No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That one is one of the radar towers bliping now and then.

Strange, someone else has had the C87ED**, but me in the middle with my beast have not.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• The block C87E00 to C87EFF is reserved for ground vehicle use. It appeared to be near a mast on Mt Studholme.

Comment

• I was getting C87ED5 and C87ED7 - one in Invercargill and the other as the previous post stated ..... Syrian stealth planes susing us out ??

Comment

• I highly doubt any ground buildings or vehicles at NV have ADSB. I've never seen it down here.

Comment

• here is a pic to show whats the happs !! Project1.jpg

as at 1905hrs they are both still showing on my screen
            Last edited by NZWND NDB; 2013-09-04, 07:06.

Comment

• Oh!

I wonder... Would line up with Bald Hill? If so, that'd be the new Airways Multilateration system.

*checks Google Maps* Yep, that lines up. Gonna assume they're an identifier for their sites.

Comment

• Right, just confirmed with a source in Airways that they are currently connecting their multilateration systems to their central controller, bringing them online as such. They show up under the C87 range of IACO codes. More will come online, some might go offline, but will come back.

Comment

• The entity is still showing up at 10 PM . It appears to be situated on top of a ridge in the range between Waimate and Timaru, perhaps near where the TV repeater station is set up.

Entity near waimate.jpg

Comment

• That'd be Mt Studholme? If so thats one of the sites. Mt Mary, Mt Prospect (Te Anau) and Bald Hill as well as Mt Studholme all appear to be RX/TX sites, with others such as Mt Stuart and Mt Cargill all being RX only. There are also 5 sites around Queenstown, with Coronet Peak, Mt Dewar and Mt Difficulty being RX/TX sites. I don't know the status of all sites, but that what we're seeing does appear to be the TX sites only, which would make sense, as they come on and offline during testing.

Comment

• Pity these new multilat stations don't respond tp my attempts to use multilateration. Must be on a different frquency for responding, or perhaps not set up yet to respond.

Comment

• Same frequency. But when we do MLAT 'requests' its not really a request of any sort of normal transmission send/rec. It's just plane plotter using incomming shared data being uploaded from other users and filtering by the same HEX to pull out time/delay information based on other known-position aircraft on the list at the same time. (which is why it does a better job with 2 or more Airbus in range)

I wouldn't expect us to be able to interact with this unit at all, as they are sending data to/from airways network and not the planeplotter server The only advantage they could be to us, is possibly giving our receivers a helping hand with causing the airborne transponder to echo a little more than normal.
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I have just noticed that the airport icon brings up the whole arrival and departure schedule for the day , which only goes to show just how many planes we don't see on ADS-B; luckily we can turn to FlightAware for a sort of estimate of those 'invisible' ACFT flight paths. Good to see the Airport Icons really being quite useful, especially if they tell us something about the weather expected there; the flight schedules are a real bonus.

Comment

• I'm still mucking around and experimenting with NZWN5 and a few days back changed out the "older" e4000 based dongle for a new R820T based NooElec dongle. That change has made a huge difference to it's coverage, with an indoor colinear antenna it's doing almost as well in some cases as my Beast with the DPD outdoor antenna. The Pi/dump1090 combo is working just fine too.

Comment

• QF28 about to track to the south of chch
                              750kph seems a bit slow, they currently have it landing 20mins late. I presume there are fierce headwinds up there today too!
                              Edit: 690kph off the west coast
                              Last edited by chris; 2013-09-10, 05:23.

Comment

• And she looked beautiful going over top directly into the sun.

Left a contrail and a shadow of it on the clouds. Shortly after the adverse front took hold and it vanished.

And yep headwinds somewhat strong. We have trees down etc inland

Comment

Working...
                                X