No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info on the radar towers. I agree totally that it looks like a decode error.

Comment

• The same day(April 15th) I picked up ARG 1180 passing over Cape Palliser near Wellington I tracked an aircraft from Queenstown to a point roughly over Parliament Buildings. Does anyone know what it was as I was absent from the computer at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
        The same day(April 15th) I picked up ARG 1180 passing over Cape Palliser near Wellington I tracked an aircraft from Queenstown to a point roughly over Parliament Buildings. Does anyone know what it was as I was absent from the computer at that time.
        If it's the one I saw it was a Falcon heading for Napier

Comment

• If you come across C81FCC callsign 87878787* on your radar it's ZK-LFW the Life Flight Wellington Jetstream J32 air ambulance

Comment

• Good ol bandaids (cool livery if you get to see it)

If you are really unlucky and get the C90 ZK-FDN, I think it has 2 transponders and sometimes sends out the HEX that relates to C-FLOJ instead

(C01E82 vs correct C81E82)

Makes it hard to account for in the database SQB as you can't have identical HEX or Reg
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I have picked up C-FLOJ twice now and it appears to be a Canadian reg., but is unable to tell anything about it.

Comment

• Yeah, its not C-FLOJ. Its ZK-FDN
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Ouch. That's a blow to us and Boeing. But I was waiting for it after AWAs testing and the subsequent battery issues arising.

As the rule for Extended Twin-engine Operations (ETOPS) now stands, Air New Zealand will not be able to fly its new Dreamliners direct from Auckland to the United States or Canada without a stop or a significant route change.

Comment

• No reason given for lowering ETOPS by this Michael Huerta ; it will hit Boeing hard too. Perhaps the FAA want 4 engines not two in future for oceanic crossings. I mean the old 747's are going direct from Sydney to Santiago.

Comment

• Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• NZ5057 (ZK-MVA) cancelled landing in Dunedin at 1025ft and went to IVC instead (visibility?) FR_2013_04_21_NZ5057.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                          No reason given for lowering ETOPS by this Michael Huerta ; it will hit Boeing hard too. Perhaps the FAA want 4 engines not two in future for oceanic crossings. I mean the old 747's are going direct from Sydney to Santiago.
                          AirBus made the correct bet - in designing the A380.
                          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• My bandpass filter should leave the US today. It's this one from Mini Circuits https://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/VBFZ-1065+.pdf I had it shipped Fedex ground from NY to CA where I have a "Shipito" address then to NZ via Fedex. USD$39.90 for the filter and about the same for shipping. Now I just hope most of my issues are out of band ones

Comment

• You have been covering the NZAA1/2 shortfall well recently. Between you and Mike in Palmy regardless. Even saw you tag one as far as Kaikoura (whether that was fr24 fibbing I'm not sure)

On another note. I noticed my Planeplotter was automagically downloading data as well as upload recently. On inquiring it turns out my good PP uptime of uploading to them, meant I was a good candidate for a superMlat station which requires it and they had enabled me as one

So the PP guys have looked at how many we have here uploading now and have turned it on for us to see if we can get some mode-s locating going. Although the straight line spread we are in may not help. Hes also going to contact the 3 remaining non GS certified stations and ask them if they want to assist and help them open routers etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                                On another note. I noticed my Planeplotter was automagically downloading data as well as upload recently. On inquiring it turns out my good PP uptime of uploading to them, meant I was a good candidate for a superMlat station which requires it and they had enabled me as one
                                I also appear to be enabled as a Sector MU going by messages in the PP status bar and the listing on this page: http://www.nicstorey.co.uk/planeplotter/SMU%20Status

In addition to our straight line spread, we don't receive enough ADSB a/c to make Mlat possible most of the time - PP uses their unique position messages to identify common mode-S messages.

Comment

Working...
                                X