No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems to be a group of aircraft just North of NEw Plymouth that never moves. They appear to be shared by T-F4V and possibly by T-NZPM 1. Sometimes a plane detaches itself from the group and flies down south. Any explanations from anybody?

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
      Seems to be a group of aircraft just North of NEw Plymouth that never moves. They appear to be shared by T-F4V and possibly by T-NZPM 1. Sometimes a plane detaches itself from the group and flies down south. Any explanations from anybody?
      Pete, see this thread;

Saw on the FS24.com today and found lots of flights from T-F4V radar around Bangkok has delayed almost 40 min from actual time such as UL897, TG600. Is that software glitch or mandatory from official to delay the display? Thanks,
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• T-f4v seems to be a worldwide radar system and I guess it has developed a glitch I am finally setup with my new antenna system above Geraldine and am getting very good results, over 150 NM North and 130 NM South and finally good west coast coverage. Considering I am close to a lot of high mountains I am quite pleased. Be interesting to see what mileage I get from the Chile bound plane. It would be even more interesting if the Antactic Globemasters had adsb aboard. At present I see them only in text.

Comment

• That is what F4V is, yes. Another one of 3 supplied data sources of which appears to have gone bad

Should be able to MLAT the C17s now and then if enough of us have them.

Don't forget to change your home location in planeplotter, or the system will start flagging you as sending bad/old data
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            2nd Event in a week..

An Air New Zealand plane bound for Sydney had to turn back to Auckland after problems with its air conditioning - the second Sydney flight hit by problems in four days.
            I was on that plane... On the plus side, I got a whole movie in before landing.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth setting up a receiver at my house in Torbay (Auckland north shore). The view to the south isn't any good (91 element UHF yagi required for tv) and west isn't much better. The view to the north and east is OK, but I'm wondering how much traffic there is out that way to pick up.

Comment

• Picking up a acft 20 NM South/East of Westport called ZK-GWD at 8700 feet which never seems to move. Helicopter??

Comment

• ZK-G* are gliders

Theres a self powered one and a few others that zip over the alps.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Been wondering what NZCH2 has in the way of a receiver as he seems to be able to latch on to most aircraft in the South Is., from near Nelson in the north, to Omarama and just north of Dunedin; also well out into the Tasman I think my little Microadsb is doing well, but hope to get better coverage when I get a Beast

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                    Been wondering what NZCH2 has in the way of a receiver as he seems to be able to latch on to most aircraft in the South Is., from near Nelson in the north, to Omarama and just north of Dunedin; also well out into the Tasman I think my little Microadsb is doing well, but hope to get better coverage when I get a Beast
                    Sbs unit in the roof, connected to short length of ld4-50 coax and a 1 off custom made high gain antenna from a us supplier. To the pc via usb. SO very minimal loss (the cable alone is .3db loss) and a well in sync clock. SO it loves his strong data

Comment

• ' Cant match that!! Have a very good antenna from DD productions in the US, but no SBS and I have 9 metres of LMR400 coax to a microadsb, and usb to pc. Well it is nice to know there is room for improvement.

Comment

• I'm about the same, except 5m of LMR400 and currently a microadsb. My Beast arrived to germany today for repair (and a sigh of relief was heard since its over a week over-due) and a DIY antenna, which does surprisingly well in the summer months as you will see now and then when my upload is chosen.

I've considered a DD (shame everyone is getting them on their own) but the shipping and US pricing is a bit of a put-off. Theres a similar made one from Russia that claims to have less of a close signal loss than other high-gains (the general trade off for high gain is weaker closer)

Comment

• DIY doesn't, obviously, mean inferior as you seem to be the chosen upload for most of the North east. Possibly the shorter cable length has had something to do with it. I am delighted to see my move to the Downs has increased the number of 'text' acft I see; sometimes up to 14 and an average of 6, many more than I was getting in Geraldine. I also have a small VHF radio that I have tuned in to 129.3 and that is continuously full of pilot chat. I am a bit disappointed by PP as when I turn it on the acft seem to appear and disappear in cycles and trying a MLAT is hopeless, especiall;y as all the hyper curves , when I do get a few, all go the same way and never cross. All from Christchurch stations.
                          On another subject, if I do get this Beast and antenna from Fredrik I had thoughts of setting up the antenna in a horizontal manner and turning down the gain to 80 Mv. Might get rid of the null .

Comment

• Yeah the comming and going of Mode-S in the list is the imported data from other feeders every 60seconds I think. If your own sharecode is not listed in the column its pure downloaded from someone else stuff.

And sadly theres no way to change the view of the list to show your contacts only without turning off the ability to even attempt to mlat them

You can press the blue arrows at the top bar if you like, it will change so you are only uploading data and not receiving any from others.

This might interest you, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nzaircraftspotters/

Comment

• I think that based on our existing locations we are going to be hard pressed to get MLAT working well, because of the fact that we are remarkably linear - Pv, x7, L8 and ft are almost exactly on a line that is 150km long - a remarkable coincidence really for 4 randomly placed Ground Stations. Even with d1 at the end, at best we are five in a 'hockey stick' shape.

Looking at the MLAT documentation provided with PlanePlotter, there is a requirement to be both 'plentiful' and 'well distributed', and I don't think we are the latter. The documentation goes on to talk about linear Ground Stations: '... in particular if their distribution tends to be linear, then there may be multiple intersections and the position of the wanted aircraft determined by the Master User, is ambiguous.'

Do you think I'm correct about this?

Hey Oblivion, if you are interested in sharing costs of importing a couple of the antennas, as I'd be interested. If you are, let me know, and then we should work out a way of getting in email contact to sort out how we could do it.

Mark

Comment

• I really should do a re-calculation based on todays rates and the new post US address drop-ship methods you can now use, as they work on weight and not size it could be to advantage to go that way now.

Last time I did some enquiries:
                                9-5-12 Mobileone SAN1090 was approx $30au P&S and $175au for antenna click
                                $260nz

May-12 DPD Productions
                                $150US shipping - "They just raised the rates on us a bit. It would be $49.75 S&H for one. It would be $65.75 S&H for two."
                                ~$250NZ

And http://web1745.kostenlos-onlineshop....ge=en]this guy which looks remarkably similar
                                $270nz

Comment

Working...
                                X