Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westone
    replied
    Updated Receiver list available to view at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing[/QUOTE]

A few additions and a large number no longer active (Coloured Red)

Leave a comment:

• Westone
    replied
    Cantby 2.11.19.JPG

Busy morning in Canterbury

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Hopefully the current workaround for the RLK/NZM callsigns FR24 have implimented doesn't need too much of a massage

Air New Zealand has made the decision to align all aircraft operations under a single Air Operating Certificate. From 19 November 2019 ...

Entire regional air new zealand fleet is changing from the current NZMxxxx and RKL flights to purely NZ8 and NZ5 like it use to be before ADSB smarts.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Something to be aware of that is on the horizon if you are Planeplotter user - Some NZ ISPs are starting to bump people to a technology called CG-NAT
    Where you no longer get a public IPv4 address. But a local-network like one from the ISP. And the data from the internet is stopped before it gets to you and only information you first requested is sent to your router.

What does that mean? No more data from the internet back to your machine on non-standard ports directly without requesting it first.
    That is - No Master User status or RAW MLAT results in Planeplotter
    No local web page hosting (Dump1090 from internet etc)
    No remote control of your machines (without a 3rd party cloud solution)

Most Wireless based ISPs will have this already (and mobile providers)
    And now 2Degrees has announced it is on the horizon.

Despite most people being on a public IP now, and not costing any more - can likely expect the normal charge of $10 a month extra to keep it (but yet to see what 2D come up with)
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-08-31, 22:42. Reason: Remove piaware, that uses 2-way connection

Leave a comment:

• baznz
    replied
    Originally posted by petermcguire View Post
    Try this list by Westone worked for me.
    I am a feeder based in Alexandra

Thanks Baz that is a helpfull web site, I send data to FR24 and also Flight aware now, My antennas are now over 9 metres, and max distance tracked is 150 nm, I cant get more because of the mountains. Can I ask what sort of range do you get there?
    Peter McGuire
    Hi Peter
    I am in a similar situation to you with mountains around ,my range is around 160nm to the north and northwest so I see a lot of inbound traffic into NZQN on my receiver.
    I imagine theres not many adsb equiped aircraft operating in the TeAnau area yet,I am seeing more helicopters and sightseeing aircraft operating out of NZQN and NZWF appearing on FR24 maybe pressure from Airways for them to equip.
    Having receivers in Milford and another in Glenorchy T-NZQN3 has helped improve coverage over that way.
    Regards

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• petermcguire
    replied

Thanks Baz that is a helpfull web site, I send data to FR24 and also Flight aware now, My antennas are now over 9 metres, and max distance tracked is 150 nm, I cant get more because of the mountains. Can I ask what sort of range do you get there?
    Peter McGuire

Leave a comment:

• baznz
    replied
    Originally posted by petermcguire View Post
    T-NZMO1 Here based in Te Anau, Is there a way to find out where other radars in NZ are, I track up to 100nm, get Queenstowm, Invercargill,airports,, and track flights
    Aus to Santiago. Ch to singapore, and the NASA plane some nights.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by captain salty View Post
    I saw a quad-jet Qantas fly over ChCh about 5.15pm tonight. Not sure if it landed or was sightseeing?
    Landed. Unknown diversion. Boards have it leaving in the AM

Leave a comment:

• captain salty
    replied
    I saw a quad-jet Qantas fly over ChCh about 5.15pm tonight. Not sure if it landed or was sightseeing?

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    If I read it right the front is due with 30kt gusts through peaks. So probably a bit unstable on the way down

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Westone
    replied
    Qtown2.8.19.JPG
    NZ611 Having another go at landing from other direction??

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    No true ADSB transponders. Likely mode-S only (or older modeC)

So you only get height and not position.

Leave a comment:

• petermcguire
    replied
    I am in Te Anau , set up with rasp pi and 9 metre pole, new to this and still learning, best range about 114 nm, I track helicopters around Queenstown but cant get the local ones here, any one know why that is like that.

Leave a comment:

• petermcguire
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Oh hey, you must be one of the glider gap fillers. Welcome

Not really, other than Here where a few of us have said, or if plane plotter owners and registered location on the global map.

Everyone's sort of secret squirrel.

I am new and set up with rasp pi and 8 metre antenna, I was interested to follow helicopter movements around here, I am a few hundred metres from Southern Lakes Helicopters Hanger, and have many flights a day passing our house each day and some nights. The gliders are maybe just out of range or maybe altitude a bit low for me.

I should add that I do recognise some of the local traffic,on the pi, but nothing seems to show on FR24
    Last edited by petermcguire; 2019-07-19, 09:08. Reason: additional info

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Oh hey, you must be one of the glider gap fillers. Welcome

Not really, other than Here where a few of us have said, or if plane plotter owners and registered location on the global map.

Everyone's sort of secret squirrel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X