New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good point, I forget its going to be empty so shouldn't have an issue

Although it may do a jetstar and stop here and there cause it can, and check the international NAVaids. May well find it go via LA

Is that issue still in paper? There was talk the direct to LA flight might have to be canned unless they changed the requirements as AKL was too far if it needed to divert to next closest - BNE
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Dunno, but CHC figures in the 787-9 plan, see http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/futur...t/#!wherewefly
      Michael
      Palmerston North,
      New Zealand
      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Ahh its going western sector. Didn't see that release. Can't find it at hand, but there was doubts back as far as early 2013 the AKL-LAX was a drop too far for standard certification.

8810kms vs 10478kms with requirement to seek secondary port within certain flying hour time

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          And in other news.

787-900 ZK-NZE due in Auckland early morning Monday (rumoured) to some fanfare. ETD (rumor) seattle Sunday Not sure at this stage if direct or a gas-up in the middle somewhere to conform to the yet to be extended? etops.
          Air New Zealand’s first 787 Dreamliner touches down next week. Grant Bradley reports on the airline’s high hopes for its revolutionary new plane.

And in even smarter news..
          http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11287624
          Very good article about the NZ Dreamliner story. Must be exciting times with the B789! Hopefully there will be some pictures of the plane posted on the forum.
          Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-07-04, 02:34. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Scratch that, someone heard wrong. Now been told 787 another week away pending some tests/trial flights still

Comment

• Wonder if they are still having Lithium battery troubles. I have seen rumours that M370 may have been carrying Lithium batteries as cargo. I have them in my hearing aids and so far I have not caught fire.

Comment

• More distance proving. Needs to show it can run the min leg range safely. So a good 14th flight or so

Comment

• Looking at the flight routes for the new aircraft it appears that NZAA to KLAX is still off the agenda for the new Dreamliner?

Comment

• At this point, yes. Last couple of posts between myself and NZRadar discussing that

ANZ have released official routes, which are the western routes to asia. And going by the articles the longer legs are still possibly hampering things.

Comment

• And thats another heavy load of livestock I've missed coming/going from CHC dammit!

Weekends are the only chance I get :/

Comment

• Looks like Google balloon HBAL239 is making a landing near Ashburton.
                        HBAL239.png

Comment

• Aha!

Late June it got extended etops cert, as did the -8, up from 180mins to 330

The aircraft will then be involved in some route proving and crew training flights before a limited number of "surprise" one-off services to Australia begin in August. More extensive long haul flights are expected to begin shortly thereafter.
                          We could see a nationwide tour yet.. giggity!

However, that doesn't say it's been performed on our one

“We're going to fly the [Trent 787-9] F&R ETOPS programme on the first production airplane,” says Ed Petkus, Boeing’s deputy chief project engineer on 787 derivatives development. “There’ll be another F&R programme on the GE version, and that will be on the first GEnx-powered production aircraft.”

Comment

• All that means what? That KLAX is on the cards from NZAA non-stop in the B787-9?

Comment

• Well, originally due to the 180min certification it was off the cards, but assuming both Brisbane and LAX can still be flown to within 330mins of it needed to detour enroute to AKL, possibly But this could well still be outside the parameters.

Back in the day (2011) they had to re-certify the 777 with 330mins, and we started that run (which appears to have needed 240mins). So we can only but assume it will be able to, yes. But with the number of 777s on the EU/US run already. And 3 more on order I guess they are wanting to give the asian visitors the upgraded services early on instead.

Boeing (NYSE: BA) announced today it has received type-design approval from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for up to 330-minute...

Comment

• Talking of certification.....about time the ATR 72 600's got their certs from the OEM's . I sure miss the sight of those planes and it seems so beaurocratic that the ADS-B had to be turned off until certs arrived. I see ZK-WRM flitting about and I bet certification for that transmitter was not a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X