping.

Comment

• Petenz

Have you tried http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/
      (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
      1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
        My problem there is hilly ground and too close to Four Peaks, but I have unobstructed views to the SE and E . Because of this I have a very high mast the top of which is probably in the vicinity of being at 700' amsl. If I was 500 yards further north I would see a lot further NW,N, and NE. NZTU2 (Fo) in Temuka can see well past Kabka and much further due north too.
        Looking at getting an AIS receiver and keeping an eye on local shipping.
        do a google for
        Raspberry PI AIS

Uses much the same hardware as we use for ADSB - just different software and antenna

Comment

• many thanks Peterhr ; I am looking at this at present http://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-tutor...ship-tracking/

Comment

• Wonder where ft , our Super Moderater has gone . Can't seem to get any Mlats today.

Comment

• Uh oh, really? Poop. Ill have to check status when I get home but that's not until about 8. Had new carpet laid at home so had to move cables for them to work around, may have dropped off. I've been abusing the laptop with some webserver/CMS testing. There is one of 3 chances here

A, PC has been unplugged
              B, I've managed to reset the send/rec buttons the other night when I was playing to de-select a loon
              C, (the more likely) its run out of resources and PP is sitting there crashed.

At least that tells me being a sector master works
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Actually, remembered I had my tablet so could remote into it.

Heh, option B. Somehow managed to turn off send/rec. Should be away now
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Yes ft you are back I see .

Comment

• Some of our Google Balloons show up in South America:

HBALL_SA.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Eule View Post
                      Some of our Google Balloons show up in South America:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4346[/ATTACH]
                      ¿Qué es eso? todavía yo lo puedo ver en Flightradar.: Eek:

Comment

• Originally posted by JCALDERON View Post
                        ¿Qué es eso? todavía yo lo puedo ver en Flightradar.: Eek:
                        Hi
                        They are high altitude balloons from the Google Loon project to one day provide internet:

http://www.google.co.nz/loon/

Comment

• SQC 747 is approaching Christchurch from Auckland at 10.00 AM. Very unusual .

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                            SQC 747 is approaching Christchurch from Auckland at 10.00 AM. Very unusual .
                            Sources advise me it is a freight charter ex CHC to asia after offload of regular to akl

Comment

• And in other news.

787-900 ZK-NZE due in Auckland /next week/ Not sure at this stage if direct or a gas-up in the middle somewhere to conform to the yet to be extended? etops.
                              Air New Zealand’s first 787 Dreamliner touches down next week. Grant Bradley reports on the airline’s high hopes for its revolutionary new plane.

And in even smarter news..
                              Air New Zealand passengers will now be able to use their handheld portable electronic devices in flight mode for the entire duration of their journey.
                              Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-07-04, 03:12.

Comment

• My thoughts are that there will be no requirement for a tech stop since these craft are going to be flying long haul with passengers and freight and the empty state of the aircraft on delivery will ensure sufficient fuel to be loaded for a 12 hour haul. I can't wait to see it on NZ soil, it's been a long time coming. I'll be monitoring HFDL and voice for some advanced notice on Sunday evening.
                                Michael
                                Palmerston North,
                                New Zealand
                                ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X