New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auckland's Radar still not working.
    Last edited by podi413; 2013-06-09, 04:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by podi413 View Post
      Auckland's Radar still not working. luckily I answered the call for a dvb-t stick if this is how reliable our auckland feeders are.
      I'm not sure that we need to be casting aspersions on our AKL operators until we find out what is happening.
      Regards,
      Gregg
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Now now, then being offline now and then shouldn't be taken as unreliable or angry posts on a reflection of their reliability. It is not a requirement to feed 24/7. Faults happen, as do people going on holiday and not wanting to risk fire etc.

I actually think the 2 main AKL feeds are at commercial premesis at a height (they get over 400nm) and likely not accessible by the operators during weekends.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Ok. Sorry. Post Edited

Comment

• Does anyone when the last time someone seen these T-feeders online?

Radar: T-NZAA1 - Auckland Airport (Auckland) (NZAA / AKL)
            Radar: T-NZAA2 - " "
            Radar: T-NZAA4 - " "
            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
              Does anyone when the last time someone seen these T-feeders online?

Radar: T-NZAA1 - Auckland Airport (Auckland) (NZAA / AKL)
              Radar: T-NZAA2 - " "
              Radar: T-NZAA4 - " "
              http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post27827
              Someone on facebook told me that they were watching Singapore Airlines and Malasyia Airlines descend into Auckland Yesterday and everything just dissapeared. Singapore Airlines landed at 10:26 yesterday so probably around 10:00am
              Last edited by podi413; 2013-06-09, 05:13.

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
                It seems AKL's radar operators have all slept in. Time will tell. As far as I know all Australian and New Zealand radars are on the same server so it doesnt seem to point to a server issue.
                Regards,
                Gregg
                WSSS is in which server ?
                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by podi413 View Post
                  Someone on facebook told me that they were watching Singapore Airlines and Malasyia Airlines descend into Auckland Yesterday and everything just dissapeared. Singapore Airlines landed at 10:26 yesterday so probably around 10:00am
                  T-NZAA4 Is back in operation. Planes appear around St Heliers then dissapear and come back at Clevedon for their finals down onto the runway.nzaa4.jpg Only about 25% of the traffic in that area is displayed though.nzaa4 comparison.jpg

Comment

• Am aware of the operator of NZAA4, he is away from home for work on a weekly basis so will often be on-again off-again.
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                      WSSS is in which server ?
                      Sorry Birdie I dont know. Tech support may be able to answer that one if you shoot an email off to them.
                      gregg
                      Last edited by fungus; 2013-06-09, 22:19.
                      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Another aerostat launch from Tekapo this morning. Currently at FL170 and rising...

Comment

• Anyone knows why recently the airplane track lines are dropping-off randomly? Its being recorded but then disappears. Upon next click on airplane the tracking would start on the point of click. It happened before, but now it is regular event. And I have feeling that here (NZ area) it happens more often than in Europe. fr-20130610_track lost.jpg

Comment

• Had similar with the baloon up earlier. It was bouncing 20,000ft at a time. One can only imagine in that instance there was 2 going up at once with same IDs. Being non AC

But the tracks over Teakpo were zooming all over the joint. Its as if the back-tracking over different receiver data is causing issues

Comment

• Originally posted by PALTDNNZ View Post
                              Anyone knows why recently the airplane track lines are dropping-off randomly? Its being recorded but then disappears. Upon next click on airplane the tracking would start on the point of click. It happened before, but now it is regular event. And I have feeling that here (NZ area) it happens more often than in Europe. [ATTACH=CONFIG]2219[/ATTACH]
                              Happens a lot with around Amsterdam EHAM as well.
                              Even turned on my own receiver to compare. My guess: a server problem, probably related to data.

Comment

• Two balloons today but with unique hex codes 777091 and 777092 this time. ChCh control warned a flight to NZTU of "weather balloon traffic" in the area.

Comment

Working...
                                X