New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
    Mike, I'd be interested to know why there is a Red number 3 near my QTH in Palmerston North.
    Receiver down.

Comment

• I wonder if I can convince our contractor in Timaru itself to apply... Hes sort of a plane nut. Smack in the 'required' zone
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Oooh.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• When using the FR24 box there is apparently no way you can monitor the output of the Box as you can do with the Beast and PlanePlotter. Also you are not allowed to supply ADSB info to other Live Tracking programs. If my conclusions are wrong on this I would be delighted to be corrected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
            When using the FR24 box there is apparently no way you can monitor the output of the Box as you can do with the Beast and PlanePlotter. Also you are not allowed to supply ADSB info to other Live Tracking programs. If my conclusions are wrong on this I would be delighted to be corrected.
            You can monitor the raw feed on port 30334 and the decoded data on port 30003, either can be fed into other software (plenty of details in other posts in this forum) and you can see all the flights that are otherwise blocked on the web site.
            However you are correct in that you CANNOT share this data with any other tracking sites (only fair as the box is FR24 property)
            See http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...5960#post45960
            Last edited by F-EGLF1; 2014-03-31, 20:41. Reason: Link to forum post
            FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

When using the FR24 box there is apparently no way you can monitor the output of the Box as you can do with the Beast and PlanePlotter. Also you are not allowed to supply ADSB info to other Live Tracking programs. If my conclusions are wrong on this I would be delighted to be corrected.
              Hi, I have FR24 box. I am using Virtual Radar Server to listen to it and re-feed it to other applications on my pc (such as SBSplotter, adsbScope, baseStation, etc.). Initially I had all those applications listening to the FR24 box directly which worked fine, but I thought this way would put less load on the FR24 box.

You are not to supply the feed to any other provider, which I think is fair since the hardware is supplied free of charge by FR24.

Comment

• you can see all the flights that are otherwise blocked on the web site.
                That comment is interesting; I didn't know that some flights are blocked from showing on the website; are these military flights? or what?
                Last edited by Petenz; 2014-03-31, 20:52. Reason: Incorrect quote

Comment

• Hi, I have FR24 box. I am using Virtual Radar Server to listen to it and re-feed it to other applications on my pc (such as SBSplotter, adsbScope, baseStation, etc.). Initially I had all those applications listening to the FR24 box directly which worked fine, but I thought this way would put less load on the FR24 box.

Thanks for clarifying the situation about the FR24 box; unfortunately the info I got did not mention being able to monitor the outgoing info. I agree that the stipulation about not supplying other programs is quite fair.

Comment

That comment is interesting; I didn't know that some flights are blocked from showing on the website; are these military flights? or what?
                    Military, government, emergency services and various private and other flights who have requested privacy.
                    The admins will generally not comment on the reasons, searching the forum will tell you more.
                    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• F-EDLE1 (should be EDLM1)

I use Virtualradar Server to monitor what I recieve.
                      As most of the F' recievers that I know.

A stand-alone .NET application that displays output from an SBS-1 ADS-B receiver on a Google Maps web page.
                      (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                      1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Hi
                        I have just joined the group from Dunedin. I am hoping to get some gear going shortly but will probably need some questions answered,

Comment

• Welcome aboard, ask away

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                            Welcome aboard, ask away
                            I am just using a RTL dongle at present with antenna sitting on top of computer. I am using RTL 1090 Receiver and trial version of plane plotter at present but will get a decent antenna and put on roof along with all the rest.

I really hoping to be able to upload to Flightradar when all installed. My first question with Plane Plotter should I be able to get a map to show flight path etc

Comment

• Like this?

ppW7.jpg

Yes. But like FR24 displays, not quite. Route and Reg info can be manually added but won't display when each one is clicked like the website

Comment

• Hi guys, first post here. I am receiving in Tauranga so F-NZTG1
                                Quick question, Is there an easy way of setting up Planeplotter to use charts instead of Google maps, and possible reduce the size of the aircraft on the maps?

Comment

Working...
                                X