No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fx I presume (latest green one I've seen appear)

It told me I could get a hit on Convair FTA on airfright644, but just gave me approximation curves

For some reason (potentially the laptop speed) my incoming data doesn't stick around for long. I get planes appear and disappear from shared data packets all the time. Yet others with me as a ground station (I'm also a sector master) are able to pinpoint where the Aussie C130s are and all

I'm currently seeing my own data, with x7 and Fx sticking around, and tv(not a ground station) and one other coming and going all the time
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Yip, Fx is correct!

I haven't had a chance to look yet, but will see what I can do over the weekend. Seems we have several groundstahtions, but several may all be in a straight line which won't help. Presumably the systems will be able figure out which stations they need to provide MLATs. All the fun is in making it work.

Comment

• Yeah, appears requirements are 2-3 Groundstations + 2+ reference full ADSB broadcasting Aircraft.

CTRL-CLICK on any Dash-8 or ATRs etc that appear 'green' (or orange) in the aircraft list while these requirements are met and you will see blue circles encompassing the groundstations it is currently getting data from as it 'listens' for a while to work out the points. Sometimes you see curves indicating a rough area (where the lines intersect), and other times an icon may appear.

But you are correct, we are rather lined up. Even with my heading further north. So I end up with data from Geraldine, Wellington (bursts and not constant enough) and the clump just south of the airport.

I just tried on the mail plane and got that exact result I was mentioning

mlat.jpg
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Does anyone know when the Deep Freeze guys are going to start their runs to the Antarctic this summer? I understood Sept 26th, but that date has come and gone. Perhaps Tony Abbott has persuaded the US to start from Tasmania .....

Comment

• Yeah I was beginning to wonder the same. There was a C130 already tasked and identified to be the lead party but as you say been and gone. The loaders have been going through training the last week or so (Im working at the campus again for a bit) and theres 3 40ft containers being unpacked with wooden crates in them being sorted ready for loading.

It's usually timed to the chance in DST or first week of Oct so we can't be far away from the invasion.

Comment

• It would be nice if they installed ADSb in their ACFT . The Australian airbus that went down to McMurdo last month was so equipped and thus I was able to track it to well south of NZ, about 260 NM.

Comment

• I noticed that. We were lucky with that one. It's often tasked for australian govt work and 'switches off'. I think its the first time I've had an actual track from it this time. Usually just a contact register only

With the right HF gear you can listen to their postion data as they report back to ATC/McMurdo ground

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                  Does anyone know when the Deep Freeze guys are going to start their runs to the Antarctic this summer? I understood Sept 26th, but that date has come and gone. Perhaps Tony Abbott has persuaded the US to start from Tasmania .....
                  Looks like from the following that it's due to kick off in October, as Oblivian has said;

Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

From another website I read that Air New Zealand tourist flights are to begin on 5th October.

Regards,
                  Gregg
                  YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• With the right HF gear you can listen to their postion data as they report back to ATC/McMurdo ground
                    I do have a HF Yaesu FRG 7000, though old its a goody though the tuning is an art in itself.. So what frequency do I need to tune it to?
                    The flights to Antarctica will apparently be scientists, not tourists according to this article.

Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald
                    Last edited by Petenz; 2013-09-29, 22:44. Reason: New website

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                      Perhaps Tony Abbott has persuaded the US to start from Tasmania .....
                      I know its not the Yanks but the Aussies flew down and back via CHC a week or 10 days ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Tahii View Post
                        I know its not the Yanks but the Aussies flew down and back via CHC a week or 10 days ago
                        According to The Press today, RNZAF are going down in a 757 later this week followed the following day by a C130 with freight. Not sure whether the C130 is ours or USAF.

Comment

• Petenz,

For HF once past HELGE, try 8867 kHz, 5643 kHz or 13261kHz. All USB. Further south you may need other frequencies, but these would be a good starting point.

Comment

• I know they've also in the past called up Invercargill Tower on 5592

Comment

• For HF once past HELGE, try 8867 kHz, 5643 kHz or 13261kHz. All USB. Further south you may need other frequencies, but these would be a good starting point.
                              Many thanks for that. I am tuned mostly to 8867 as that seems to be the most used for SelCal.

Comment

• Yep, just back from lunch. Freight packed into loading pallets and wrapped/meshed now. With the last of it being done today. We're very close

Well Ill be. Hopefully they use 737 NGI/NGP.. with working transponder

Comment

Working...
                                X