New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deconz View Post
    Saved myself a trip into the roof space ... turns out I just needed to reinstall zadig.exe and I'm back on the air :-)
    Good to hear you both are well and transmitting.

In other news: F-NZAA1 is now online. However T-NZAA2 and T-NZAA8 are still taking their fair share. I discovered that T-NZAA8 can see ground traffic on Whenuapai

Comment

• And still too far away from any other F- to be able to MLAT..

ZK-OXC arrived into the country today too.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Updating RT1090 to the latest beta version has extended my reach to DUD to the north east and saw AR1180 EZESYD on my 150nm marker to the south west this arvo!

Comment

• I've applied to put an F receiver in Wellington, not sure if it will help any with the MLAT though. Given the 2 in Chc and Akl it will be interesting to see the response I get from FR.

sent from my phone that isn't an i anything!

Comment

• Theres 2 in CHC? I've only seen one. And myself and T-NZCH2 appear on the outskirts of its range
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Sorry, meant one each in Chc and All :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by baznz View Post
                I work for an Airline at NZQN and often use FR24 to track locations of our A320s,we dont get the new ATRs so cant track them.
                Good to see NZQN1 on,we usually loose coverage when the aircraft cross the Pisa Range near Cromwell.
                Airways Corp have MLAT coverage in the area,can anyone advise would a receiver in Cromwell fill the gap?
                NZNV provides good cover of departures if NZQN not available.
                Here you can see what the problem is around Cromwell with approach from the north:
                The Cromwell Assignment 2.JPG
                Reception is lost by F-NZQN when the aircraft is approaching Cromwell and descending eastbound below 8.000 feet, then picked up again overhead the airport as it circles to land on RWY 05. If it had landed on RWY 23 it would most likely not have been seen again.
                The straight green line I highlighted is just FR24 connecting the dots. Depending on the exact location a receiver in Cromwell would likely be able to fill part of the gap where they turn back towards QN.

Comment

• AR1180 appears to be having trouble knowing where it is...

2013-11-28 15_39_35-AR1180 GPS issues.jpg

Comment

• Oh dear, we been blessed with one of *those* ones have we.

Their data is often ignored/banned cause its reported so bad. Faulty transponder on about 3 of that fleet

Comment

• It's Aerolineas Argentinas, what do you expect? :P

Comment

• ZK-OXC making money on the run since Sat

And 777 has rolled out this morning with the hobbit stage2 decals. A large dragon

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          ZK-OXC making money on the run since Sat

And 777 has rolled out this morning with the hobbit stage2 decals. A large dragon
                          The 'dragon', compliments of one of our chat members;

A Boeing 777-300 aircraft with the 54 metre (177 feet) long Dragon emblazoned on both sides was unveiled in Auckland this morning, making Kiwis the first in ...
                          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Nice vid, thanks for that. Great looking aircraft too!

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
                              Nice vid, thanks for that. Great looking aircraft too!

No worries and I'm with you- got no idea what all those i thingies are or that tapitalk stuff- it might as well be in greek for all the good it is to me. (No offence to Greeks meant here, I am just utterly technologically challenged).
                              Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-02, 00:50.
                              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Noticed that there seem to be three Multi Lat stations set up, or being set up, in the lower South Island and oddly they are now called, in the logos place in Aircraft view ,"NationalGrid" although I do not have anything by that name in my Logos bank in COAA/PlanePlotter.

Comment

Working...
                                X