No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone must have chopped down a tree or two, as my range to the North has increased. Used to only get to Tasman bay area but now to Taranaki.

tree.JPG

Comment

• Someone didn't take notice of FR24s terms of use for images..

The New Zealand Air Force Boeing at the centre of this morning's mid-air drama has landed safely.

And how long now till they request being ghosted
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Finding a lot of meaningless numbers coming up on PP aircraft view. 2.5-5.7, etc. . They appear for a moment and then disappear. My friend down in Temuka has noticed them today also. Has anyone else noticed them? One number apparently 'Type' 5.7, is permanent and moving slowly up the list towards the top.
        Last edited by Petenz; 2016-08-17, 23:11. Reason: better info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
          Finding a lot of meaningless numbers coming up on PP aircraft view. 2.5-5.7, etc. . They appear for a moment and then disappear. My friend down in Temuka has noticed them today also. Has anyone else noticed them? One number apparently 'Type' 5.7, is permanent and moving slowly up the list towards the top.
          I tend to have shared regs's off to stop dbase being messed with. And not noticed anything until now

19-08 16:22 -New- - N98844 533457

533457 being detected hex
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• The number problem I mentioned has sorted itself out. Normal operation has resumed. May have originated either at the COAA website or in a failing Beast. I am replacing my receiver in a few days time as it is not working at top capacity. (just something noticed with some Beast receivers after a few years service.)

Comment

• have the Antarctica Flights resumed ? I see a few tracks that point towards that being so.

Comment

• Yep. Snd1 was in port last Thurs ready for their daylihht resumes to start after 20th

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Some may have read,

AKL adding A380 capacity, As is CHC

Dropping BKK and going SYD direct while AKL adds a direct and BKK route

Comment

• As is CHC
                    You're kidding!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                      You're kidding!!!
                      Nup. From 30th Oct

AKL doing direct, upgrading a 777 for summer capacity and we gain one too.

Working on the park pad and new gate for it at present.

DUBAI, UAE – 6 September 2016 - Emirates A380s will fly between Dubai and New Zealand five times daily from 30 October with the introduction of the airline’s double-decker flagship aircraft on Christchurch services. Emirates will be the first airline to offer regular scheduled A380 services to and from Christchurch with the upgrade of the cur...

Comment

• I am impressed! Looks like ChCh shares will continue to improve. Emirates have been a reliable customer.

Comment

• Local CAA callsign has been updated again

Shift from Airwork Flight Ops callsigns again (was PAK)

APK
                          AIRPAK
                          Airwork Flight Operations Ltd

Makes for a confused FR24 database when direct linking or searching when not live
                          The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• xfx1.jpg
                            Busy Piper PA-42-1000 Cheyenne 400 at 1720 tonight.

Comment

• Hi Guys...I am a recent spotter who is both old and a bit thick. Everything I search on the forum comes back with "nothing found".
                              Most of what you discuss is foreign to me, but as you are Kiwis I may get a response. We seem to be doing quite well don't we? I have a Raspberry pi radar station set up working with a home made dipole and am quite impressed with it,s performance.
                              I suppose I am hooked because I have ordered a new aerial from Slovakia and a second Raspberry pi, The existing radar will get the new aerial (1.5 metres higher than the home made) and radar two will get the aerial. Now, how will I check on each radar? Will my up time be combined? Will both be called my existing T-NZNR8? Any comments would be appreciated, Probably put this question in the wrong part of the forum but will rely on the locals to help.

Comment

• If they are in the same building it may not be a problem, but traditionally you should email support for a 2nd key to prevent any errors or server deciding you send bad data and ignoring it.

The alternate is use the same feeder from 1 and collate the sources with another application from the 2nd. But that gets tricky and can cuse data processing delays

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X