X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KeriWX View Post
    ??? they fly in several times a day.

they sent an ATR 600 up last year around Waitangi Day

(sounds like someone needs to get out a bit more )
    They have modified the pic! It was 747-400 thats been out of commission for aaagggeess lol

And actually updated it with the type
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      They have modified the pic! It was 747-400 thats been out of commission for aaagggeess lol
      Earlier this week the ODT had a story with news of Airways' traffic management investments, however the initial picture was of an Air NZ DC-10 (unfortunately ZK-NZP).
      2017-03-07 13_49_35-Airways NZ unveils $58m revamp _ Otago Daily Times Online News.png

Comment

• Originally posted by asckiwi View Post
        Earlier this week the ODT had a story with news of Airways' traffic management investments, however the initial picture was of an Air NZ DC-10 (unfortunately ZK-NZP).
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8524[/ATTACH]
        Got to love archive photo ownership.

Now, if it was an antiquated system introduced when those birds were the norm, I could see some slight relation. But by golly.
        Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-03-10, 02:21.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• If that DC-10 is in fact ZK-NZP I'm appalled that any media would use the image for other than an article about the actual incident or perhaps something like an annual tribute to those who perished.

Comment

• Nice to hear the Dash8 clear reports as it flies in to Timaru ; 3 flights a day. Makes it easier to track even without Mlats. Wish they would put ads-b into the Dash 8's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
              Nice to hear the Dash8 clear reports as it flies in to Timaru ; 3 flights a day. Makes it easier to track even without Mlats. Wish they would put ads-b into the Dash 8's.
              Would be nice. Whether they do it is another matter. It'll be whichever comes first. Requirement for ADS-B in controlled Airspace or replace them with ATR42 most likely.

Comment

• You'll see a 767 into Dunedin later on for aurora charter late tonight. Couple of firsts being made

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

You'll see a 767 into Dunedin later on for aurora charter late tonight. Couple of firsts being made

That would be an awesome flight to be on.

Comment

• Leaves at around 21.00 and due back in at between 0400 and 0500 24/3 .only selling the window pair seats so everyone gets a view.

Comment

• Any idea how good the ADSB Coverage would be for this Aurora Flight? I know it will be relatively fine from Dunedin down to Invercargill area, but apart from that?
                      Last edited by haydenmarsh; 2017-03-23, 05:16.

Comment

• Originally posted by haydenmarsh View Post
                        Any idea how good the ADSB Coverage would be for this Aurora Flight? I know it will be relatively fine from Dunedin down to Invercargill area, but apart from that?
                        Be about it. Heads SE so will only be as good as coastal cover of Invercargill and gone. Unless it has sat uplink, in which case it may appear on FA

Comment

Be about it. Heads SE so will only be as good as coastal cover of Invercargill and gone. Unless it has sat uplink, in which case it may appear on FA

Ah yeah, just as I thought. oh well. will track it until it falls off the radar :P

Comment

• Originally posted by haydenmarsh View Post
                            Any idea how good the ADSB Coverage would be for this Aurora Flight? I know it will be relatively fine from Dunedin down to Invercargill area, but apart from that?
                            My setup at the airport can get coverage south of Stewart Island at times of QF passing by. I guess the Invercargill boys will be the best bet for further south.I've got to be at work for the 4am arrival,early start.So should get a report on what they saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzdn1 View Post
                              My setup at the airport can get coverage south of Stewart Island at times of QF passing by. I guess the Invercargill boys will be the best bet for further south.I've got to be at work for the 4am arrival,early start.So should get a report on what they saw.
                              Hoping to get somewhat good coverage then, got a couple family members aboard the flight.

Comment

• Assuming the fog doesn't roll in like they had this morning [emoji14]

Comment

Working...
                                X