New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats the main one. QF27/28

Can pass over anywhere from south of Stewart island, to as far north as Wellington depending on weather and jetstreams. Most other sth american stop over in AKL. LAN400 for instance which is SYD-AKL-SCL
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Thanks, is it always a 747? Would like to glimpse an A380 one day.

Comment

• Yeah, no A380s pass our parts AKL lucky to get 3 on the deck at once when the timing is right. But QF will keep the 74 on for a bit yet. Its just had a new 4 class fit-out

I should have also pointed out before that the ISS is visible from NZ at present, I just went out to watch its brightest pass of the week at mag -3.1. Same again tomorrow if you check heavens-above.com and have clear skies
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Yeah, no A380s pass our parts AKL lucky to get 3 on the deck at once when the timing is right. But QF will keep the 74 on for a bit yet. Its just had a new 4 class fit-out

I should have also pointed out before that the ISS is visible from NZ at present, I just went out to watch its brightest pass of the week at mag -3.1. Same again tomorrow if you check heavens-above.com and have clear skies
          Could be fun to get a ADS-B transmitter up on the space station. Anybody got a cousin in NASA?

Comment

• Aerolineas Argentinas Sydney-Buenos Aries-Sydney

and also the occasional Mel-Lax-Mel depending on the en route winds/volcano ash.
            Michael
            Palmerston North,
            New Zealand
            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Off topic but I thought this the best place to ask. What international flights fly over nz without landing, currently? I noticed a Qantas Santiago to Sydney the other night.
              One other that I know of is Argentine flight 1180 that usually flies close to Dunedin and over Queenstown on the way to Sydney

Comment

• Just saw NZ476 (WLG-AKL) tracked by T-NZNR1 (Napier). That is very exciting given that Napier is on the menu for the new ATR76. Also saw T-NZAA4 take part for a short while through is seems T-F4V is the only 24/7 receiver in Auckland at the moment.

By the way - Isn't it about time INV, DUD, ZQN, PMR got thier blue dot on the map given they are ADS-B distinations and (almost) radar covered? I don't know how to initiate this. ZQN is long overdue.

Regards

Kpin

Comment

• I pointed out Napier last week And T4V is another networks data, not sure of exact source. So when its out of range of AA1/2 it gets picked up by that.

As for dots, yes, and no. Causes a bit of server load the more there are in a dense area. So they like to keep to the main centres

Comment

I pointed out Napier last week And T4V is another networks data, not sure of exact source. So when its out of range of AA1/2 it gets picked up by that.

As for dots, yes, and no. Causes a bit of server load the more there are in a dense area. So they like to keep to the main centres
                    Sorry, wasn't that T-NZNE1 (North Shore)? I have seen both T-NZNE1 and T-NZNR1 lately. Or did they adjust the name?

And you call the South Island a dense area? Yeah Right

Comment

• Uuuh.. NZRadar pointed out it got them to the deck at napier so obviously had wrong airport code Methinks its had a rename.

Dense in the fact that to see what little traffic we got, you usually zoom out to fit the whole island in, which would mean 6 or so dots on 1 map

side note. June should see our first A320 with 2m sharkletts arrive, ZK-OXA if the internet is correct.

Comment

But QF will keep the 74 on for a bit yet. Its just had a new 4 class fit-out
                        QF removed the F cabin in that refurb to match the A380 interiors so these 744ER's that fly QF27/28 are now 3 class birds. Be nice to nab a J class seat in the nose while overflying NZNV

Comment

• I kept a close lookout for QF28 this evening but didn't pick it up until it was east of Tasmania, heading almost due north to Sydney. I assume it passed to the south of us this time. What is offshore coverage like around NZ for aircraft at high altitudes?

Comment

• If you guys want to see how your low level tracking is going have a look at ZK-MBN, a private single engine TECNAM P2008 http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/zk-mbn

In the track from today they are flying up the Manawatu coast line at 1000 feet to Foxpine airfield

Comment

• @kpin
                              Thanks for that, I was watching it first on PlanePlotter and noted its was at 950ft. Fortunately the Manawatu area is very flat and my receiver in Palmerston North has a good view down the coast to Paekakariki before the hills start and obscure Wellington.

We get a lot of GA planes flying up the coast this time of year, 1500' or below, but this aircraft is the only ADS-B one I've seen. Well spotted from Denmark!
                              Michael
                              Palmerston North,
                              New Zealand
                              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• I caught it while looking at movements on Friday afternoon heading toward nelson. At least I think it was that, disappeared around there. I figure one of the many Omaka fly-ins for the airshow

Comment

Working...
                                X