No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As in, even though it, like quite a few others around the world happily broadcasts their location and details etc that we all capture locally, as soon as the data is uploaded it is stripped. And all you see online is GLF4 as the callsign, 00000 as the hex and no registration.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      As in, even though it, like quite a few others around the world happily broadcasts their location and details etc that we all capture locally, as soon as the data is uploaded it is stripped. And all you see online is GLF4 as the callsign, 00000 as the hex and no registration.
      For details of blocking of information - see the note at the foot of this page http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works (it's not a subject open to discussion in the forums)

Comment

• Uuhm.. Super mod. Well aware of the going's on and rules and to what that comment is directed at

That's to stop all the people asking why and saying how wrong they think it is. Heck, I've closed some of said threads with the explanations to the point.

What I was pointing out, was due to this requirement all are now done, including ones who are broadcasting the info regardless. And answering the query.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• My understanding of ADS-B and its reason to be , was that it enables aircraft to be tracked very closely as a safety factor for ALL equipped aircraft and the passengers travelling in the said acft. What I cannot understand is why this withholding of information on positions cannot be discussed on this forum. The only information I have found on reasons for 'blocking' is this small quote:-
          Blocking

For security and privacy reasons information about some aircraft is limited or blocked.

I hope and assume that Air Traffic Control is not subject to those same 'blocking rules' as us amateur ads-b enthusiasts. Perhaps in the future we will all need security clearances to continue our operations.
          Last edited by Petenz; 2013-10-19, 20:53. Reason: further info

Comment

• Yes. You are correct. Atc are not as they are an intended recipient of the technology and it's purpose. We are just an offshoot with no right to the data ;l

Anyway back on track. Faa jet here to calibrate Antarctica. And more trips due now

Comment

• Perhaps we have no RIGHTs to the data, but in the unlikely even of an acft disaster we may be very helpful especially if, as some of us retirees do, we personally monitor the flights by ads-b and VHF quite often.
              Glad to hear that more Antarctic flights are scheduled. It was good to be able to plot that Aussie 319 for about 250 Nm South.

Comment

• KingAir 7122 heading off shore to the south-east with a squawk of 0264 - heading overseas? Chatams maybe? I just lost him at 100 nm out, but T-NZNR1 still has him.

Comment

• He's right on track for the Chathams. Wonder if our country's esteemed leader is onboard given where its going?

Comment

• And NZ7123 now following with another off-shore squawk of 0271, although on a slightly more northern track
                    Last edited by 41south; 2013-10-20, 21:37.

Comment

• Nice to see (in aircraft view anyway) the Globemaster on its way to the antarctic again. I guess it is too much to ask for the US airforce to install adsb ; don't want the terrorists to know where we are.
                      I notice NZ7003 a C 130 of the RNZAF is heading down there too
                      Last edited by Petenz; 2013-10-21, 23:11. Reason: New info

Comment

• yep kiwis need stuff more urgently, so send her down. has tanks attached

Comment

• ATR cn 1111 and 1112 has just been delivered this week. ZK-MVD is 1117, so any day now!
                          1117.JPG

Comment

• RCH530 cruising past Welly at FL370 - Boeing C-17A Globemaster III USAF/105th AW 137th AS New York ANG? Apparently it has a bit of history having been hit by a missile at Baghdad/Iraq, 2003-12-09
                            Last edited by 41south; 2013-10-28, 20:50. Reason: Spelling!

Comment

• This morning RCH30 with call sign ICE30 and at 28000 feet went down to the Antarctic; apparently the missile must not have damaged its capabilities too much. I think I lose it at around 240 NM. Skier 82 followed shortly after .

Comment

• Skier 72 is also on its way to McMurdo. Wonder what ZK-SUH is up to at ChCh ; circuits and bumps?

Comment

Working...
                                X