X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most certainly a bizjet Have a pic of it on the deck here

DBase is behind.

It was only delivered with the new reg/aircraft last month
    Gulfstream Aerospace GV-SP (G550) GLF5 5458 L2J A00187 Wells Fargo Bank Northwest NA Trustee 2013 2014-05-19
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• It must be new as it has ADS-B on board.

Comment

• I've run another activity analysis after the ADS-B on the three ATRs was switched off (ZK-MVC is still OK) and it has reduced ADS-B traffic received here from 46% to 38% for all aircraft (2013: 33%) and for just Air NZ, from 40% to 28% (2013: 22%).

Comment

• http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation...s-fewer-delays This is old news , but recent loss of the ADS-B on the AT 76's does make me a little cynical about the pace of the changes.
          Last edited by Petenz; 2014-06-16, 21:36. Reason: Bad English

Comment

• Sounds like the changes they made in AKL and some of the overseas ports. Throw in a couple of extra corridors and start relying on onboard avoidance and ADSB to rack n stack the aircraft more efficiently. Where instead of holding and following each other on the same track they can adjust the speeds and shoot them in from all directions keeping the same spacing on the deck

/edit and the FAA explain it better

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• As to this certification; as far as this station is concerned the accuracy of the AT76 on board ADS-B is spot on. Why this long wait for certification when the accuracy was amply demonstrated in the several months previously. After all we still have the old radar operating with ATC as backup. Sounds like beauracracy blundering in again.

Comment

• This time the Google balloons seem to be over Canterbury again:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• I am actually tracking 4 while flightradar24 is only showing 3.
                  Heights are still wrongly reported.

Comment

• One of the Google balloons came down off the CHC coast. http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/cras...alloon-6008603

Comment

• Yes, I saw that one coming down in my radar:
                      Screenshot 2014-06-20 11.14.59.jpg

Comment

• Holy heck. Check the real altitudes.

BAL14 70300ft
                        15 69,600ft

Waayyy high. Should be able to see the new launched ones from tekapo closer to sundown hopefully

Comment

• There is a second set of Google balloons starting from Tekapo.
                          I am still getting responses from HBALL11 every once in a while (about 560km away from me).

Comment

• Not at home to run vrs to see what the ones I'm getting are :/ (only in logged text format) doubtfull that far though, even palmy is getting hits.

Comment

• While I keep track noticing lots of new MLAT contacts around kaikoura which is good to see. Dash8s and AT75s

Comment

• I am sharing my VRS login protected on a higher port, so that I can log into it from work. That works really nice for me.

How do you log to text file?

I am quite surprised at the speed of the balloons (average of about 120km/h).

Comment

Working...
                                X