New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I found the right path to go down

a) run adbs.exe (runs on tcp port 47806)
    b) run virtual radar server, connect data source to tcp port 47806
    c) run inside virtual radar server via options: rebroadcast server, format BaseStation, port 30003
    d) run fl24feed.exe and connect to tcp port 30003

Now all I need is some aircraft - not much happening in Welly this time of night so I can't get FR24 verification.

Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

• It should fire itself up pretty quick in about 2hrs. When post fly AKL-CHC and you get the 2x intls into WLG from aus
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Up and running

The antenna is pretty basic (supplied dongle whip taped to the window ) but it will do for the first steps.

Comment

• Yeah as I submitted that I looked and thought.. theres on on the deck and 1 gone past and 1 on the way.. should be 3 if good distance already

You shall be addicted and be striving for that range shortly I have a DPD 10dB gain purpose coaxial winging its way to me now from the US to replace my DIY with 180nm max range
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Where has the rest of the world gone? I can only see the bit from Guam back to Iceland.

Comment

• I am only seeing FAA traffic, no feeders.
              Cheers, Dom. (YSSY7)

Comment

• Random act of kindness.. Results in new toys!

Someone approached me after my antenna post, asking if I wanted to arrange a multi ship to NZ of a DPD 10dB. A few months later his partner visited the US and he arranged for in-country delivery to her hotel and subsequent hand delivery back to NZ in luggage.

Thanks Mark!

IMG_3766.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  Random act of kindness.. Results in new toys!

Someone approached me after my antenna post, asking if I wanted to arrange a multi ship to NZ of a DPD 10dB. A few months later his partner visited the US and he arranged for in-country delivery to her hotel and subsequent hand delivery back to NZ in luggage.

Thanks Mark!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1907[/ATTACH]
                  Wow, you must be overjoyed! Such a kind person to do that... saved you quite a bit of posting fee!

Incidentally, I thought DPD antennas are 9 dbi?

Comment

• Opps.. Might be 9. But whats 1dB between friends

Not too overjoyed so far for the price. Only got it at about 1/2-2/3 the height my DIY antenna was due to weather and no strengthening ropes. Results in Solid signal compared to it, but similar distances so far. Max about 185NM

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                      Opps.. Might be 9. But whats 1dB between friends

Not too overjoyed so far for the price. Only got it at about 1/2-2/3 the height my DIY antenna was due to weather and no strengthening ropes. Results in Solid signal compared to it, but similar distances so far. Max about 185NM
                      ah yes... I thought yours is a special made to order lol.

I suppose it is still early days, and Mike at NZ Radar had good coverage from it so I am sure yours will be the similar when it's properly mounted. Enjoy!

Comment

• My very 'low tech' installation appears to be working quite well. It's a R820T based dongle running adsb#, virtual radar server etc. The antenna is just the one supplied with the DVB-T unit so nothing special at all. I've just picked up NZM1 at Taihape and can certainly see aircraft at FL300 and above from around New Plymouth so very pleased.

This is the view from my balcony, the antenna is mounted just up to the right of the picture. Now for a bigger antenna

Comment

• Oh wow, nice view. I noticed a NZWN2 broadcasting ground data yesterday afternoon. However there was also some bung track errors. So we may need to weed out the cause of that.

1 flight went from approach from the west, to looping back on itself, to magically being at the end of the runway, then back to the start and taxi the length again.

Comment

• Yep, I saw those too, not sure what went on. I did have the antenna inside, not sure if that had any bearing on events and I haven't seen a repeat so far. I changed the 'confidence' setting in adsb# to "3" today which is certainly bringing up the frame rate and capture distance, hopefully it's not sacrificing data quality.

Comment

• 198NM to those wee blips at OYSTA

All in all better northern eastern passage coverage, and tiny bit further but most certainly stronger to the west.

Watched it in an easterly today get a bit of a wobble on. So I want to find something to secure it a bit before cranking it up another 1.5-2m or so

ppDPD.jpg

Comment

• Hi Oblivian, I notice that you seem to have a lot more tracks and waypoints from Wellington to Queenstown; are these 'out files that I can install by using a GPX overlay? And if so can you point me to where I can download the files required. Congrats on your increased range Northeast past Nelson. I don't even see past Ns, ever. Enjoying Nic's new Plane symbols on PP.
                                Thanks ,
                                Peter

Comment

Working...
                                X