No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've hit 227nm down toward CHC/DUD and out on the WLG-BNE and SYD tracks but I'm hoping to getup to the AKL-MEL flights and the AKL-ZQN track too.
    Michael
    Palmerston North,
    New Zealand
    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Range

I was quite surprised to see which radar was picking up this MEL-AKL flight last night!

IMG_0929.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by zkarj View Post
        I was quite surprised to see which radar was picking up this MEL-AKL flight last night!
        Oh very nice, he/she has a nice line of sight north. That'll be me next week!
        Last edited by nzradar; 2014-05-15, 19:18.
        Michael
        Palmerston North,
        New Zealand
        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Oh, its back. Never know if its being drowned out or only part time
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• F-NZGT1 back online. The FR24 will probably be off-and-on over the next few days as things settle down (post-tests, etc), but I hope it'll be all good to go after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPO View Post
              F-NZGT1 back online. The FR24 will probably be off-and-on over the next few days as things settle down (post-tests, etc), but I hope it'll be all good to go after that.
              Great to hear. Good things take time! I wonder if MLAT will extend any further south now.

Comment

F-NZGT1 back online. The FR24 will probably be off-and-on over the next few days as things settle down (post-tests, etc), but I hope it'll be all good to go after that.
                Welcome back to providing feed again! Hope things are getting into place now. All on the new mast I presume? Did you manage to use a shorter coax cable from antenna to the receiver? FR24 is down for me unable to see a/c so will have a look at your feed later.

Comment

• We're down to one battery bank, after a bombing run by the helicopter. These things happen.

No mast as yet, since I've been too busy dealing with the aftermath of the fire. It'll happen, although I'm out of the country for three weeks from the end of the month, so it may have to wait until I return.

Comment

We're down to one battery bank, after a bombing run by the helicopter. These things happen.

No mast as yet, since I've been too busy dealing with the aftermath of the fire. It'll happen, although I'm out of the country for three weeks from the end of the month, so it may have to wait until I return.
                    What is a bombing run by helicopter? Water bomb you mean to put out the fire? I had the impression that the new batteries and panel were installed after the fire?

No hurry about the mast... take it easy. What you have done already is good work after the incident.

Comment

• MLAT has been amazing this morning. Counted 7 planes at once and the coverage was down to Blemheim.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                        MLAT has been amazing this morning. Counted 7 planes at once and the coverage was down to Blemheim.
                        Just worked out why it's so good now. Looking at radars in the filters F-NZPM1 is back online. Hadn't seen it for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                          And I have another 5m extension to the mast to put up Saturday!
                          Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                          I've hit 227nm down toward CHC/DUD and out on the WLG-BNE and SYD tracks but I'm hoping to getup to the AKL-MEL flights and the AKL-ZQN track too.
                          Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                          Just worked out why it's so good now. Looking at radars in the filters F-NZPM1 is back online. Hadn't seen it for a while.
                          and NZPM2 will also be going up another 5m sometime today! Let's see what happens...

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                            and NZPM2 will also be going up another 5m sometime today! Let's see what happens...
                            Went up at 9.30am this morning, she's looking very good now, see this!
                            Michael
                            Palmerston North,
                            New Zealand
                            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• NGJ MLAT.JPG B737 just before she went off-screen heading south

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                                Went up at 9.30am this morning, she's looking very good now, see this!
                                Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]4107[/ATTACH] B737 just before she went off-screen heading south
                                Looking good..! Another few more receivers on the way too so let's see how MLAT develops for NZ! exciting times...

Comment

Working...
                                X