New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
    Noticed that there seem to be three Multi Lat stations set up, or being set up, in the lower South Island and oddly they are now called, in the logos place in Aircraft view ,"NationalGrid" although I do not have anything by that name in my Logos bank in COAA/PlanePlotter.
    Petenz,
    I may be on a totally wrong track here but anything I've seen in regard to 'NationalGrid' has to do with energy production/distribution. Perhaps it's something else entirely. Just a thought.
    Regards,
    Gregg
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• I did see this briefly appear yesterday.
      I can constantly see C87ED6 on my radar, but it's the first time I've seen it appear on FR24.
      2013-12-03 16_58_08- C87ED6.jpg

Comment

• I've seen that and also confused where they are coming from. Especially since I have shared incoming updates turned off!

Very strange indeed.

Sometimes they display blank like this, sometimes with the GND and national grid info

And holy heck, AKL getting all the new Emirates A380s as their early test runs! http://mrcaviation.blogspot.co.nz/20...rst-timer.html
        Last edited by Oblivian; 2013-12-04, 05:14.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• An update from my friend in Airways, the Southern segment MLAT/ADSB project (south of Chch) went live today. In theory this means the reference sites won't be transmitting as they won't need reference data as they'be been set up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            I've seen that and also confused where they are coming from. Especially since I have shared incoming updates turned off!
            Craig, you shouldn't be too surprised, you're on the flat in CHC and this test site is on a hill to your south west so on days when microwave frequency propagation is good, you are going to see them picked up on your own radar. I've seen this one quite often on FR24 over the last few months.
            Michael
            Palmerston North,
            New Zealand
            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
              Craig, you shouldn't be too surprised, you're on the flat in CHC and this test site is on a hill to your south west so on days when microwave frequency propagation is good, you are going to see them picked up on your own radar. I've seen this one quite often on FR24 over the last few months.
              Oh, I mean the strange bit is the magical adjustments of names/types to my local database
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• C87ED1 is now broadcasting its location name - it is the multilateration site at High Peak, near Gore.

Comment

• Happy New Years all

I had an email saying that my "F" box had shipped yesterday and I see that there is now one in Palmy Nth (Mike?).

Cheers
                  Colin

Comment

• Didn't realise anyone else was still applying since we had a heap of their donlges in use already...

Still won't help us with Mlat tho being in a line like we are. Just faster-than-everyone-else data

Comment

• Calling nelson/Tasman PP uploader 'hc'

It would appear by the amount of shared data I am getting from planeplotter there is a sharer out on farewell spit way (motueka/takaka) that has some extreme cross-sea coverage. Out to 400nm from my position. Going by the tracks well past the first row of coastal waypoints and north to auckland.

PP admins advise me he is a FR24 feeder also, (possibly using a FR24 box with upload to PP enabled) however have not been able to tell which radar it is (may be over-powered by some of the other ones). For this reason they do not have a direct contact email

We are hoping they read this area of the forum and would be keen to go through the motion of enabling MU status of their unit. They are in a prime spot to overlap with wellington/palmerston north/christchurch contacts and give us triangulation for MLAT (within PP) around the northern part of the south island.

May even help with coastal ones between them, Geraldine and christchurch to cover mid country west-coast flights too!

At present I am a super master user (MLAT calculation host) but with the amount of data in/out being quite sporatic we don't actually resolve any on server side and only see the occasional hyper-curve rough locator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                        Calling nelson/Tasman PP uploader 'hc'
                        I recall T-NZNS1 being active some months back. They were able to track Nelson flights really low. Maybe you can get FR24 to relay a message.

Comment

• Not guilty M'Lud!

I've no idea who it is Colin, sorry.
                          Michael
                          Palmerston North,
                          New Zealand
                          ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• I have just noted that none of the Mount Cook operated Air NZ flights (AT76 - NZMxx) have route information any more. So departure and destination airport is missing. I'm not sure when I last saw it. Right now I was just trying to find a Nelson flight to see if T-NZNS1 is active, but the flight numbers are all missing.

Any clues?

Comment

• Since the change to the automated routing information (purchased from 3rd party supplier).

I've made it known in the behing-the-scenes area that there is an outstanding issue but as yet noone is sure how to address it. Problem is here in kiwiland we once again do things that differ from easy/the rest of the world.

Air new zealand runs the ticketing and sales of the flights. The aircraft themselves are subleased from their own companies.
                              ATRs = Mt Cook Airways (Mt Cook or NZM)
                              B1900 = Eagle Airways (Eagle or EAG)
                              Dash-8/Q300 = Air Nelson (Callsign Link or RLK)

In Mt Cook terms, this means they get their own NZ only ICAO callsigns they can use. And Being NZM are transmitting and calling up as such (ATC "Mt Cook 1" = NZM001). But in reality the flight numbers with routing information, are prefixed with NZ since they are the supplying sales company. In this example it would be NZ5001. Now NZ5xxx denotes a Mt Cook Service. NZ2xxx Eagle Air, NZ8xxx Air Nelson

So the system it is asking for flight numbers starting NZM and it doesn't have a clue what NZM is. But if the query was changed to ask it what NZ5001 is it will say straight away.

Comment

• ANZ636 and SIA297 had to go around at CHC today, in blustery norwesters. The ANZ was a A320 on runway 29, while the SIA was a 772 on 20, so different runways and were trying to land within 15 mins of each other. Anyone have pictures ?

Comment

Working...
                                X