New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
    Skier 72 is also on its way to McMurdo. Wonder what ZK-SUH is up to at ChCh ; circuits and bumps?
    747 freighter pilot training. based out of Akl but expect to see her for a few days

and there was 4 c17s on the deck over the weekend now they have money flowing
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Freighter training is interesting. ZK-SUH usually shares the SFO run with ZK-NBV (or occasionally a 777-200). AirNZ is training external pilots or something ?

Comment

• I have had an apparent Orion of the RNZAF in the Timaru area all morning going from o feet to 4000 feet and back again; it sometimes has a call sign of KIW72 and shows no registration; I cannot understand what it actually is; does anyone have a clue about this? The hex is C87FO7 which doesn't compute.
        Last edited by Petenz; 2013-10-29, 23:08. Reason: more info

Comment

• Possibly doing some prep work for the big exercise coming up in November?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlatEarth View Post
            AirNZ is training external pilots or something ?
            I heard a year or three back AirNZ was looking to offer training for Star Alliance partners, as most airlines are running out of military retiree's to hire for pilots, so its a possibility.

Comment

• 07 = P3K NZ4301

Yes, chartering one of the 2remaining 747s for overseas companies.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I seem to have lost the NTP settings and though I can update NTP, I cannot restart it; anyone with ideas? My IO settings are correct

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                  I seem to have lost the NTP settings and though I can update NTP, I cannot restart it; anyone with ideas? My IO settings are correct
                  What are you running on?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I am running on XP 64 bit using a Telecom router Thomson Gateway 102e38. I have tried using PF Config and my IP is static.Still cannot restart NTP

Comment

• Windows NTP is supplied as part of windows - see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w32tm.aspx examples on how to configure it.

It should be fine on static or dynamic IP addresses, A PC that recieves it's time from NTP should not need any additional firewall config since it sents out a request for information and the receives a response (it would be different if you were running an NTP service that was accessible to others on the internet)

Please see http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/ to find out where the best time source(s) for your world region is (for NZ use "1.nz.pool.ntp.org, 1.oceania.pool.ntp.org, 0.oceania.pool.ntp.org")

If you are using third party software, uninstall / reinstall?
                      Last edited by peterhr; 2013-11-01, 07:54.

Comment

• The next ATR 72-600 for Air New Zealand on a test flight around Toulouse:
                        ZK-MVD test flight.JPG

It would be nice to have better coverage in place for Nelson, New Plymount, Hamilton and Rotorua. All regular destinations for MVA, MVB and MVC already.

Comment

• There is a major New Zealand Networking conference in Nelson at the end of January (nznog.org).
                          I could put out some feelers and see if any of the attendees would be willing to host a box

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                          The next ATR 72-600 for Air New Zealand on a test flight around Toulouse:
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]2839[/ATTACH]

It would be nice to have better coverage in place for Nelson, New Plymount, Hamilton and Rotorua. All regular destinations for MVA, MVB and MVC already.

Comment

• Some lucky devil has a FR box in CHC. F-NZCH1

Interestingly even though its based on a fast beast just like mine, it's made us all redundant appart from the shorter range where we still see NZCH2

Comment

• I too share your feel of redundancy, I am in NW Tassy, and have been sharing for a couple of years. In Sept a F-xxxx box appeared at Albury on NSW / VIC border.
                              Thats 300 nm from me, and I have seen on FR24 that data from this box is preferred - at 300nm, than my data at overhead. Also I dont see much data from sharers around S/E Vic any more
                              Mike

Comment

• Ce la vie I spose. Nothing to get sour over

I wasn't appearing much as it was (more or less using it log and supply people at the other end of the country with movement info more) with my relocation and lowered antenna (got a bit stormy recently). And I have the poor laptop chocked up so much with extra data logging/hosting etc its no surprise even with as little as 4ms average jitter on NTP its still never going to beat the timestamp of a GPS unit

Just thought it odd to have them appear in an area that with little traffic that was fairly well covered compared to other parts of the world (and no chance for MLAT without considerable spread to the other side of our lil country) and to find it still process it as fast with the core processor being the same as the beast sitting on my window with a fibre connection.

Comment

Working...
                                X