No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OXA is on its way as NZ6399 - in Oman (Muscat ?) at the moment.

Comment

• Noted New Radar: NZAA6

Comment

• I have noted that FR24 has updated its plane symbols

Comment

• Indeed. Mike advised that recently on either here or one of their social media feed posts

BizJets have their own now etc.

BTW. ZK-OXA in akl, due first run start of July
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi all, just a quick update on BPF's. After using the little mini-circuits commercial offering for a while I received Guenters home made "beast" 3 pole filter a couple of days back. It's probably a 100 times bigger than the mini one and is built in a piece of rectangular aluminium section - but it works very well. Better in fact than the mini. Shipped to NZ it was around $122 NZD, not bad a for a hand made and tuned bit of kit. I'll post a couple of pics tonight.

Comment

• Range increase or just a lot stronger singnalling from our icky 900mhz gsm
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi all, just a quick update on BPF's. After using the little mini-circuits commercial offering for a while I received Guenters home made "beast" 3 pole filter a couple of days back. It's probably a 100 times bigger than the mini one and is built in a piece of rectangular aluminium section - but it works very well. Better in fact than the mini. Shipped to NZ it was around $122 NZD, not bad a for a hand made and tuned bit of kit. I'll post a couple of pics tonight.
                Did you build and fit the software to the Miniadsb or are they able to be bought assembled and ready to use with the 3 pole filter? Is this system comparable to the Beast?

Comment

• I'm running The Beast not a miniadsb. Guenters 3 pole and the mini-circuits BPF will work with any receiver

20130703_134539.jpg20130703_134515.jpg
                  Photo's of the BPF with the mini-circuits one on top.
                  Last edited by 41south; 2013-07-03, 02:00.

Comment

• Noted new radar T-NZMK1 (Motueka). Welcome aboard.
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Might have to look into one of these filters Push the limit that much more.

No shortage of feeders around canty now! Seen at least 8-10 independant upload IDs.. and I'm blaming my new weather station/SW on the FR24 laptop for dropping me off as the 2nd primary feeder. PC restart puts me back on the air for a few days. but for now NZCH2/3 booming in.

I've been pondering on an idea for a few days of a "Show your setup" thread, primarily for description of setup and picstures to go with them. Might have to do it eh, with the number of technical questions/answers people have been helping out with recently. Your pics are the sort of thing I was thinking, and antenna setup/cabling tips etc.

Might get onto that, could be beneficial to startup users wanting to know whats involved with some visual aids.

Comment

• Radar T-NZDN4 spotted. FR_20130703_T-NZDN4.jpg

Comment

• Band Pass Filters are only useful if you have interference with your adsb setup. If you only get a small amout of interference I have been told that a BPF insertion will do the opposite of what you are looking for.
                          I agree with Oblivian about 'show and tell' for newcomers. http://www.nzradar.com has an excellent setup and is happy to show it online. I have a few pics of what I have here and will insert them soon; after I have charged my camera battery!!

Comment

• Sweetas. I'll start a thread when I get some daylight shots of my own this weekend. (or use old ones as place holders for time being) and migrate them to it (or let you re-post)

There have been some other setup pics in another thread about a bloke we are helping to boost height and test antenna/kit with a wooden plank. So its likely to be beneficial to all to see what works and does not.

Just means a bit of work for mods to keep an eye on it and keep it clean from other discussions regarding them.. will make an additional one for that.

Like "Show your ADSB Setup" and "Discuss the Show your ADSB setup thread" or similar for Q&As where the poster can have questions directed at them

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                              Sweetas. I'll start a thread when I get some daylight shots of my own this weekend. (or use old ones as place holders for time being) and migrate them to it (or let you re-post)

There have been some other setup pics in another thread about a bloke we are helping to boost height and test antenna/kit with a wooden plank. So its likely to be beneficial to all to see what works and does not.

Just means a bit of work for mods to keep an eye on it and keep it clean from other discussions regarding them.. will make an additional one for that.

Like "Show your ADSB Setup" and "Discuss the Show your ADSB setup thread" or similar for Q&As where the poster can have questions directed at them
                              Oblivian,
                              That's a stroke of genius considering the number of queries we're getting (many across a number of threads as you say) and what would appear to be a much needed idea and service to many. One benefit of it is also that it gives the likes of myself (simple) to put things in more of a layman's terms for those that might prefer it or for you guys who have more technical expertise to do your stuff as you do so well. So there's room for everyone to contribute their bit. BTW I've never claimed to be a techspert so if I ever post anything that requires correcting, go right ahead and do so. I was waiting for somebody to explain what a 'BPF' was from an earlier post and once I saw it realised I'd studied the things but that was the best part of 40 years ago. The two thread combo seems to me to be the way to go.
                              Might even throw in a pic of my antenna/mast setup downed by the storm late last year as a warning not to get the dodgey brothers (myself and my son) to install them. Once again apologies for butting in on the NZ thread.
                              Thanks and Regards,
                              Gregg
                              Last edited by fungus; 2013-07-04, 02:30.
                              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• I'm happy to loan out the mini-circuits BPF if anyone thinks they are suffering interference and would like to give it a go.

In my case it's being around 400m from the entire NZWN navaid site :-/

Colin

Comment

Working...
                                X