No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a band-pass filter on the way from mini-circuits that will hopefully help my signal overload situation. I guess living 300-400m line of sight from the Welly airport vor/dme/radio site does have a couple of drawbacks I have another 'low-tech' antenna solution in place for the short term which is still getting me pretty reasonable coverage, but I've had glimpses of what the Beast is capable of! I briefly plotted NZ802 as it was inbound just south of Greymouth yesterday on my interim antenna - great stuff. Coverage north I'm seeing aircraft TOD into Auckland. I'm also seeing up to 20 aircraft at busy times - a lot more than the dongle did, but it too may have been suffering from the same thing the beast is. I have a field trip in mind to do some Beast range testing - I just have to find a suitable hill without repeaters.

Comment

• I found a bit weird that there are no flights to or from Dunedin showed today on FR24 (15.04.2003 21-23 UTC at least). According to the Airport's own databases, the planes are coming and going as usual. This not a radar issue, as other parts of a track not present as well. For example NZ5048 DUD->WLG
      Last edited by PALTDNNZ; 2013-04-15, 23:27.

Comment

• You will only see the 2x ATR76s to/from there (which are in the north at present). Others that service the area are 737 not broadcasting full ADSB.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          You will only see the 2x ATR76s to/from there (which are in the north at present). Others that service the area are 737 not broadcasting full ADSB.
          I am still not seeing any.. What are the flight numbers of these two?

Comment

• There must be a "window" of sorts from my location to Greymouth, just tracking JST188 (CHC-OOL) outbound.

Comment

• Originally posted by PALTDNNZ View Post
              I am still not seeing any.. What are the flight numbers of these two?
              As Oblivian says the two new ATR72-600 are the only domestic aircraft from Mount Cock that have ADS-B. They are ZK-MVA and ZK-MVB. They may be used for any service during the day, and the rest as served by any of the older ATR 72-500's without ADS-B. On a given day the newer ATR may not fly to Dunedin at all leaving you with nothing

And then again it is not quite true. Jetstar is also flying AKL-DUD and their A320's have ADS-B. Right this moment JST285 is on its way.
              JST285.jpg

An I swear I have seen some Air NZ A320's and even B373's flying into Dunedin at some point.
              Here is B737 ZK-NGP just started from Welling tom
              ZK-NGP.jpg
              So don't give up :-)
              Last edited by Kpin; 2013-04-16, 05:25.

Comment

• Odd occasion yes, you see 732 NGR head that way. Others are mode-s
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Petenz, you won a price over on radarspotting.com. They are waiting for you to get i touch.

Comment

• Interesting how the Information about the flight is dependent om the pilot keying in the correct flight no.

Here they entered NZ231 instead of NZM231 into the transponder, and woopti; a flight from AKL to PMR becomes a flight from ZQN to SYD
                    NZM231.JPG

The ATR pilot seems notorious bad at getting the callsign right.

Comment

• Thanks for the headsup Kpin, and yes I noted that the new ATR ZK-MVB was about to fly to Sydney...long trip and no refreshments either.

Comment

• Regarding VOZ76 (DJ76); it shows up as OOL->AKL while in fact is BNE->DUD. Is it a database error? I tried "report error" link for a few days with no result. Are there other ways to address this?

Comment

• Originally posted by PALTDNNZ View Post
                          Regarding VOZ76 (DJ76); it shows up as OOL->AKL while in fact is BNE->DUD. Is it a database error? I tried "report error" link for a few days with no result. Are there other ways to address this?
                          This is where errors/corrections should be put. It may take some days before thay get around to update it.
                          Errors.JPG

Comment

• Southern lads, any mode-s hits with N773JM in the last day or so?

Comment

• I've had this ICAO code pop up in VR a few times today, always with the same altitude - anybody know what it is? A testing code perhaps? C87EF7 @ 61000ft

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
                                I've had this ICAO code pop up in VR a few times today, always with the same altitude - anybody know what it is? A testing code perhaps? C87EF7 @ 61000ft
                                fl610? lol methinks a decode error there somewhere.

c87 are used by the akl radar towers, possibly you have one nearby too doing the same

Comment

Working...
                                X