New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
    Michael, I would love to understand all that Math, but calculus and algebra are on another planet from me. Nice to know some can do those maths and enjoy it ; must be a left brain aptitude , but mine is a right brain and visual.

Did anyone notice the Federal Aviation Admin C680 heading for Antarctica this morning (19/10/16); surprised to see such a small jet heading down there. Is it a first I wonder?
    Nope. About the 3rd year running.

Its with FAA Calibration, they're opening a new runway 'Phoenix' as the old Pegasus one is nearly kaput. Start of the season it heads down to make sure the paperwork marries up with avionics since the ice shelf moves
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Forgot to mention I don't believe it lands. And not long behind it, ICE11 has gone too.

Skiier 72 arrived yesterday, and the 109th posted 2 more enroute overnight last night
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Speaking of calibration...

https://fr24.com/XFX1/b59ac4f over CHC doing the same

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Speaking of calibration...

https://fr24.com/XFX1/b59ac4f over CHC doing the same
          I spotted that over Wellington last week. It's always nice when you spot a smaller aircraft flying around and it's on FlightRadar.

Comment

• And ZK-NFD was doing calibrations at Timaru a couple of weeks back. Nice to see ADSB on a few Microlites too; a little Corby Starlet was in (ADSB)evidence this morning landing at Asburton. Seems to be a general reluctance by private civil aircraft owners to install adsb; "not needed", was the response I got from a pilot at the Ashburton 'fly in'

Comment

• I see FLC88 returning to Christchurch; doesn't seem as if they got to Antarctica as its only been about 5 hours since they left.Problems?

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                I see FLC88 returning to Christchurch; doesn't seem as if they got to Antarctica as its only been about 5 hours since they left.Problems?
                Can happen. Soon find out, if the C17 isn't far behind. But they will fly a lot faster than the 17s, and only do a couple of passes before returning and no freight load/offload. So the normal 11-12hr turnaround could potentially be a lot shorter

Comment

• Anyone else having problems when searching the CAA website with Hex numbers.
                  Comes up with Error, Hex not found

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                    Anyone else having problems when searching the CAA website with Hex numbers.
                    G-INFO is working OK here. I've tried a number of different searches, all delivered the correct aircraft result.

What hex code are you searching?
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                      G-INFO is working OK here. I've tried a number of different searches, all delivered the correct aircraft result.

What hex code are you searching?
                      Is was C823A0, which I have since found is ZK-IER. Was working earlier in the week. Tried a couple of others with the same result. Might be something to do with the update of the New Zealand CAA website

Comment

• Sorry, I should have realised you were searching the New Zealand CAA site.

I'm getting the same error as you.
                        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Long time user, first-time caller here...

Just thought I would say hello before I post any random stuff about goings on in the skies above.

I have been using FlightRadar24 now for years and recently setup my own receiver using PiAware 3.1.0.

My receiver is based out in East Auckland, I don't quite have direct sight of NZAA but still can pick up a lot of ground traffic out there.I have been working quite a lot recently on PiAware working on custom SVG graphics for use with the PiAware website, I have also been working on getting a good database of local and regularly visiting aircraft which enables the correct graphic to be displayed most of the time, there is a thread on the PiAware forum about this, I have even taken requests for aircraft never seen in these skies such as a F16 and Chinook. I am still building out the graphics for rotorcraft and smaller aircraft but most of the biggies covered or something close enough (i.e. using the MD11 for DC10s).

No screen shots just yet as the forum rules say no links until I have posted a few more times...

Comment

• Today is CHCs big day.

With the newest A380 (delivered only last week to EK) dropping in on the new EK412 schedule.

The CIAL have taken note of the past interest in such things as NASA 747 and its popularity and designated a viewing area normally closed off for people to congregate and watch the water arch arrival etc which we're all appreciative of.

Comment

• I watched the departure on FR. Was the taxi out onto the main runway for the crowds sake, or does it need the room around the terminal?

Comment

• Originally posted by chris View Post
                                I watched the departure on FR. Was the taxi out onto the main runway for the crowds sake, or does it need the room around the terminal?
                                It'll be a semi regular thing as long as theres a couple of buildings and planes in the way

Comment

Working...
                                X