New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
    This excellent chart would show ALL aircraft not just Domestic. I reckon, in my bumbling way, that 86% of the ANZ domestic fleet, inclusive of subsidiary fleets, are not equipped with ADS-B so ANZ has a lot of catching up to do. As a lot of domestic flight is over sea, plotting exact positions is a must. I am rather surprised that the Deep Freeze aircraft are not equipped with ADS-B.
    It was easier than I thought to modify the program to extract the data for Air NZ only... The chart shows ALL ANZ aircraft averaged over the four days to noon today. At the same time it recorded that I received 66 different ANZ a/c and 16 of them were equipped with ADS-B - of those, 5 were used internationally so that left 11 out of 61 for domestic flights. That's still a big improvement compared with when I first got a microADSB stick back in Oct 2011...
    I recently heard from someone who took a DVB-T stick to the US and was surprised by how few a/c had ADS-B there - at SFO it was only 5 out of 85 at one point !
    AirNZ.jpg

Comment

• I recently heard from someone who took a DVB-T stick to the US and was surprised by how few a/c had ADS-B there - at SFO it was only 5 out of 85 at one point !
      That's not so hard to believe. For some reason the USA is slower at implementing ADS-B than here in Australia- something like 2017-2019/20 from memory compared to our December 2013. Not that I wish to boast it's just that we usually lag well behind the USA with technology, not the other way around.

BTW, excellent job with the graph. In the 5 years or so I've had my radar here I'd have been interested in knowing the change over that time period.
      Regards, and apologies for butting in from this side of the detch
      Gregg
      Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-28, 02:04.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• According to my database this month only, there were 10,451 flights with no positions and 2,842 with positions.

Which means 27% of Mode-S equipped flights were also ADS-B equipped.

And for ZK registered flights the percentage is 17%, not bad for a small country like NZ!
        Michael
        Palmerston North,
        New Zealand
        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
          According to my database this month only, there were 10,451 flights with no positions and 2,842 with positions.

Which means 27% of Mode-S equipped flights were also ADS-B equipped.

And for ZK registered flights the percentage is 17%, not bad for a small country like NZ!
          A certain percentage of the ad-b equipped aircraft though may be aussie registered.
          Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-28, 04:12.
          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• As Fungus suggested, JetConnect is a Qantas subsidiary and is an Aussie although still with a ZK registration.

Comment

• Just sightseeing? fr-20130531_akaroa.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by PALTDNNZ View Post
                Just sightseeing?
                I'd say she's been in the workshop and was on a test flight.

Regards,
                Gregg

Comment

• o.0 NZCH8 and NZCH10 appeared now with near ground traffic. We have achieved saturation in CHC

Incase people were not aware, the call has gone out for 25 DVB-T/ADSB units available to NZ for distribution. SO if you know of people in remote airport areas serviced by ATRs.. pass the word on to get in contact with the FR24 team.

Preferably not part timers

SO NZCH1,2,3 regular, odd 4 (5 is my 2nd one not currently in use) and now seen 6,8,10
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    o.0 NZCH8 and NZCH10 appeared now with near ground traffic. We have achieved saturation in CHC

Incase people were not aware, the call has gone out for 25 DVB-T/ADSB units available to NZ for distribution. SO if you know of people in remote airport areas serviced by ATRs.. pass the word on to get in contact with the FR24 team.

Preferably not part timers

SO NZCH1,2,3 regular, odd 4 (5 is my 2nd one not currently in use) and now seen 6,8,10
                    I have been thinking of a way to cover the whole of New Zealand from Kaitaia to Te Anau.

The solution would involve some of the 80+ private weather station operators who are publishing their weather metrics 24/7 and therefore have the PC equipment (short of the dongle), Internet connection and some computer/data collection experience already - although maybe not a aviation interested (yet).

I believe 41south in Wellington has been a working part of that community. Maybe somebody could approach the weather station community.
                    Last edited by Kpin; 2013-06-05, 19:48.

Comment

• I'll post a message on http://weatherforum.org.nz - I know someone in Tauranga who might be interested.

I wonder if the SOFIA aircraft (N747NA) has ADSB... nothing recorded on FR24.

Comment

• Oh they beating that drum again.. I was originally advised an ETA of the 15th not the 12th.. so guess will have to be on watch that entire week.

Flight aware has seen it as late as the 4th http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N747NA
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• According to a NASA article it had an avionics upgrade late last year to "be in compliance with current airspace regulations throughout the world" ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Templeton View Post
                            According to a NASA article it had an avionics upgrade late last year to "be in compliance with current airspace regulations throughout the world" ...
                            At the moment there is no requirement to force them to have their ADS-B activated, if the aircraft is so equipped. If it visits Australia after December 2013 it will be required to have a functioning ADS-B as it is capable of flying at or above FL290.

Comment

• Originally posted by Templeton View Post
                              According to a NASA article it had an avionics upgrade late last year to "be in compliance with current airspace regulations throughout the world" ...
                              An American friend love to tell me this:

" If it is not broken, don't fix it. "
                              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Just when I thought I had some bad data decodes today.. turns out this was possibly some sort of test.. given the GPS comes back conveniently to a carpark.

adsbhit.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X