No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In contrast to QF27 currently heading west near Dunedin at 1140kph.

Comment

• We had gale force 65k-100k winds the other night.. took my antenna down a few ft for safety. Appear as a feed less and less now, makes a difference heh

Taught me I need to find a more sturdy pole, or chuck the ropes back up for a bit. But they would have been strung the wrong way for the NW wind anyway.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• An article on Voxy about the MLAT sites.

High on the peaks of New Zealand’s South Island, Airways is installing cutting-edge multilateration surveillance technology operating in only a handful of airspaces around the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          We had gale force 65k-100k winds the other night.. took my antenna down a few ft for safety. Appear as a feed less and less now, makes a difference heh

Taught me I need to find a more sturdy pole, or chuck the ropes back up for a bit. But they would have been strung the wrong way for the NW wind anyway.
          Use a 32mm diameter stainless steel water pipe. They come in length of 5.7 metres
          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• An article on Voxy about the MLAT sites.
            I have been watching what I assume to be a test of the new Mlat sites in the Southern area. A twin engine Piper, registered as an Aussie, at 12600 feet apparently aimlessly flying from place to place. It seemed to be about to fly directly over my antenna, but made a sharp turn away towards Timaru so I didn't get to see it. Seems the forerunner of ADsb , Mlat, is about to be used down here in the South. I just hope the Mlat sites don't all look like small acft as the one on Mt Studholme appears to be. Could be very confusing.

Comment

• Easily fixed. Will get them to flag with a tower type and a different icon or hide it altogether.

Was that VH-BUR? I think thats a legit visitor
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Require Data

Can anyone give me data on.

Hex. C87ED5 (No Callsign)
                I am well thinking its a mobile or a Beacon,. Maybe something todo
                with the setting up of your MLAT there.
                It is West of Waimate,. and suspect on Mount Schudholme.
                (at least thats the name of the road that its on,..End of Mount Schudholme Road)
                (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Originally posted by delcomp View Post
                  Can anyone give me data on.

Hex. C87ED5 (No Callsign)
                  I am well thinking its a mobile or a Beacon,. Maybe something todo
                  with the setting up of your MLAT there.
                  It is West of Waimate,. and suspect on Mount Schudholme.
                  (at least thats the name of the road that its on,..End of Mount Schudholme Road)
                  that'd be what we were just talking about getting changed to hidden/ignored, yes that is one of the towers

Comment

• OK, Craig,. Ive give it a Callsign of Beacon-Tower
                    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Another funny one
                      ARPT32.GIF
                      Runway inspection I guess

Comment

• Oooh that looks like a sign of things to come with the inclusion of CATIII. It'd be airport services vehicle #32

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                          Another funny one
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]2591[/ATTACH]
                          Runway inspection I guess
                          Just goes to show that Google have the map latitude and longitude correct there

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                            Easily fixed. Will get them to flag with a tower type and a different icon or hide it altogether.

Was that VH-BUR? I think thats a legit visitor
                            Just spotted VH-BUR doing the rounds.
                            It disappeared pretty much as soon as I took that screenshot.

2013-09-14 15_35_46-VHBUR.jpg

Comment

• Funny with that tower. It is undecided if it is flying north or south.
                              tower27.JPG tower208.JPG
                              Could it be from the antenna mast head swaying in the wind?

Anyway, from the article posted above on MLAT http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/surve...afety/5/167581 I understand that there are already 18 MLAT stations in place around Queenstown and the now they are adding 9 more.
                              So why does only this station have to transmit a ADS-B signal? My theory is that it is a temporary thing while the system is calibareted, using a known fixed position. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                                I understand that there are already 18 MLAT stations in place around Queenstown and the now they are adding 9 more.
                                So why does only this station have to transmit a ADS-B signal? My theory is that it is a temporary thing while the system is calibareted, using a known fixed position. Any thoughts?
                                It is a reference transponder. Typical MLAT system has one or two reference transponders for synchronization and monitoring of the whole system. http://web1.see.asso.fr/Jissa2005/fo...papers/2-1.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X