Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcra
    replied
    Cannot understand why anybody would not want to have a user name. Get real and give yourself a title so that we can see your stats!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Broke my shortcuts lol

Now a link instead of a direct script. http://www.caa.govt.nz/script/air-reg-query/

Leave a comment:

• Westone
    replied
    I see that CAA have today updated there website. Some different info now available

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Petenz
    replied
    Made up the Slovakia antenna and it works very well on my smaller mast. Ranges commensurate with my professional antenna on the tall mast. Fiddly to make up, but rewarding. Considering I used this antenna with a Microadsb receiver the results were great.
    Last edited by Petenz; 2016-10-10, 08:53. Reason: More info

Leave a comment:

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Alcra View Post
    The antenna I bought was of very professional quality and the price was very small, however I stand by my original statement. I run two radars and its very easy to compare performance on the FR readouts and my home made dipole which is mounted one metre below the Slovakian antenna is performing better, The dipole cost $8 NZ to make.
    I found before I put the FlightAware Pro Stick and especially bandpass filter. It took a massive hit in received messages when I was doing some side by side inside comparisons, compared to the cheap whip antennas that come with everything.

Also playing around with gain settings. I think I'm on auto these days, when on max it didn't do that well if I remember correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Alcra
    replied
    The antenna I bought was of very professional quality and the price was very small, however I stand by my original statement. I run two radars and its very easy to compare performance on the FR readouts and my home made dipole which is mounted one metre below the Slovakian antenna is performing better, The dipole cost $8 NZ to make.

Leave a comment:

• MrMac
    replied
    Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
    First link is the new one with N connector I think,

http://www.m.ebay.ie/itm/Antenna-ads...911?nav=SEARCH

I'm using this one on 2 sites with good results, almost the same as the FR24 or FA collinear but half the price. A bit simpler in construction and may not last as long though.

But there is nothing wrong with the tuning or gain, it's definitely better than any dipole and most home-built collinear.

Haven't tried the shorter antennas from "stanislav", see no point in using a lower gain antenna unless you are severely restricted in available space.

/M

Leave a comment:

• Alcra
    replied
    Thanks, yes my Slovakian antenna is as described on your second unit, it has the three screw in ground planes. Its range is not as good as my home made dipole. Also as you said it does not pick up as many hits as the dipole. Bit strange considering its fine tuned at factory for 1090mhz,

Leave a comment:

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
    Yeah, got a USB one, which has a MCX connector and the dongle sits inside the base.

Also have one with N female at base, with the 3 spikes on horizontal.

Both have FlightAware pro stick and bandpass filter, which does help. The get both get same range, positions on FR24 stats. Compared to FR24 Box, they just get less positions.
    First link is the new one with N connector I think, second is the USB enclosure one.

Antenna ads-b collinear great gain for usb dongle flightbox discounted price | Mobile Phones & Communication, Radio Communication Equipment, Antennas | eBay!

Leave a comment:

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Alcra View Post
    Anyone out there using the Slovakia antenna
    Yeah, got a USB one, which has a MCX connector and the dongle sits inside the base.

Also have one with N female at base, with the 3 spikes on horizontal.

Both have FlightAware pro stick and bandpass filter, which does help. The get both get same range, positions on FR24 stats. Compared to FR24 Box, they just get less positions.

Leave a comment:

• Alcra
    replied
    Anyone out there using the Slovakia antenna

Leave a comment:

• Petenz
    replied
    Aeronexus came through our skies today wearing South African colours; picked ZS-... up at 261 NM due east, lost it at 90 NM (bloody S Alps) heading towards Sydney.

Leave a comment:

• Petenz
    replied
    Whoops.

Someones got some explaining to do
    When dealing with Chinese living in China who knows what pressures they have to make a a living. Nice for PAC to make a sale, but NZ's large friendly neighbours will be asking hard questions no doubt. Good job Murray McCully was not involved. (or was he?)

Leave a comment:

• nzfatmatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Whoops.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11721444
    Rather interesting. Would be interesting to see if any of the trackers have some info on what it did before disappearing into north Korea.

Not a good look for PAC. I'm sure they are investigating as they said in the article they don't want to be doing things like this. I think any future deliveries to China will be on hold for now.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Whoops.

Foreign Affairs officials are investigating how a New Zealand-made aircraft turned up at a North Korean military air show painted up in the hermit state's colours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X