No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Deconz, Saw your connection to QF27 tonight from Puysegur Point to almost to where I picked it up zt 200 NM ; I tracked it in a sort scratchy manner to 255Nm, well south of my position. Be interesting to see you on PP, though I guess you are using AdsbScope to start. Good to be able to put a name to Lj , Brent, also NZCH2. You seem to have a great coverage of the South Is, especially north of my position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
      Hi Deconz, Saw your connection to QF27 tonight from Puysegur Point to almost to where I picked it up zt 200 NM ; I tracked it in a sort scratchy manner to 255Nm, well south of my position. Be interesting to see you on PP, though I guess you are using AdsbScope to start.
      Thanks Petenz. I found when you took over to when you lost it was most impressive indeed! I'm not using AdsbScope (yet) ...

QF27.jpg

Comment

• Just seen N83TY, a Dassault Falcon tri jet, of Viper Aviation , land at Timaru Airport. It is the first time I have seen (on the Plot) an acft land at Timaru. Amazing! He did a dummy approach first and then a fast 180 degrees and landed from the South on RWY02.
        Last edited by Petenz; 2013-01-11, 08:07.

Comment

• I'm sharing from today on PP as *_

Also data sharing with Planefinder now

Comment

• what about cW its a new one ... *_ is not a sharer code, cW is currently tracking ZK-MVB on its first return flight. Left CHC around 0900.
            I see N83TY is parked up on the apron by the flight kitchen / courierpost corner before @1000 when I was there

Comment

• what about cW its a new one ... *_ is not a sharer code, cW is currently tracking ZK-MVB on its first return flight. Left CHC around 0900.
              I see N83TY is parked up on the apron by the flight kitchen / courierpost corner before @1000 when I was there

Comment

• Originally posted by NZWND NDB View Post
                what about cW its a new one ... *_ is not a sharer code
                cW is me!!! When I hovered over my first lock of the day (JQ224 ZQN/SYD off Fiordland) it showed up as *_ I guess it was still deciding what to call me

Comment

• Originally posted by deconz View Post
                  cW is me!!! When I hovered over my first lock of the day it showed up as *_ I guess it was still deciding what to call me
                  The reason why it's shown as *_ is actually mentioned in the Planeplotter HELP file, no less

It speaks thus

"If the data was received locally by your own receiver, your share code displayed in the User column will have the first symbol replaced by an asterisk (*)"

There you go.

Rich

Comment

• Glad to have you aboard cW. Hope we can link up with a Link flight to Invergiggle.

Comment

• Swung by on my way home tonight.. Just as CTM1161 was arriving.

IMG_20130112_205927.jpgIMG_20130112_205800.jpg
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Very late sign of cW today on the Link flight to Invercargill. I lost it just on 100NM SW and was expecting to see cW pick it up from there. I think he needs a really good antenna to get at least 75Nm towards the NE
                        That Dassault Falcon 50EX is certainly a beautiful aircraft. Thanks for the fine pics Oblivian.
                        Last edited by Petenz; 2013-01-12, 21:07. Reason: Lstr developments

Comment

• [QUOTE=Petenz;26579]No sign of cW today on the Link flight to Invercargill. Lost it just 0n 100NM and was expecting to see cW pick it up from there. Must be offline./QUOTE]

Apologies Petenz - had a lie in

Went online 5 mins ago and caught ZK-MVB on finals. Had gone online with a view to catching JQ220 ZQN/MEL as I seem to do better at catching part of those MEL flights from my location. I'll be here to catch NZ5004 ETD 1030 and pass her onto you up the line

Comment

• Wondering why cW ,Lj , and Dk are all black letters in the Sharers box in 'Aircraft view" It has an effect of stopping them making contrails , which is a shame in cW's caseas I don't seem to be able to share/link up with him on the deep south flights. I just see a line of tiny dots. Would I have to click in the box that says "contrails on shared data". At present I have the "contrails in local data" clicked in the Chart/Options area.
                            Last edited by Petenz; 2013-01-13, 05:57.

Comment

• Cloud disrupts flights at Wellington Airport

Low lying cloud has disrupting flights at Wellington Airport today.

Air New Zealand's Kelly Kilgour said that the cloud has caused the cancellation of seven return regional Link services today.

However, visibility is improving and Air New Zealand hopes to resume normal operation as soon as possible.

View the latest flight information here.

Jetstar says their services in and out of Wellington are operating as normal but they will be monitoring weather conditions throughout the day.

Meanwhile in the South Island, overflowing rivers are threatening to wash out roads on the West Coast as the region deals with its second bout of heavy rain in a week.

A very active front is moving across the West Coast today, bringing heavy rain and the threat of intense thunderstorms to the region.

Geoff Mackley told ONE News the Wanganui River near Harihari is raging, threatening the same bridge where heavy rain washed away a ten metre section last week.
                              MetService predict the heavy rain will be fast moving and most places in the West Coast and Southland region will experience a 6-9 hour burst of rainfall. The rain is expected to ease later tonight.

Significant spill over can also be expected into the headwaters of the lakes and rivers in Otago and Canterbury.

MetService warn rainfall of this intensity can cause slips and surface flooding, and given the recent heavy rainfall events, they are urging the public to exercise caution around streams and rivers.

There is also a low risk of thunderstorms developing from Hawkes Bay to Gisborne and Bay of Plenty.

Check out the weather in your region here .

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-news/ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=air
                              http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EKCH
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYBh_ut-fo&feature ...düüüse Im Sauseschritt

Comment

• Gidday all, Colin from wet windy Welly

I work on the western apron and was contemplating throwing an sbs-3 up at our base to capture ads-b and ais.

I guess the question is, will this improve coverage here or be a bit of a waste? I do detect that a/c on finals from the south into 34 tend to get lost.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X