New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by airport View Post
    It is a reference transponder. Typical MLAT system has one or two reference transponders for synchronization and monitoring of the whole system. http://web1.see.asso.fr/Jissa2005/fo...papers/2-1.pdf
    Not correct - if that was the case we'd be seeing High Peak as well, as it is a reference site, installed and operating. There was 5 stations around ZQN that I know of, no more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Easily fixed. Will get them to flag with a tower type and a different icon or hide it altogether.

Was that VH-BUR? I think thats a legit visitor
      I remember seeing somewhere it was an Airways aircraft.

Comment

• VH-BUR is doing an imperfect circumnavigation of ZQN at 35000feet. Missed my position going approx 12 miles North of me and continuing out to sea.I lost it 50 miles from Stewart Is and about 50 miles from the Catlins. I guess this has to do with mapping and calibrating the various Mlat stations being set up around the South of the South Is. My easterly and southerly distances are getting a good workout as I got QF A28 at 242 NM yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
          VH-BUR is doing an imperfect circumnavigation of ZQN at 35000feet. Missed my position going approx 12 miles North of me and continuing out to sea.I lost it 50 miles from Stewart Is and about 50 miles from the Catlins. I guess this has to do with mapping and calibrating the various Mlat stations being set up around the South of the South Is. My easterly and southerly distances are getting a good workout as I got QF A28 at 242 NM yesterday.
          I saw him out over the Fiordland coast earlier on. I agree it'll be to make sure the ZQN system is spot on perfect before final commissioning of the other sites.

I had Aerolinas Argentinas south of Stewart Island just before too, coming up on a course of almost 320 degrees - must have taken a VERY southerly route!

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
            VH-BUR is doing an imperfect circumnavigation of ZQN at 35000feet.
            Here's a screenshot of the VH-BUR circle.

2013-09-15 14_15_54-www.flightradar24.com_VHBUR.jpg

Comment

• Here is a presentation about Air Traffic Control with the ZQN MLAT system mentioned on page 9.

And this is a press release from the Czech firm ERA who are delivering the system http://era.aero/news/99/59/WAM-exten...ovided-by-ERA/
              Last edited by Kpin; 2013-09-15, 05:53. Reason: more info found

Comment

• Interesting. I have a semi-recent image here from a source only showing 5 sites, with one of those sites having a reference and hub as well. Ah well.

Comment

• That pesky little plane symbol on Mt Studholme is still trying to confuse me. I was hoping that PP would somehow designate it a better icon such as a small triangle like a cairn. I wonder if the fact that I have Nic Storey's better plane symbols installed has had a deletorious effect on the normal PP plane symbols?
                  Wondering too when ZK-MVD is going to show up as it was scheduled for September this year.Can't be too far away, hopefully.

Comment

• Unless you flag it differently its still a plane as far as Planeplotter is concerned - It doesn't know it as a static device. If you manually edit your basestation.sqb and make it a type code it doesn't understand the icon could potentially just disappear.

Not been spotted off the line so far.
                    Requests:- -A320 White, on test area -A320 on production line (behind 9287), mate fuse and wings -A320 Primer, tailless in midfield hangars -A350 Singapore fcs, on test area -A350 Singapore tail cl…
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Jeepers.. and its still going! Some hefty range

nv2.jpg
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Jeepers.. and its still going! Some hefty range
                        Not bad for a 9 element homemade unloaded collinear just stuck to the office window with some electrical tape eh?

Comment

• That or server was playing hang-on to the last uploader trick again. Cause not long after another went to about the same spot but under CH2

Comment

That or server was playing hang-on to the last uploader trick again. Cause not long after another went to about the same spot but under CH2
                            That seems to happen a fair bit. I've watched many an aircraft that I was tracking carry on into the Tasman long after I've actually lost track.

Comment

• ZK-OXB has been rolled out with the new livery and wingletts on this morning (was seen yesterday with them removed)

Currently being filmed by media from a helicopter as they stage it taxiing past #1 hangar. So keep an eye out on the news. Will post a rubbish pic of it tonight.

And Dassult Falcon M-RONE also on the deck here now for a day or 2 from queenstown

ZK-OXB.jpg
                              Last edited by Oblivian; 2013-09-24, 02:04.

Comment

• Hi team,

I now have approval to do MLAT via PP. Anyone on the South Is ready to have aplay and see what we can do?

Cheers,

Brent NZCH2

Comment

Working...
                                X