No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw ZK-MVA , one of the new AT 76 that was apparently not broadcasting ADSB on its flight from Dunedin to Christchurch. As a result not showing on the PP screen . Not good . Maintenance not up to scratch ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
      Saw ZK-MVA , one of the new AT 76 that was apparently not broadcasting ADSB on its flight from Dunedin to Christchurch. As a result not showing on the PP screen . Not good . Maintenance not up to scratch ?
      Oh that's annoying. Hopefully that would be rectified soon. Over here the new twin otters don't show up too with ads-b which I am slightly disappointed. I thought they would be equipped with ads-b considering it has modern avionics. Perhaps the airline didn't choose to have ads-b fitted in their fleet.

Comment

• Another new AT76, ZK-MVB also not showing ADSB . Why are some of the new fleet flying "under the radar" as it were (no adsb)?

Comment

• Keep eyes out for a high alt laser firing Gulfstream and other research aircraft in the comming weeks from the NSF
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
            Another new AT76, ZK-MVB also not showing ADSB . Why are some of the new fleet flying "under the radar" as it were (no adsb)?
            I'd have to check when I see one tonight at home, pretty sure the last few times I've had it appear just fine
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• https://www.eol.ucar.edu/field_projects/deepwave - RE my mention of GV5 and research laser

Comment

• Yep, MVA is a no GPS integration at moment

MVD still is

Comment

• Can someone tell us why these AT76's are running incognito lately?

Comment

• I would be surprised if this 'Deepwave' science project aircraft carries ADSB ; the previous NASA aircraft was not equipped with adsb. The US likes to stay under the radar .
                    Perhaps the recent invisibility of the 3 AT76's is to do with the testing of the MultiLat facilities placed around the South Island in the last few months. I can still see ZK-MVC today.

Comment

• And MVD has stopped so that just leaves MVC...

Ironically, I've analysed ADSB/Mode S activity received by my detector last week compared with the same time last year...
                      activity13-14.png

Comment

• Great analysis Templeton, but if you ran it again today you may be back to 22% for ANZ . I think the huge increase for ANZ over the year has been due almost entirely to the 4 new AT 600's and a couple of new A320's. Multi lat is necessary for Queenstown, but because so many of the NZ flights are over water and mountainous terrain, adsb seems to offer aircraft monitoring of the very high degree. After M370 's disappearance the airline industry is very aware that the public needs reassurance about total aircraft visibility at all times. Hard to guarantee I agree, but something to strive for necessary nevertheless.

Comment

• All 5 OX* A320s and one ATR were added in the last year but I agree the loss of the ATRs is significant with the number of flights they operate in range of my detector.

No ADSB on the Deepwave NCAR aircraft but at least it has Mode S so you can see when it's flying.

Comment

• Expected flightplan of the GV

KMZ is also on the site

Comment

• For the past few weeks or so since moving to a new home I have been plagued by interference on my HF setup and I suspected the culprit to be a newly acquired Elad FDM-S1 receiver. After getting really frustrated with it I decided to go back to old school ways and get a desktop receiver namely an Icom IC-R71

Well, I found exactly the same issue when I connected it up to the mains and the antenna. Realising then that the issue was external to my HF receiver and antenna I set to work shutting off electrical items one by one in the home and garage.

I found the problem! It was an ADS-B receiver supplied by FR24.com and if this was turned off all of a sudden my HF receiver became extremely quiet!

So now all I have to do is find out why the receiver or it's ethernet connection generate so much noise, but in the meantime happy days on HF at last. Now for the first time my ears are very happy.

So in a nutshell F-NZPM2 will be off the air until I can find a solution to happy affair with HF and ADS-B. FR Support have been notified.
                              Michael
                              Palmerston North,
                              New Zealand
                              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• You aren't the first one to find this noisy problem in the power supply.
                                It's a known problem, where the one they sent out to be very noisy in HF/AM bands.
                                FR24 will send replacement power supply to those who contact them.
                                Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-06-05, 11:51.
                                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Working...
                                X