No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHen I say text file, I more mean text based webpage. Got help from Mike/NZPM - he located a java based 30003 listener that is able to dump to SQL tables. From there we run PHP queries to display the data all pretty like in a web page Can do thinks like max distance etc etc etc

Do have VRS on the hosting laptop, but its already under strain with weather stations, webserver, ADSB decoding etc etc I don't tend to run it fulltime. Especially when someone leaked the external link and all of a sudden I was bombarded by overseas asian based not so nice probing traffic Would be handy today however. But some of the corp intranets im exposed to also don't allow non trusted no-ip domains and funny port numbers. So lookup of the web page on my phone it is
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hmm NZ4203 shows on mlat :P

Refer recent auckland news *bombs awayyyyyy*

And ZK-SAL - a microlite appears to be up *adds to dbase*
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Had a visual on 209 @66500, Pictures pending

Now to hunt out 210

/edit and visual
        Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-06-20, 03:27.

Comment

• I have PP running on the home PC with permanent trails so when I get back from work I should see the extent to which I tracked the balloons. Will post a screen shot. BTW have decide to run F-NZPM2 when not listening to HF. A new power supply is supposed to be on its way from FR24 to enable HF/ADS-B harmony.
          Michael
          Palmerston North,
          New Zealand
          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• herc01.jpg

Hmm... Yes, Thats Herc01

Comment

• Yes, had NZ7572 as well today, in and out of Ohakea.

7572mlat.jpg
              Michael
              Palmerston North,
              New Zealand
              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Looks like HBAL211 is coming down (compared to the other ones anyway).
                Last edited by Eule; 2014-06-20, 04:29. Reason: had HBAL11 instead of HBAL211

Comment

• I'm under the eastern approach to Whenuapai, I'd love some MLAT up here. I doubt I'd get an F box, as the view to the south is blocked by a hill and houses.

Comment

• Ask and you never know. I applied after F-NZPM1 was established but still got my FR24 box. Give it a shot Matt.
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                      Will post a screen shot.
                      Not my best piece of work, I had the map centre too fr north!

HiBalls.jpg
                      Michael
                      Palmerston North,
                      New Zealand
                      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Ask and you never know.
                        I started filling out the application form, but stopped when it asked for photos. Haven't had a chance to get back up on the roof since.

Comment

Not my best piece of work, I had the map centre too fr north!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4293[/ATTACH]
                          Looking at your plot it shows why when your disappeared MLAT stopped. You're a key to the puzzle.

It was amazing around midday or so with something like 7 balloons and planes everywhere, MLAT included. NZ looked nice and busy

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt_R View Post
                            I started filling out the application form, but stopped when it asked for photos. Haven't had a chance to get back up on the roof since.
                            I'd also be tempted add a screenshots from http://www.heywhatsthat.com/ showing 'up in the air' plots for 10, 20, 30 and 40000 feet from your location with 'elevation' set to the height that you would put the antenna above the ground.

Comment

• I made it to 254nm from my spot (the tiny dots)

loons.jpg

Comment

• I see ZK-MVC's ADS-B has been turned off and so now we don't see any of the AT76's on PlanePlotter unless, very rarely, we can Mlat them . Still see them in 'Aircraft View' with Mode S. Why ADS-B has to be closed down while it is being certificated by the OEM is just a little beyond me, after all our venerable radar is still operating successfully.

Comment

Working...
                                X