New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dsp View Post
    There is a major New Zealand Networking conference in Nelson at the end of January (nznog.org).
    I could put out some feelers and see if any of the attendees would be willing to host a box
    Yes, go for it. Even if FR24 can not supply the new F-receiver to such 'remote' places, I'm sure they would be happy to donate dongles. And if not, I might be able to source some.
    We could also do with a few extra receivers around Queenstown. There are some blind spots especially on the arrival to runway 23. If we could find somebody around Arrowtown, Cromwell and Clenorchy that would be good.
    But in reality anybody should be welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Some lucky devil has a FR box in CHC. F-NZCH1

Interestingly even though its based on a fast beast just like mine, it's made us all redundant appart from the shorter range where we still see NZCH2
      Maybe yours can be brought up to the same speed with a firmware update - worth asking?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by YWYY View Post
        I too share your feel of redundancy, I am in NW Tassy, and have been sharing for a couple of years. In Sept a F-xxxx box appeared at Albury on NSW / VIC border.
        Thats 300 nm from me, and I have seen on FR24 that data from this box is preferred - at 300nm, than my data at overhead. Also I dont see much data from sharers around S/E Vic any more
        Mike
        The operator of the "Albury" feeder has advised a week or so ago that his installation is actually at Bairnsdale, Victoria hence the coverage into Tassie.

Comment

• The astute would have noticed an influx of mil aircraft today.

C130s from Singapore, Aussie, NZ a US C17 to name a few all flew to Timaru region today.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Operation Southern Katipo is in full swing from Yesterday . US ,French, NZ , Singapore, and Australian forces in cooperation as they have never been before, OR since Anzus got the chop. 2500 extra mil types all over this area, with road blocks too. Wonder who we are going to invade next?

Comment

• And a baby is born

13-11-2013 18:23 New Contact - SXI1348 C820AB

Suspect thats ZK-MVD
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

And a baby is born

Suspect thats ZK-MVD
                I tend to agree
                ZK-MVD reg.JPG

Comment

And a baby is born

Suspect thats ZK-MVD
                  It was ... soon we'll have a 4th ATR to track :-)

Comment

• That F box down in Chch does make you wonder about the decision making processes at FR just a wee bit Might apply for one here in Welly too perhaps

My BBB/Beast combo is working a treat I have to say, now I just have to do something about the antenna feed, looks like I had a dodgy connection over the last week or so reducing coverage significantly - fixed yesterday.

Just noticed F-NZPM1 - well done that person!
                    Last edited by 41south; 2013-11-15, 00:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
                      That F box down in Chch does make you wonder about the decision making processes at FR just a wee bit Might apply for one here in Welly too perhaps

My BBB/Beast combo is working a treat I have to say, now I just have to do something about the antenna feed, looks like I had a dodgy connection over the last week or so reducing coverage significantly - fixed yesterday.

Just noticed F-NZPM1 - well done that person!
                      Yes one would expect coverage with FR24 receivers to be at least good but quite a number has been like umm... How they got approved? Still it is difficult to get things absolutely right and hindsight is a beautiful thing. Ya why not give it a go applying.

Yup BBB with decodeadsb with beast is doing well for me as well. Credit to blort blort really for his tiredless work.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post

Yup BBB with decodeadsb with beast is doing well for me as well. Credit to blort blort really for his tiredless work.
                        Agree 100% with that, he's doing a great job and it's been a rock solid combo here.

sent from my phone that isn't an i anything!

Comment

• Just spotted a NASA P3 out and about somewhere, reg N426NA (A51316)

Comment

• Yep it was CHC, forgot all about its pending arrival.

Going down to do testing over the ice

Its trackable too, saw it in hickman yesterday.

Platform tracking for the NASA Airborne Science Program.

Comment

• A Singapore C130H just paid a visit to Welly, 76E30E, CONDOR61. It's great seeing all these visitors about.

Comment

• T-NZHN2. New kid on the block?
                                T-NZHN2.GIF
                                Welcome to the show

Comment

Working...
                                X