New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
    My bandpass filter should leave the US today. It's this one from Mini Circuits https://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/VBFZ-1065+.pdf I had it shipped Fedex ground from NY to CA where I have a "Shipito" address then to NZ via Fedex. USD$39.90 for the filter and about the same for shipping. Now I just hope most of my issues are out of band ones
    You won't regret buying the BPF.
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Hi Craig,

I am also keen to try MLAT. Not sure what my current status is with PP since they sent me an email and asked me to upgrade about a week ago. I got the boss to turn PP off as I was overseas. currently in Denver waiting to go to LAX onthe way home . Back in ChCH on Thursday morning. Will upgrade, check my status. The only way we will now if the straight line will not work is to try it.

Comment

• MLAT Trial

Originally posted by NZCH View Post
        Hi Craig,

I am also keen to try MLAT. Not sure what my current status is with PP since they sent me an email and asked me to upgrade about a week ago. I got the boss to turn PP off as I was overseas. currently in Denver waiting to go to LAX onthe way home . Back in ChCH on Thursday morning. Will upgrade, check my status. The only way we will now if the straight line will not work is to try it.
        Plane Plotter is now updated.

Anyone up for giving MLAT a try in the NZ region?

Comment

• Nice.

As long as you got the router pinholes open and request to be a Groundstation/MU in the planeplotter group and everything checks out it should be possible fairly automatically by ctrl-clicking on mode-s only AC (as long as there is other full ADSB in the air at the same time) for it to work things out.

I get hypercurves now, which is close to the range where the AC is. But no good exact pinpointing as of yet
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• My BPF has arrived and is in place. It certainly makes a huge difference so now I'll get back to experimenting with antennas and squeeze out that range

If anyone is interested http://www.41south.net.nz:81/VirtualRadar/GoogleMap.htm

I haven't configured VR properly yet, so the initial map is just a tad off the mark . It's fine for subsequent logons though.
            Last edited by 41south; 2013-04-26, 21:18.

Comment

• New station? T-NZNR1

Comment

My BPF has arrived and is in place. It certainly makes a huge difference so now I'll get back to experimenting with antennas and squeeze out that range

If anyone is interested http://www.41south.net.nz:81/VirtualRadar/GoogleMap.htm

I haven't configured VR properly yet, so the initial map is just a tad off the mark . It's fine for subsequent logons though.
                great to know it is helping... and now you can assess the beast's performance properly! enjoy!

Comment

New station? T-NZNR1
                  spotted some posts back. was initally named wrong but covers the east coast of the north island. only bug is landing into napier ac jump sideways about 7kms
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Excellent. I was looking at some of the tracks for ac that were handed over from myself to NZAA4 yesterday, they had some interesting kinks in them at times too, not sure what causes that. here is a classic example from just now. It seems to be happening beacause FR24 is assuming my data is still feeding, even though I lost track of the ac some miles before.

fr24 kinks.jpg
                    Last edited by 41south; 2013-04-27, 21:34.

Comment

• Spotted on 22-4 doing tests by the looks of it

ZK-OXA 5629 Airbus A320-232(WL) (On Order) F-WWBH

Comment

• Excellent. I was looking at some of the tracks for ac that were handed over from myself to NZAA4 yesterday, they had some interesting kinks in them at times too, not sure what causes that. here is a classic example from just now. It seems to be happening beacause FR24 is assuming my data is still feeding, even though I lost track of the ac some miles before.
                        I had noticed that 'kink' in the flight paths just south of Auckland and at first I assumed bad weather , but it occurs too often. Another anomaly I noticed is aircraft heading down from Ak to ChCh jump backwards and forwards just after leaving the Nelson area. And where, oh where, is ZK-MVC ; delivery was scheduled for April, but April is over.

Comment

• QF27 flow over our place this afternoon(Kaikoura)around 1600hrs leaving a lovely slipstream.Not very often it flies this far north!!Regards

Comment

• Right now: Most beautiful test flight of Virgin Australia VH-VUZ (Boeing 737-8FE) near Akaroa. Height up to 41000ft, speed as low as 180mph @ 14800ft, multiple passing along runaway with interrupted landing

FR_20130503_TestAkaroa4.jpg
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Lol thats a good workout. Must have been in for a good going over.

Comment

• Logged into my receiver to update QF45/46 today which was an airframe less than a month old and saw some more funny tracks that have happened in the last 72hrs.

Including what appears to be a turnaround

Comment

Working...
                                X