Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That'd probably be about right, if you consider the great circle

Comment

• Especially nice as the new AT72 occasionally fly into Nelson and T-NZNS1 can track them right down to the runway.
      ZK-MVA at Nelson.JPG

Comment

• If anyone happens to see T-NZWN5 pop up on the tracker - it's a second setup I have running in 'shakedown' mode at the moment. It's a dongle (E4000 currently) running on an RPi with Dump1090 and FR24 linux feed app. I may try and convince one of my fellow ham radio fraternity up Palmerston North way to host it so we fill that gap again I just want to make sure it's stable and reliable as a station first.

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
          If anyone happens to see T-NZWN5 pop up on the tracker - it's a second setup I have running in 'shakedown' mode at the moment. It's a dongle (E4000 currently) running on an RPi with Dump1090 and FR24 linux feed app. I may try and convince one of my fellow ham radio fraternity up Palmerston North way to host it so we fill that gap again I just want to make sure it's stable and reliable as a station first.
          Good on you!

It's a pity that FR24 don't make a preconfigured stable image available for what is now almost a standard hobbyist setup - would be especially useful for those less technically adapt at configuring a Linux system from bits they can 'make' (I'll probably get banned for saying that again )

Comment

• If I can get some start up scripts and that cron restart job sorted I'd be happy to make an image available that should almost be plug and play. Still a bit of testing to go before that though

Comment

• I have a setup that works, running on an 8gb card. If I take my radar id out of the script -it could do the job. It could do with a more informative version of dump1090 though.

I'll have a go at the w/e ... tomorrow promises to be an intersting day trying to find if the latest version of vranger has the same issues as v6.0.1 writing ti CIF share storage on windows 2008 server. (but that is way off topic)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Sounds great - no rush, I'm having fun playing

Anybody know what equipment is running on T-NZAA8 and where its' sited - it has one heck of a range.

Looks like CHC must have had some fog, I see a whole heap of diverted/delayed aircraft heading down there this morning. Those Post guys won't be used to flying in daylight!

Comment

• Correct, fogged in from about 11 last night. All the AU flights were sent to wellingoton along with PST43. Even the rescue chopper had to transfer a patient at a school in Shirley as the usual heipad in the park and airport were fogged
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Fantastic to see T-NZPM1 back on line

Comment

• Hi 41South, All,

I'm running an SBS-3 fed by a DPD Outdoor Vertical antenna and connected with about 6 metres of LMR-400 cable. I'm super pleased with the range! So far the best I've seen is flights at 38,000' cease tracking over Farewell Spit.

I'm in Hillsborough and have reasonably good views to the Airport. Further out I lose signals to the west due to the Waitakeres but I see NZAA-2 in particular tracking them for miles anyway. North and east are pretty good too though there's not the traffic density out there to get a clear picture of coverage just yet as I've been setup for a week only.

I've had the SBS3 and antenna in their boxes since last year... figured I better fix the existing holes in the roof before making any new ones! Glad to be finally contributing.

Regards, Bryan

Comment

• good to have you on board man! As you see we have quite a good local group being a small country and often share info on this thread
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
                          If I can get some start up scripts and that cron restart job sorted I'd be happy to make an image available that should almost be plug and play. Still a bit of testing to go before that though
                          Hi, I've done an image with write up here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24 - might help (will certainly help those less familiar with Linux).

My radar is now running from the image.

The doc has the scripts you need on P7 and the cron job setup details on P8.
                          Last edited by peterhr; 2013-08-25, 06:37.

Comment

• Anyone know what this entity is (in red on screenshot)?

It has been sitting there not moving position for the past 30 plus minutes or so to the NW of Waimate, and is often changing between 27° and 208° track directions.
                            The feed is changing between NZTU1 and NZTU2 every 20 seconds or so, and when it does, that's when the tracking direction changes.
                            NZTU1 - 27°
                            NZTU2 - 208°

Registration (C87ED5)
                            Altitude 0 ft
                            Vertical Speed 0 fpm
                            Speed 0 kt
                            Track 27°
                            Latitude -44.6415
                            Longitude 170.9106
                            Radar T-NZTU1
                            Squawk N/A

Any ideas?

2013-09-04 17_09_36-static_entity.jpg

Comment

• mmnope, hopefully he can check his logs and enlighten us later on if it was actual or a glitch.

Those directions are almost a 180deg shift which is too flip-floppy to be something actual.

Comment

• I saw something sitting at Auckland Airport the other day, very similar rego (C87EE1), no details, address doesn't belong to any known airframe, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X