New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Multiple contacts top of the south and into the north as R540. Presumably there is about to be another F- box online.
    Seems a few F- Boxes have come online. Can now see F-NZNS1, F-NZWN2 which seem to be ruling the roost in central NZ and currently watching MLAT of 733 - ZK-NGJ over Taranaki.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
      Seems a few F- Boxes have come online. Can now see F-NZNS1, F-NZWN2 which seem to be ruling the roost in central NZ and currently watching MLAT of 733 - ZK-NGJ over Taranaki.
      Oooh they musta flicked the switch then.

I thought NZ1 has been around a while, but usually beaten to the punch as it has limited cover with the surrounding ranges. Unless thats a new one today, guess well find out when Sweden comes online and updates the 'spotted' thread. WN2 does indeed sound like another I've not seen until now.

ZK-EIF appears to have had an upgrade to full ADSB. (A piper 28!) Off to update unknown aircraft thrread
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Oooh they musta flicked the switch then.

I thought NZ1 has been around a while, but usually beaten to the punch as it has limited cover with the surrounding ranges. Unless thats a new one today, guess well find out when Sweden comes online and updates the 'spotted' thread. WN2 does indeed sound like another I've not seen until now.

ZK-EIF appears to have had an upgrade to full ADSB. (A piper 28!) Off to update unknown aircraft thrread
        In the map Mike posted a few weeks back it had Nelson as coming soon I think.

Saw EIF just as it went offline. It's an Arrow with the Aero Club. It's a nice plane to fly though that was 10 years or so ago.

Comment

• Hi all - NZWN2 online as of today - special delivery ex Germany. Great to be part of the community.... Now I just need to buy a house up Mount Kaukau....

Comment

• I don't know about that. It appears to be getting damn good reach south as it is
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• How do you tell how far south I'm getting? How do I tell more to the point? I can see the Kaikoura's from my living room window so thats a good start.

Comment

• I was tracking online today and you were attributed to quite a few. Which is a starting indication. But if you flick through the PDF you were sent you should find a stats page mention. With a rose with distance and direction tracked maximums. Failing that you use SBSPlotter, or virtualradarserver

Comment

• This is what I get from the Stats page - how does it stack up?

Also question - I opted for a 10m coax cable as wasn't sure how close I'd get it - using stock FR24 kit - is it worth me dropping down to 5m for signal loss etc or stick with where it is?

JonoScreen Shot 2014-04-22 at 9.52.18 pm.png

Comment

I was tracking online today and you were attributed to quite a few. Which is a starting indication. But if you flick through the PDF you were sent you should find a stats page mention. With a rose with distance and direction tracked maximums. Failing that you use SBSPlotter, or virtualradarserver
                    Once support has linked your email account to premium, you will then able to see your feed status. If this is not done you will need to contact support. In your premium account, you can see your feed and then click more info and you will see your stats page. Quite a cool feature, available to FR24 receivers and the latest linux feeder software. Welcome to FR24. Will have a look at your feed/range later.

On another note BPO aka F-NZGT1 is down for sometime now I think?

NB: Ops you can access to your stats page. The polar plot will tell you how far your reception goes.

Bit more info here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...standing-STATS

As for cable, reducing it to 5m might help as you cut your signal losses. As for what type of cable is up to your to choose... The stock antenna provided is a good antenna. Mine is attached to my window and I have good view of the south west and that is where I get my best range with my own set up, normally 250nm + sometimes more. The stock antenna with 10m H155 cable reaches 250nm + at that direction! My own set up is a high gain antenna with amp! oh gosh! This antenna IS good!
                    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-22, 13:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by vortexnz View Post
                      This is what I get from the Stats page - how does it stack up?

Also question - I opted for a 10m coax cable as wasn't sure how close I'd get it - using stock FR24 kit - is it worth me dropping down to 5m for signal loss etc or stick with where it is?

Jono[ATTACH=CONFIG]3934[/ATTACH]
                      203NM with that... is fine. Lol! my 5m of LMR400 and DPD won't even get that far constantly!

Comment

• Any suggestion on where to buy the coax cable in NZ and fittings etc for stock FR setup - if I wanted to shorten my cable?

Comment

• I've found ZL1BOI to be a good source of cables and connectors. This auction is for just a 3ft jumper cable of LMR400 but if you ask a question about different lengths he will certainly accommodate your request.
                          Michael
                          Palmerston North,
                          New Zealand
                          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Just seen F-NZHN1 online.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by vortexnz View Post
                              Hi all - NZWN2 online as of today - special delivery ex Germany. Great to be part of the community.... Now I just need to buy a house up Mount Kaukau....
                              Trying to work out where you are. You've got great coverage north, west, south. Just seen you holding a plane at 2000 feet over Whanganui.

Comment

• 15:50 Local Time my alert went off for a Boeing 757, replaying at 230350Z reveals RNZAF Boeing 757 NZ7571 over Taranaki with M-LAT3 radar. Cool!
                                Michael
                                Palmerston North,
                                New Zealand
                                ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X