No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.15 pm just spotted first two Hbals over Hokitika.Very clear to the naked eye.

Comment

• Be a good view from the aircraft going ZQN-AKL and around AKL

I should have cleared my PP screen again for this launch bunch, was full of tracks from the last 3 releases and return passes from ones already circumnavigated so rather messy. But I did load SBSPlotter to see what range I extend out to.

Certainly an odd pattern for them to go near due north.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Very odd - its not odd for there to be a lack of wind at that altitude, but VERY weird for it to be heading north, its almost exclusively westerly winds up that high, due to the Earth's rotation. I wonder if its something they're tinkering with to alter the balloon's paths?

Comment

• Mice in jumpsuits peddling little fans.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Following the isobars by the look of it. Mice would have to wear oxygen masks.

Comment

• Just remember the isobars at the level the loons are at will be considerably different to what we have on weather maps. What we normally see is for ground level, not 65kft.

Comment

• ANZ B789 ZK-NZE has just dialled up ANZ6021 and is pushing back from the int apron at AKL. Looks like she might get airborne today. http://www.flightradar24.com/ANZ6021/3e67cfd. AKL FIDS says she's off to Sydney.
                Michael
                Palmerston North,
                New Zealand
                ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Yeap Seeeeeedney Should be in the air a bit on Sunday/Monday too.

Comment

• Air New Zealand's first Boeing 787-9 ZK-NZE has taken flight this afternoon for the first time since its delivery back on 11 July. As NZ6...

Comment

• Sweet, ANZ6023 ANZ B789 ZK-NZE about to take off for RNZAF Ohakea and spend the afternoon in the circuit close to me!
                      Michael
                      Palmerston North,
                      New Zealand
                      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                        Sweet, ANZ6023 ANZ B789 ZK-NZE about to take off for RNZAF Ohakea and spend the afternoon in the circuit close to me!
                        Thanks for the info!

Was trying to spot it just now.. had a quick look around NZ but it didn't show. Around what time UTC you think it will be around NZPM?

Comment

• Well just checked FR24 and he's headed out toward the Melbourne track with an oceanic squawk, so perhaps the AKL FIDS is not correct!
                          Michael
                          Palmerston North,
                          New Zealand
                          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                            Well just checked FR24 and he's headed out toward the Melbourne track with an oceanic squawk, so perhaps the AKL FIDS is not correct!
                            Aha.. sure is! Thanks again.

Comment

• Just checked FlightAware and he's going out to 164E then coming in to Wellington, then Papaparaumu (PP) then Ohakea
                              Michael
                              Palmerston North,
                              New Zealand
                              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Training approaches by the looks. That far reach on the melb track meant I got a whiff of it too. Adding to dbase now, now I need to find a 787 icon

Comment

Working...
                                X