X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by airnrail View Post
    Don't know how many people would have noticed it but Qantas flew B747 VH-OEG from SYD to AKL late last night apparently loaded with fuel and nothing else. According to FR24 it's still on the ground at AKL.
    Just to add to that John, they apparently also sent an A330-200 (VH-EBP) in what is now termed the 'fuel mules'

http://australianaviation.com.au/201...l-to-auckland/

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-09-21, 09:17.

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    Don't know how many people would have noticed it but Qantas flew B747 VH-OEG from SYD to AKL late last night apparently loaded with fuel and nothing else. According to FR24 it's still on the ground at AKL.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Wellywood has had a 787 again today

AKL is listing the divert ports which is cool.

https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/flights

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by airnrail View Post
    You might be better consulting FA in the current circumstances as their data is heavily based on flight plans. For instance there is a Hainan airlines flight 7932 from AKL to SZX currently over the Tasman and clearly heading for Oz to get fuel but FR24 shows the normal route while FA has the flight tagged as being to SYD then onto to SZX
    Indeed. That was my subtle hint that tracking the true diverts are better done.. well. Yep

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• airnrail
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    777s of 6+8 are dropping into Fiji

Track has them where they normally would be, but FA nandi station at low level
    You might be better consulting FA in the current circumstances as their data is heavily based on flight plans. For instance there is a Hainan airlines flight 7932 from AKL to SZX currently over the Tasman and clearly heading for Oz to get fuel but FR24 shows the normal route while FA has the flight tagged as being to SYD then onto to SZX

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Whooops

Tuesday's update shows the problems are broadening, with stopovers in the Pacific depleting supplies there.
    Now they are running them to WLG

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    777s of 6+8 are dropping into Fiji

fuel.JPG

Track has them where they normally would be, but FA nandi station at low level

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    So CHC/WLG is taking care of domestic top-ups. While Intls are now going to divert or stop enroute

Seems next-leg scheduling still ends in some cancelled legs where whats left in tanks doesn't allow, or re-tasked to go to a different centre to top up

Last nights EK was a 1-off with them using melbourne from tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    By my calculations (thanks websites) it still comes up 200k short of the 2nd longest ex AKL. so we can't claim anything there.

A Melbourne voz following it down for gas tonight

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Blast, misread as Doha (world's longest) another 380 is a bit boring

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    I may have to skip some car racing and go out to meet it.. those TE units in akl the new ground car callsigns?

Leave a comment:

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Keep an eye on the international out of akl.

Leak at Marsden Means the pipeline is offline. So may be diverting to CHC or wlg for gas n go.

Sounds like it's currently just the non stop Dubai going to Christchurch. The others will fill up in Australia.

Heard rumours Qantas might upscale planes to A330 so as to tanker fuel over.

Just read something don't 10-15 days to repair. This is going to get very interesting.

They're going to have to truck down all the 91/95 and diesel too!

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Keep an eye on the international out of akl.

Leak at Marsden Means the pipeline is offline. So may be diverting to CHC or wlg for gas n go.

Leave a comment:

• Westone
    replied
    Originally posted by Westone View Post
    Have noticed recently that receiver F-NZUK1 is back on line after a very lengthly break. Not sure if it is still located at the observatory, could be as is climbing up the stats very quickly.
    Also we now have a receiver somewhere in the Te Anau/Manapouri area (F-NZMO1).
    Updated Receiver list available to view at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Leave a comment:

• Westone
    replied
    Have noticed recently that receiver F-NZUK1 is back on line after a very lengthly break. Not sure if it is still located at the observatory, could be as is climbing up the stats very quickly.
    Also we now have a receiver somewhere in the Te Anau/Manapouri area (F-NZMO1).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X