New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi BPO

I installed virtual radar server http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/ on a home pc. You point it at your FR24 ip address and it will web serve your detected traffic which you then can view in a browser (even remotely). It has a ton of features, especially relaying the tracking data to other applications (for example sbsplotter to measure/plot your maximum coverage).

It looks like you have great coverage already, would be interesting to compare the current maximum range with the one once you have your mast installed (again have a look at sbsplotter).

I wonder if we are getting close to having enough overlapping FR24 coverage to get MLAT going?

Cheers

Comment

• Should be enough for covering the nelson/marl/west coast routes.

The guys will be able to see in the background if there is any traffic being triangulated.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Anybody know if Kapiti Airport (NZ) will ever have info?

We have quiet a few flights from Kapiti to Auckland and Christchurch. But the flights are never showing up in the maps.

Comment

• Originally posted by KapitiCoaster View Post
          Anybody know if Kapiti Airport (NZ) will ever have info?

We have quiet a few flights from Kapiti to Auckland and Christchurch. But the flights are never showing up in the maps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapiti_Coast_Airport
          That's because they use Q300s (Dash-8) and these do not have the advanced ADSB transponders. With any luck when all the F- units are enabled, you may see some on MLAT. But until the entire fleet gets updated avionics, you won't see anything other than the ATR76s and larger.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Eule View Post
            I installed virtual radar server http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/ on a home pc. You point it at your FR24 ip address and it will web serve your detected traffic which you then can view in a browser (even remotely). It has a ton of features, especially relaying the tracking data to other applications (for example sbsplotter to measure/plot your maximum coverage).

It looks like you have great coverage already, would be interesting to compare the current maximum range with the one once you have your mast installed (again have a look at sbsplotter).
            Thanks, I'll definitely look into this.

Comment

• NZGT1 is sure getting some impressive coverage well out in the Tasman even Melbourne - Wellington flights being picked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzdn1 View Post
                NZGT1 is sure getting some impressive coverage well out in the Tasman even Melbourne - Wellington flights being picked up.
                It's interesting to see how random it seems to be: One hour or day or even route, my receiver will be detecting everything in sight, while on others all I seem to see are the Dunedin, Invercargill, Queenstown, Timaru and Christchurch receivers.

I've tried to correlate these changes with things like aircraft altitude and bearing, but so far haven't come up with anything consistent. Fascinating though, and huge fun, not to mention addictive! I'm supposed to be working. I just know I'm never going to hear the end of this!

Comment

• Originally posted by BPO View Post
                  It's interesting to see how random it seems to be: One hour or day or even route, my receiver will be detecting everything in sight, while on others all I seem to see are the Dunedin, Invercargill, Queenstown, Timaru and Christchurch receivers.

I've tried to correlate these changes with things like aircraft altitude and bearing, but so far haven't come up with anything consistent. Fascinating though, and huge fun, not to mention addictive! I'm supposed to be working. I just know I'm never going to hear the end of this!

... and it is not at the highest peak yet. We are all keeping an eye, and will do especially when it's installed at the peak!

Comment

• Hi

Anybody know what this plane is doing?

http://fr24.com/705JM

PlaneLoop.png

Comment

• Test flight. Samsungs BBJ fresh off the assembly line a year or so ago. Been in CHC for repaint and re-fit to corp configuration.

Wingletts went on late last week again, and now it appears to be doing cabin rattle tests

Comment

• Anybody know if Kapiti Airport (NZ) will ever have info?

Perhaps if you look at www.Flightaware.com your Kapiti flights may show. I use two screens so I can open two or three different Flightradars. As Oblivian says ADSB is not installed on something like 70% of NZ domestic flights. It is gradually being implemented with each new plane, but it is a slow process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Test flight. Samsungs BBJ fresh off the assembly line a year or so ago. Been in CHC for repaint and re-fit to corp configuration.

Wingletts went on late last week again, and now it appears to be doing cabin rattle tests
                          Thanks for that information.

Comment

• Bookmark MRCs Blog.. good for info

Samsung's Boeing BBJ HL8270 broke cover at Christchurch 06 March as seen below as it was under tow. We have featured this airframe a few tim...

I use his, NZCivair and my own receiver to tie info together. And at the same time suppy pics/regos to them of CHC visitors.

Comment

• Now this one, I can't explain

QF6001.jpg

Probably a charter to ZQN or re-positional. Thats stuck in hold

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                                Now this one, I can't explain

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3696[/ATTACH]

Probably a charter to ZQN or re-positional. Thats stuck in hold

That plane is still doing odd stuff...

Comment

Working...
                                X