New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
    ... Haven't seen anything lately of our Invercargill friend ...
    Sorry I've been off air with a loose antenna connection (now in the roof space) mainly as I'm not looking forward to yet another unpleasant journey in the narrow confines of my roof space! Also I'm off to AKL on Saturday for a week and am not comfortable with leaving my computer on while I'm away.

Keep an eye out for me back on deck Mon 18/02/13

Comment

• Originally posted by deconz View Post
      Sorry I've been off air with a loose antenna connection (now in the roof space) mainly as I'm not looking forward to yet another unpleasant journey in the narrow confines of my roof space! Also I'm off to AKL on Saturday for a week and am not comfortable with leaving my computer on while I'm away.

Keep an eye out for me back on deck Mon 18/02/13
      That's a very appropriate warning especially in a system where we like to keep our computers and receivers running as much as possible. I had a desktop some years ago that my son was playing a game on when a large capacitor adjacent the CPU went up in smoke, sending plumes of smoke and flames shooting out the rear vents for the fans- I'm very glad he was on it at the time (perhaps for the first time I ever was mind you) and alerted me to it or we'd have probably lost the house. Those roof spaces arent getting any larger either.

Enjoy the break,
      Gregg
      Last edited by fungus; 2013-02-07, 06:38.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• I've switched to a desktop machine that I can feel safer about leaving on 24/7. Consequently I have a new share code on PP which is DB

Comment

• Glad to see you back again DB; do you have a GS/MU status?

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
            Glad to see you back again DB; do you have a GS/MU status?
            Cheers! I thought since I use a dongle that exact timing was an issue that prevented MLAT?

Comment

• Depends on the dongle. TV dongle yes, GNS unit or bullion, not so much.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Reached a new low.

Bear Grylls goes wild in our Bear essentials of safety video. He even spots a giant creature thought to be extinct!
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I had to use a program called NTP-4.2 to get the time exact enough for MLAT. Also I had to use a program called Port Forward to properly align the router before I could become GS/MU. Then you have to ask for inclusion as a Master User. It was quite a business, but seems to be worth it as I am linked into other MU's enabling me to see acft well above my own receivers capabilities. I only see planes for Invercargill up to the 100 NM , about just south of Dunedin. When they go into your area I don't see a contrail, just a few dots and occasionally the plane itself for a second or two. Going North I am able to track acft almost to Nelson and within a few miles of Wellington, mostly because of the 'sharing' ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    No worse that the Hobbit one Craig. Good to see so much activity in NZ from my second home in Denver.

Brent

Comment

• This is true, tho the hobbit had me giggling

Kind of get lost with this one, watching whats going on more than comprehending the safety tips. One would hope its a reallly long taxiway, else they might find it running short.

Good to see Invergiggle online. Watched a JST climb out of the valley around late Wakatip with no issues

Comment

• Wonder where Oblivian went? Ft seems to have disappeared from the sharer panel.

Comment

• Oops. In the great "HDD ran out of space" episode of 2013 it seems PP didn't restart the upload button on fix/re-launch

Fixed

Comment

• Now I see youCan't trust computers ; they have a mind of their own!

Comment

• Hi all,
                              Just getting started with FR24, have received my R820T based dongle and fired up adsb#. Can I use the FR24 feed app and connect direct to that adsb# via it's default port (47806) assuming I set that in the FR24 app? Or do I need to use the hub app as well?

Cheers
                              Colin

Comment

• Believe there needs to be a go-between app in the middle to output the AVI format. Unless thats what it does already on that port. I compiled a lot of the posts into 1 area here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...Tuner-Decoding

Comment

Working...
                                X