Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nintcore View Post
    Hi guys, first post here. I am receiving in Tauranga so F-NZTG1
    Quick question, Is there an easy way of setting up Planeplotter to use charts instead of Google maps, and possible reduce the size of the aircraft on the maps?
    As with my above post?

That is NZCoastlines.out - the outline of the NZ coast
    NZWaypoints.kmz
    And ATC_Routes (red lines)

Also has my max-range overlay at present (reaching out 260nm to where the baloons were)

All of the above are included on various sites, and within SBSResources app (for basestation but you can use it manually to extract these files)

Don't think you can change the size of them, they are custom shapes made by co-ordinates. (planesymbol1.txt in directory) But you can adjust which icon is displayed for different types by executing some SQL commands to update the $usertype field.

Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-04-02, 21:45.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• And backing up my note about PJs plane last week..

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Remember the Google balloons, apparently one is going for a second round around the Antarctica. We might see it show up at South Americas soon.

I167FlightPath.jpg

picture from this Loon project page:
        https://plus.google.com/103068231639...ts/bWn1HJmyqLk

Comment

• Just noticed T-NZPM3 which means there's two other feeders plus the F-NZPM1 here in Palmy. Who's trampling on my territory then? . He he!

Be nice to know what set up you guys have.

I currently have DPD antenna, Beast at the top of my 8m pole, USB cable to RPi with ModesMixer2 to MySQL database and FR24 feed.
          Michael
          Palmerston North,
          New Zealand
          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• The wee antennas they are sending out seem crazy sensitive. Then again the front end of the radarcape got a re-write too which doesn't help us.

Comment

• Hi all. I'm T-NZPM3
              Just started using a DVB-T dongle and the small antenna that came with it. It's temporarily taped to the top of a long pole with a 10m USB cable, I'll find a more permanent mount once I get a better antenna. Currently getting about 200 km range.
              Running ADSB# -> virtual radar server -> FR24/adsbSCOPE

Comment

• Welcome aboard Mantis.

Have a look at www.balarad.net on making a $5 collinear - there are some youtube videos on this too - it's a good start point. The one thing you will nead is some sort of adaptor or pigtail to get a thick coax cable to connect to the MCX socket found on most of the dongles

Comment

• Originally posted by nintcore View Post
                  Hi guys, first post here. I am receiving in Tauranga so F-NZTG1
                  Ha! I was a bit stunned when I saw NZTG1 active a few days ago, and wondered how the heck my FR24 was able to track aircraft all the way up in Tauranga!

BPO
                  F-NZGT1

Comment

• Originally posted by mantis454 View Post
                    I'm T-NZPM3
                    Hi Mantis, whereabouts are you, I'm in Roslyn with trees to my south west but moving to clearer area next week.
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• I'm in Terrace End, near Memorial Park. It's mostly single story houses here so visibility isn't too bad, just have to get the aerial high enough. Sunday's job is to try and make an antenna and see if I can get it running on a Raspberry Pi.

Comment

• My friend with the UK Govt who recently flew in from the UK and tells me that he understands that UAE intend to bring in the A 380 to Christchurch in the near future. Has anyone here heard similar rumours? I did see a Private Jet in UAE colours fly in to Christchurch a 2 weeks ago ago and flew out again a few days later. The BOSS coming to make plans?? I gather the problem lies in the load facilities at Christchurch

Comment

• Correct. Someones Mandate requires ability to load both levels at once, or common level front and rear. Our gate 22, although compatible - Is only valid for 1 door on the front at any time.

However the redirections from AKL during the fog proved the runway and new taxiway upgrades can handle them. I think we would also need a new push vehicle and or bar...

I'm not sure we would see them often if they decided to put one on the run. AKL gets 3 a day. They may do the odd one to say they can Like the others dropping in with their 787s

BTW.. NZ ZK-NZE rolled out of the paint shop. Now pending fit and final tests.

Comment

• I am keen to know where the following receivers are situated please. T-NZNV1, F-NZDN1, F-NZDN2,
                            I am just beginning and I am in Dunedin only have a stick and antenna inside at present so coverage not that good
                            Thanks

Comment

• NV1 is a residential home in the middle of the township I think.

One of the Dunedin units is based in a building at the airport campus itself, and the other another residential user. Although these are the main ones you see, that does not mean there isn't another 6 like yourself in the background CHC has around 14 receivers around it now. Or at least that many ID allocations

Comment

• I notice that I have some of the locations of Christchurch PP receivers and my own location in Geraldine, but only some; how can I update the sharer locations to my PP map. They show up as waypoints with a + beside them.
                                I notice that Sharer Locations.txt in the Applications file has all the current locations but how can you update that file as I can see that it is not up to date
                                Last edited by Petenz; 2014-04-09, 10:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X