No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qf 28 just landed in CHC after diverting east of Dunedin.Fuel shortage or a sick passenger?

Comment

• QFA28

did divert to NZCH, medical incident - Ambos responded to Arrivals Hall
      Attached Files

Comment

• And I have been informed by a logging member, it did the exact same thing, this time a year ago. And same aircraft. Spooky!
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• She lives!

Air New Zealand A320-232 with sharklets (MSN 5629)reg will be ZK-OXA. The first A320 for Air New Zealand with sharklets came ferry from Toulouse on it's fir...

Notice the 2nd actual landing she has the emergency generator fan (RAT) going underneath!
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• ..and looks just like a 737
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• No blocked runway just thick fog and no wind to move it.
              Originally posted by Petenz View Post
              Looks like Dunedin has a touch of the Christchurch fog today ; NZ671 doing circles North of OMARU waypoint.ZK-MVC due today.Correction: not fog as I thought but some sort of blockage of the runway; they mention a Mt Cook plane.

Comment

• ZK-MVC is on its first flight after delivery as NZM926 - looks to be heading for Nelson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Templeton View Post
                  ZK-MVC is on its first flight after delivery as NZM926 - looks to be heading for Nelson.
                  Now it look more like Auckland. However NZ926 is a CHC - WLG flight. The crew might need some more training setting that code on the flight computer. Should probably be NZ508 /NZM508
                  MVC first flight 1.JPG

And here is all three of them ...
                  MVC first flight 2.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                    Now it look more like Auckland. However NZ926 is a CHC - WLG flight. The crew might need some more training setting that code on the flight computer. Should probably be NZ508 /NZM508
                    The flight number was NZ_M_926 which translates to NZ5926 - probably a test flight. It was descending from FL110 just south of Nelson when I lost contact which is why I assume it landed there.

Comment

• Same as the previous ones probably. They all Completed RNAV calibration etc int the ports its likely to service.

Yep. On its way back. Probably find it do a trip to DUD/IVC too
                      Last edited by Oblivian; 2013-05-22, 22:59.

Comment

• Just been interviewed by a local paper on our hobby of monitoring South Is flights using ads-B . Seems to be more interest in this and especially when I told them that conventional radar is supposed to be phased out by 2021 and that ads-B will take over Air Traffic Control from that date, or earlier in some cases. Surprise also at the low number of commercial aicraft with ADS installed. No Air Nelson and no Eagle Air and only a few Boeing 737's. Three new ATR 7 600 are equipped, with plans for more to come later. I will try to work out the actual percentage of domestic ANZ flights that are ads equipped. Bet it is close to only about 10%.

Comment

• A while ago I wrote some software to process the PP log files to plot activity recorded by my detector. The attached chart shows the number of unique aircraft received in each 10 minute block averaged over 4 days ending at noon on the 18th May.
                          aircraft.jpg

Comment

• This excellent chart would show ALL aircraft not just Domestic. I reckon, in my bumbling way, that 86% of the ANZ domestic fleet, inclusive of subsidiary fleets, are not equipped with ADS-B so ANZ has a lot of catching up to do. As a lot of domestic flight is over sea, plotting exact positions is a must. I am rather surprised that the Deep Freeze aircraft are not equipped with ADS-B.

Comment

• Dunedins turn this morning

at76s.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                                Just been interviewed by a local paper on our hobby of monitoring South Is flights using ads-B . Seems to be more interest in this and especially when I told them that conventional radar is supposed to be phased out by 2021 and that ads-B will take over Air Traffic Control from that date, or earlier in some cases. Surprise also at the low number of commercial aicraft with ADS installed. No Air Nelson and no Eagle Air and only a few Boeing 737's. Three new ATR 7 600 are equipped, with plans for more to come later. I will try to work out the actual percentage of domestic ANZ flights that are ads equipped. Bet it is close to only about 10%.
                                Hi Pete,.
                                would be interesting to know what the Kiwi Papers
                                say about us.
                                And Kia Ora.
                                (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                                1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Working...
                                X